HNY or NPB?

Petit_Rose

Second Star to the Right **
I'm planning a family trip for April with two young kids (3 + 1). I'm looking at either the Cheyenne, HNY or NPB (We are staying at GF in SL later in the year).

Can someone sell me one over the other?

I've stayed at the Cheyenne and the Disneyland Hotel but never any of the other hotels so I don't really know what to expect. If we go HNY or NPB I will definitely book a Club level room.

So, please, what's your favourite things, not-so-favourite things and which hotel would you pick?

Cheyenne is my favorite hotel when staying onsite, because it's reasonably priced and the themeing works for me. Next comes the Sequoia Lodge, why have you ruled it out? It's cheaper than the NPB and the same distance from the parks as the NPB and just a few steps more than the HNY.

You will see from my signature that I really like the Hotel New York. I can't however compare with NPB as we've never stayed there. The main reason I always choose HNY is location and I know that other hotels around the lake aren't that much further but at the end of a long day I think it does matter. I don't like waiting on the shuttle busses and prefer to walk. I've seen the walkway to NPB shut off quite a few times meaning a long walk round the lake. We often do EMH and then stroll back to the hotel for breakfast. It's also easy to nip back in the afternoon for some rest or to use the pool without it feeling like a hike.

I like the size of HNY too - not overly big so not a long queue for breakfast. The rooms are large with plenty of space to spread out if you have small children. We like the daft little things like an ice bucket in the room, room service if we want it, wifi, the pool is good, tennis in summer and generally just a nice place to be. Again, really handy to wander round the village if we want to.

Everyone has their own taste so décor isn't really something that can be recommended. I think HNY is the only hotel left that doesn't have Disney décor, it sticks with it's original art deco theme - I'm sure that will change though once they refurb.

In previous years HNY was the only hotel that offered hot breakfast as standard apart from DLH - I'm sure this has changed now and NPB do too.

The only other thing that puts me off the NPB is the sheer size of it - reports of people taking 20 minutes from reception to find their room does not appeal. However, if you're going club level then I think it is located in the central part of NPB so that won't be an issue for you.

Hope this helps a bit - probably not though as I'm a bit biased :rotfl:

Newport Bay for me, I love this hotel. Yes it is huge but if you stay club level all the rooms are in the central part of the hotel. And in April the short stroll around the lake will be very pleasant.

We're just back from the Compass Club and cannot recommend it enough, it was really magical!! Love the New York (our last stay there was a a couple of years ago though) but they've done a really nice job with the refurb in the Newport Bay Club. Before we would always go for the New York (hot breakfast, shorter walk, smaller hotel) but breakfast in the Compass Club is brilliant, the rooms are really beautiful, and the walk is only slightly longer...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter