• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hilton Parc Soleil review Feb 2011

jeff968

DIS Veteran
My wife, 11 year old daughter, and I just returned from a one week stay at the Hilton Parc Soleil in Orlando. My family and I have been staying in Orlando-based timeshares for 10 years now and I have to say that the Parc Soleil may very well be the nicest resort we have every stayed at. To be fair, it is also the newest but they got everything right.

Currently the resort has two buildings, 100 and 200. I believe there are seven buildings planned in total but they have not started on the third one yet. They also have nearby retail development planned but that is on hold per the economy. We were set up in a one bedroom suite on the 14th floor of building 200 with a spectacular view of the pool and surrounding area (you need to be in building 100 facing away from the pool if you want to see the nightly fireworks at Disney). The room was fantastic. It was very modern and open. The kitchen had everything that was expected; granite countertops, stainless appliances, a garbage disposal, even all wood flooring. The living area had a larger flat screen TV and nice sleep sofa that my daughter used. We had a large master bedroom with a very comfortable king sized bed with plenty of pillows and another flat screen TV. The single bathroom had the huge shower, tub, and a dual sink. One side was connected to the master bath and the single toilet was in a separate area connected to both the master bath and the kitchen with a pocket door to give you privacy. The coolest thing is a soaking tub with the water filling from the ceiling!!! It is interesting to see that the “in-room” whirlpool tub is all but dead. The older resorts we’ve stayed at had them but they were rarely used and took up a lot of room. Here we have the latest resort which doesn’t have them at all. I think it is a smart move and the soaking tub is very nice. The unit had a very modern euro décor to it with lots of wood. Very sharp. The patio was huge with a table and four chairs and a cushioned lounge chair. It was great to be out there for breakfast and just taking in the beautiful view. It was not screened in, just a railing.

The resort is beautiful and nicely set up with a very large zero-entry pool in the center with water fountains all around and a good size slide to the rear. Everyone enjoyed the pool and the bar/grill is right in front of it which is not too close. This works great as you look out on the beautiful pool area. You can enjoy food or drink while watching your kids play in the pool. You can also move back into the lounge area which has more tables, many TVs, and a quieter atmosphere or if you are looking to escape the sun. The main pool is no deeper then just over 4 feet. Everyone of every age enjoyed it. There were three good sized hot tubs surrounding it as well as the adult quiet pool and another hot tub to the side near the pond. There are two large towel units where you picked up your towels and got rid of them when you were done. There were always plenty of towels and comfortable lounge chairs.

My daughter had a great time and enjoyed the many resort-sponsored activities. These included daily poolside events including the timed slide races on Saturday. She took part in the kid’s night out at Wonderworks and had a great time. One of the best events was the poolside dive-in movies on Saturday and Wednesday. The resort purchased a huge, 20 foot tall inflateable screen and using a rear-projection unit and a good audio system we watched the movies in the water! We saw “Despicable Me” and “Toy Story 3”. A lot of fun. You could also grab chairs from the bar-grill tables and watch from there if you wanted to stay dry. The resort staff played well with the kids and made the events a lot of fun. After all, they put the “soul” into Parc Soleil :) as they would always say. My daughter made many friends and they would meet at the pool daily. Ice Cream Sundaes were offered often (not as good as the Marriott’s but okay). Even the adults got into the fun. I competed in the slide races and won a free drink at a poolside event. The activity center was great with lots to do for the kids. My daughter reported they had the latest Wi and controllers and she loved the free-use PCs (with parental controls installed) so she could show things to her new friends.

The resort offers many other things. The market place has all you need including a good selection of wine. The food at the Grill was better then I expected. We ate there twice, for lunch and dinner and both meals were very good and priced very reasonably. There is a nice walking path around the large pond in the back. It is one half mile around and I would do laps every morning. It was nicely landscaped. The wife and I played Tennis four times. There is only 1 court but we never had to wait. There are also basketball courts there as well. All of these are a good walk from the resort buildings. The wife enjoyed the fitness room and never had to wait for a treadmill. Another Orlando resort first for us was the under-building parking garage. Very convenient keeping your car cool and dry (although we didn’t have any rain during our trip :) ). Elevators worked well and quickly. Grounds were clean and neat.

The resort’s location also turned out to be a plus. It is by itself on the west side of route 4. It is a little desolate but the plus side is it is still a quick drive to anyplace you would want to go. Also, the Palm Parkway, where the resort is located, offers a neat driving alternative. You can take a left out of the resort and the Palm Pky runs parallel to route 4/I-drive. You can follow it up to the various cut over roads to get to Seaworld (in minutes) or drive all the way up to Universal avoiding Route 4, 535, or I-drive if you want to. Very convenient.

Our timeshare tour was low pressure. We did our 90 minutes, got our two free attraction tickets, and were on our way (we did not buy, we never do). We have stayed at many of the nicer Orlando resort locations and Parc Soleil definitely rates at or near number 1. We love the Marriott Cypress Harbor. It has a great configuration and is beautiful but it was built in 1992 and you can see how resort design has evolved since that time and Parc Soleil reflects the latest in every aspect. Our Orlando trips are spent largely at the resort (we come for the sun, we didn’t even hit Disney this time, just one day at US IOA for Harry Potter) so we look for a resort that helps us relax and Parc Soleil delivered. We would definitely go back in a minute.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Jeff (from CT)

Jeff, your review was full of information and very helpful. I am hoping to get a room with a good view,but we won't be checking in until later in the evening, so I fear we won't get a "premium" view. But we are only there for 3 nights, so we won't get much time to enjoy the view. The covered parking will be a bonus. Were there many carts to transport your luggage up to your room? Some places where we've stayed have had a lot of those, and others you had to scrounge to find one.

Glad your weather was so good..that was great for hanging at the pool...and how was Harry Potter at IOA? All that its cracked up to be ??? How long were the lines? Did you do the Forbidden Journey ???

Thanks again for your update on the Parc Soleil.

Jeff, your review was full of information and very helpful. I am hoping to get a room with a good view,but we won't be checking in until later in the evening, so I fear we won't get a "premium" view.

We aren't talking Hawaii oceanfront here, this is Orlando. The absolute best view you are possibly going to get isn't much more than a bunch of buildings off in the distance. If they give you a "premium" view for free that's fine but I certainly wouldn't pay extra for it. Even if you are there for the fireworks at Disney they only last a few minutes out of your total vacation.

You can call the hotel directly and ask for a room with a Disney view. If it's available they will save it for you. Try 1408, that is a perfect view of Disney. If not that one then one similar, they will understand what you're looking for.

Jeff, your review was full of information and very helpful. I am hoping to get a room with a good view,but we won't be checking in until later in the evening, so I fear we won't get a "premium" view. But we are only there for 3 nights, so we won't get much time to enjoy the view. The covered parking will be a bonus. Were there many carts to transport your luggage up to your room? Some places where we've stayed have had a lot of those, and others you had to scrounge to find one.

Glad your weather was so good..that was great for hanging at the pool...and how was Harry Potter at IOA? All that its cracked up to be ??? How long were the lines? Did you do the Forbidden Journey ???

Thanks again for your update on the Parc Soleil.

Like Purseval said, none of the views are that great or that bad. To compare, Marriott Cypress Harbor is beautiful. You look over a lake with a fountain, all the landscaping has grown in and looks fantastic. It is no Hawaii but it looks as good as you can get in Orlando. For Parc Soleil building 100 south gets you Disney but North gets you the pool. building 200 East gets you the pool and 200 west looks over undeveloped land but the pond is to the left which is nice. So, don't worry too much about the view. I like a high floor so ask for one of those if you like.

Harry Potter was very cool. Lines were bad but we went first thing and did well and after 6pm everyone left so we got to do all the rides until 9pm when the park closed.

Thanks for the review, we are staying there in June and now I cannot wait! What park tickets were you offered for the time share tour?

You could get any attraction ticket you wanted. We chose Universal Islands of adventure for the Harry Potter park. We purchased an extra ticket for my daughter. We did not purchase and of the extra "go to the front of the line" tickets. We had a great time at the park (did 9am to 9pm) and Harry Potter was amazing. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the review! This is one of the resorts I have been looking at but was wondering if you have an idea of how far it is to the Disney parks.

Thanks for the review! This is one of the resorts I have been looking at but was wondering if you have an idea of how far it is to the Disney parks.

It's 2 miles to the entrance of Downtown Disney then from there it depends on which park you are going to.

535 was such a mess during our last visit. The traffic seemed worse then ever. I would almost consider taking a left out of the resort on to the Palm pkwy then up to the Central Florida parkway (the road to get to Seaworld, only minutes away), take a right onto it, then do a u-turn onto route 4 south to the disney parks.

535 was such a mess during our last visit. The traffic seemed worse then ever. I would almost consider taking a left out of the resort on to the Palm pkwy then up to the Central Florida parkway (the road to get to Seaworld, only minutes away), take a right onto it, then do a u-turn onto route 4 south to the disney parks.

You could also go straight across 535 to Winter Garden Vineland Road (instead of taking the left onto Apopka-Vineland Road like 99% of the people do) and follow that road to Vista Boulevard. Make a left on Vista Blvd and it takes you into WDW property past Downtown Disney. Then you could either take Bonnet Creek Parkway to get to Epcot/DHS or stay on Vista to World Drive and MK.

If you go to Google Maps, put in Palm Parkway, Orlando and follow it on the map you will see what I mean.

Thanks for the great report. We are heading there in a few months and I was worried about the timeshare pitch. Glad to hear it's not high pressure. We are not interested in buying. We're going because of the great deal they offered us - 3 nights for $99. You can't beat that!

Thanks for the great report. We are heading there in a few months and I was worried about the timeshare pitch. Glad to hear it's not high pressure. We are not interested in buying. We're going because of the great deal they offered us - 3 nights for $99. You can't beat that!

No, you can't, and remember, you can build off of that deal. They offer additional nights at $149 a night. Not as good as $33 but still pretty good for a 1 bedroom suite. I turned our 3 day offer into a week.

Can I ask how you got that rate? We're going in Aug. Went last Aug. and had a rate of 121.00 per night... thanks!!!

Can I ask how you got that rate? We're going in Aug. Went last Aug. and had a rate of 121.00 per night... thanks!!!

You have to be on their perspective buyer list and I'm not sure how you get on that. We got the same deal. Hilton has called and we've stayed at their resorts 4 times now and have yet to buy so I'm sure we are close to not being offered these great rates much longer. We are "banned for life" at marriott now having taken their timeshare tours (and getting their "deals") about a dozen times without buying.

Thanks for your very detailed review. We are booked at the Hilton Parc Soleil for March 2012, using our credit card points. Initially, we were torn between this one and the WDW Swan/Dolphin. Hilton PS won out since it used less points and offered more in space and amenities. Your review reaffirmed that we made a good decision. :thumbsup2

We love the look of the resort, the nice pool area with the pool slide, the fact that it's in a quiet area (nice after a long day at the parks) but a short drive to all attractions, and that it has ensuite laundry (sadly, that's what I tend to do on vacation to avoid having to take it all home with me :sad2:).

Really looking forward to staying at the Hilton PS...unfortunately, our countdown is a LONNNGGGG one. :sad1:

BTW, which tower do you recommend? Is one better than the other in terms of noise, views? Thanks in advance!!!!

We stayed here for 2 weeks last summer (we are from the UK), we normally stay in Disney hotels but Parc Soleil was FABULOUS - we are returning for another fun two weeks in just 8 days time - very excited!

BTW, which tower do you recommend? Is one better than the other in terms of noise, views? Thanks in advance!!!!

If you want to see the Fireworks at Disney you'll need to be in building 100 facing south. Some of the southern end units in building 200 also can see them. Building 100 North and Build 200 East (where we were) face the pool. Very nice. Noise would be the same everywhere. 200 had the fitness room and the store at the bottom. The buildings are tall so if you like a view (like I do) as for a high floor room.

Have fun. We are going back in 2012! :banana:

I'm glad to see you liked Parc Soleil! We own HGVC and Parc Soleil is my absolute favorite. We will be back again at the end of the month. We go several times a year and I have been known to turn down Disney properties in favor of Parc Soleil, I like it that much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter