• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hillary Supporters unite....no bashing please! only smiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to get an early start on the positive campaigning, Plouffe(Obama's national campaign manager) is saying that real racists are probably voting Republican in any case.

Is that what the American people want to talk about? Is that going to put food on the table? Isn't that taking away from the debate that we want to hear? Seems like a diversionary tactic.

This is seems to be good news for Hillary:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/04/popular_vote_gives_clinton_an.html

April 26, 2008
Popular Vote Gives Clinton an Edge
By Michael Barone

One thing many people haven't noticed about Hillary Clinton's 55 percent to 45 percent victory over Barack Obama in the Pennsylvania primary is that it put her ahead of Obama in the popular vote. Her 214,000-vote margin in the Keystone State means that she has won the votes, in primaries and caucuses, of 15,112,000 Americans, compared to 14,993,000 for Obama.

If you add in the votes, as estimated by the folks at realclearpolitics.com, in the Iowa, Nevada, Washington and Maine caucuses, where state Democratic parties did not count the number of caucus-attenders, Clinton still has a lead of 12,000 votes.

Moreover, she may be able to maintain that lead, despite an expected Obama victory in North Carolina on May 6, by rolling up big popular vote margins in West Virginia on May 13, Kentucky on May 20 and Puerto Rico on June 1. So it's likely that Clinton will be able to argue that undecided super-delegates should heed the will of the people.

Obama supporters can counter that claim with arguments of their own. Their candidate is ahead and will remain ahead in delegates chosen in caucuses and primaries. Michigan, where Obama was not on the ballot, and Florida have been disqualified by the Democratic National Committee for voting too early. Counting popular votes unduly discounts the results from caucuses, in which many fewer people participate than in primaries. And the Democratic Party can't afford to alienate the young and black voters who enthusiastically back Obama.

These arguments will probably prevail. Yet Clinton's popular vote lead is one piece of evidence that suggests that Obama will be a weak general election candidate. In national polls, neither Democrat seems stronger than the other: The realclearpolitics.com average of polls as this is written shows Obama leading John McCain 46 percent to 45 percent and Clinton and McCain tied at 46 percent apiece. But they don't run the same in different states.

SurveyUSA's 50-state polls released in March showed that electoral votes would go to different parties in 15 states depending on whether McCain was pitted against Clinton or Obama. And it is electoral votes that determine who will be president.

There are states where Obama runs stronger than Clinton. They include most of the West -- notably Colorado, a state Democrats lost in 2000 and 2004 but which has trended their way since. They include states in the Upper Midwest, like Minnesota, and New England states like Connecticut and New Hampshire, which Democrats won in 2004 but where Clinton seems weak.

But Clinton seems to run stronger than Obama in the industrial (or formerly industrial) belt, running west from New Jersey through Pennsylvania and Ohio to Michigan and Missouri. Obama's weakness among white working-class voters in the primaries here suggests he is poorly positioned to win votes he will need to carry these states in November. This is not a minor problem -- we're talking about 84 electoral votes.

Obama has also fared poorly among Latino and Jewish voters in every primary held so far. This is of consequence most notably in Florida, which has 27 electoral votes. In 2000, Al Gore won 67 percent of the vote in Broward County and 62 percent in Palm Beach County -- both have large Jewish populations. In this year's Florida primary, Obama lost those counties to Clinton by 57 percent to 33 percent and 61 percent to 27 percent. No Democrat can carry Florida without big margins in Broward and Palm Beach.

Obama's weakness among Latinos and Jews could conceivably put California's 55 electoral votes in play. Los Angeles County delivered an 831,000 vote plurality for John Kerry in 2004. Most of that plurality came from areas with large numbers of Latinos and Jews.

Barack Obama's 20-year association with his "spiritual mentor," the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, his "friendly" relationship will unrepentant Weather Underground bomber William Ayers and his remark that "bitter" small-town Pennsylvanians "cling to guns and religion" do not help him with any of these key voting groups. And his discomfort, evident in the Pennsylvania debate, when he is greeted with anything but adulation does not augur well for his ability to stand firm and show a sense of command in the face of the stringent criticism he is bound to receive as the Democratic nominee.

Hillary Clinton's current and tenuous popular vote lead may not persuade Democratic super-delegates to reject the candidate who has, after all, won more delegates in primaries and caucuses. But it may prompt some to think hard about Electoral College arithmetic.

Copyright 2008, Creators Syndicate Inc.

Basically, democrats in this election are split pretty darn near 50/50. It is still anyone's race.

For real? I think that you could slap a Democratic label on anyone and that person could beat that ticket handily. What is McCain thinking?

Yeah, I was surprised today but I guess McCain is trying to shore up the Evangelical wing of the party. The Republican party became doomed when it began to eat out of Falwell's and Robertson's hands.

Yeah, I was surprised today but I guess McCain is trying to shore up the Evangelical wing of the party. The Republican party became doomed when it began to eat out of Falwell's and Robertson's hands.

I don't think so. Catering to the far right has enabled the Repubs to be in power for far too many years. You and I may not like it, but it hardly dooms the party.

How many times is this guy GONNA retire?

I read that he retired in Dec, then the end of February. Obama keeps callin him hia ex minister............:confused3 :confused: :confused3 :confused:

It is always a different story. DH said he almost Voted Obama up to the time he voted. The minister is the only reason he did not.

It is always a different story. DH said he almost Voted Obama up to the time he voted. The minister is the only reason he did not.

Does your husband know BO endorses Partial Birth Abortion, postpartum abortion and sex education for kindergarteners?

on July 17, 2007 Senator Barack Obama (D-Ill., who wants to be The First Black President of The United States) told Planned Parenthood that sex education for kindergarteners, as long as it is "age-appropriate," is "the right thing to do."

"When you get right down to it," the Illinois Senator said before an audience at the recent Stem Cells R Us Annual Convention, "What difference does two or three minutes inside or outside the womb really make? One's 'late-term' and the other's 'postpartum.' Who's to say if the postpartum fetus is truly viable? Postpartum fetuses die all the time for all manner of reasons..."

I'm not even sure I know what postpartum abortion is.
That makes two of us. :confused3

I see nothing wrong with "age-appropriate" sex education either, with parental consent of course. I assume that they talk about the birds and the bees without much detail at that age.

Found it on yahoo answers:

Apparently in postpartum abortions within four minutes after being born a baby's life can be terminated for various reasons. At this point it is done in severe medical cases but by making it legal you are opening the door to a lot of misuse.

I have watched on TV how the procedure of postpartum abortions are done and if the baby is alive....they have to kill it to take it out..
here is a nurses story.. link is provided for the rest of the story...

*Can you describe the partial-birth abortions you witnessed? What did you see?

"He turned the baby around [in the womb] and brought it out feet first. That's one of the worse things for the mother that you can do. I was helping the doctor hold the baby [to keep it in the birth canal]. The other nurse got the instrument [a large syringe with a large needle], handed it to the doctor, and he inserted it into the base of the skull. Then he pulled the baby out. Its little hands were grasping. When the baby quit grasping, then he delivered it. He used the syringe to suction out the brains. That's more traumatic on the mother than if she had given a normal birth."

"They took the [dead] baby and wrapped it up in a receiving blanket and asked her [the mother] if she wanted to hold it. She said she didn't want to. Neither one of them wanted to see them."

"They were sent to the morgue."

Hey, I'm all for abortions until the 18th year of life (and I am about to KILL my 15 yo DD).

joke, people....

Hey, I'm all for abortions until the 18th year of life (and I am about to KILL my 15 yo DD).

joke, people....

LOL! I am pro- choice and I am about to kill my 12 yo DD. So you are not alone!;)

What I don't understand is why people are actually SUPPORTING this heartless person? I knew he was:

anti-white
anti-Semitic
anti-gay
anti-American
anti-female

but...anti-baby?!

LOL! I am pro- choice and I am about to kill my 12 yo DD. So you are not alone!;)

What I don't understand is why people are actually SUPPORTING this heartless person? I knew he was:

anti-white
anti-Semitic
anti-gay
anti-American
anti-female

but...anti-baby?!

I think your on the wrong thread this is the Hilllary supporters unite thread.

I think your on the wrong thread this is the Hilllary supporters unite thread.

Why worry now? Racist pictures of Obama don't seem to bother anyone, so why should lies? :confused3

"When you get right down to it," the Illinois Senator said before an audience at the recent Stem Cells R Us Annual Convention, "What difference does two or three minutes inside or outside the womb really make? One's 'late-term' and the other's 'postpartum.' Who's to say if the postpartum fetus is truly viable? Postpartum fetuses die all the time for all manner of reasons..."

"Stem Cells R Us Annual Convention"? That's the clue right there. :lmao:

Ok bring on the lies....what ever makes you happy. Where are the racist pictures?

anti-white
anti-Semitic
anti-gay
anti-American
anti-female

but...anti-baby?!

Every single one of those things is a lie. Not one of them, not a couple...every single one. :sad2:

As for racist pictures:

[QUOTE="Got Disney";24744710]
obama_afro.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This is funny? Why not just put gold teeth on him and a couple scantily clad women while you're at it? Maybe some watermelon and fried chicken, just to complete the stereotypes?

Yeah..I'm done on this thread. :sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter