Hillary Supporters unite....no bashing please! only smiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worse than losing some of our other friends....:sad2:

Agreed, you and I are just on such a similar wavelength between politics and Macs that I probably post more around threads with you than I do with my wife who's on these boards! :rotfl:

Michigan is becoming Clinton's secret weapon

While all eyes were locked on Pennsylvania for the last six weeks, Clinton was quietly amassing delegates in the Wolverine State. And she was rewarded this past weekend with a significant victory at the district conventions.

This development naturally has been overshadowed by her big win Tuesday night in Pennsylvania. But the race for the Democratic nomination wasn't decided then and won't be by the remaining contests -- not North Carolina, Indiana or even Guam -- because the real fight is over delegates. And Michigan remains a key battleground.

On Aug. 25, Clinton will march into the national convention in Denver stronger than most people realize, thanks to her aggressive ground game in Michigan.

Buoyed by party elder support, Clinton seems likely to capture more than 60 percent of the state's 128 pledged delegates, according to an analysis by the Michigan Information & Research Service. Including the 28 superdelegates, which lean heavily in the New York senator's favor, she could win upward of 70 percent of delegates, provided that they're seated with full voting power.

That depends on the Democratic National Committee, which punished Michigan for leapfrogging the primary schedule. There is no deal yet to seat the delegation. But the Clinton camp is working overtime to ensure the elected slate is sent. Keep in mind that Clinton won 55 percent to uncommitted's 40 percent since Obama wasn't on the ballot. He has pushed for a 50-50 percent delegate split, but that proposal hasn't gained traction.

It's becoming apparent that Obama should have consented to a revote here. He certainly wouldn't have lost by 15 percentage points or more; polls have pegged the pair in a dead heat. But Obama seemed spooked that Clintonites put forth the plan and the money, so he quashed the do-over last month.

Now Obama is paying the price in delegates, starting with the Michigan Democratic Party's 15 district conventions on Saturday. The Clinton battle plan was flawlessly executed with an eye toward a contested convention. Their delegate roster is crammed with big names like former Gov. Jim Blanchard and Lansing Mayor Virg Bernero.

:woohoo:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080424/OPINION01/804240315/1008

I am confused. I was listening to the news and heard the following: Obama leads Clinton in NC, but it is a much closer race in Indiana. No mention of the fact that Clinton is actually LEADING in Indiana. :confused3

oddly, enough-my post seems to have disappeared.....glad you liked the poem and if none of you ever see me here again-it's been nice.

Fits, you and I haven't always been on the same side of things. But I for one can't see anything you've done that would be ban worthy. It would be a complete outrage if you (or Jenny or dozens of others) were banned.

Fits, you and I haven't always been on the same side of things. But I for one can't see anything you've done that would be ban worthy. It would be a complete outrage if you (or Jenny or dozens of others) were banned.

I agree.:thumbsup2 unfortunatly even posters that were fair and balanced and never made a snitt about anything were banned. Will just have to wait and see what comes out of it. Glad to see your all still here :thumbsup2 on both sides...even the ones that at times I do not agree with.

I am confused. I was listening to the news and heard the following: Obama leads Clinton in NC, but it is a much closer race in Indiana. No mention of the fact that Clinton is actually LEADING in Indiana. :confused3

I saw on MSNBC they are tied in Indiana as of the latest polling.

I'll admit, I only know one side of what happened-but it doesn't seem like anyone that I know that is gone ever did anything terrible.

The cool thing to me about this board has always been that while we all disagree on a LOT of things-we all LOVE Disney and if we were all there together we'd have a great time.

Ok, I know some of you lurk over on the Obama thread, and probably saw the lolz I was posting, so I wanted to share one over here, in the spirit of unity.

ourchildrenwou128518035553750000.jpg

Ok...two, cause this one was too funny not to share. :teeth:

beeelzebubhas128512842547187500.jpg

Ok, I know some of you lurk over on the Obama thread, and probably saw the lolz I was posting, so I wanted to share one over here, in the spirit of unity.

Thanks! THose were hilarious. There was a time that Dean one would have offended me. Now? I think it's spot on! :lmao:

I love the one about the kids...:rotfl2:

Thanks! THose were hilarious. There was a time that Dean one would have offended me. Now? I think it's spot on! :lmao:

Yeah, but now I can't get that stinkin' song outta my head! :teeth:

I'll admit, I only know one side of what happened-but it doesn't seem like anyone that I know that is gone ever did anything terrible.

The cool thing to me about this board has always been that while we all disagree on a LOT of things-we all LOVE Disney and if we were all there together we'd have a great time.

Yes...yay Mickey :woohoo: whoot whoot:woohoo:

:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: thats tooooooooo funny :lmao:

I've been lurking lately, but I'm still here. Lost two dear friends in the last two weeks, so I haven't felt much like joining in. But I have enjoyed a good read occassionally. Thanks for keeping me caught up.

I'm proud of Hillary's win! You go girl!

I've been lurking lately, but I'm still here. Lost two dear friends in the last two weeks, so I haven't felt much like joining in. But I have enjoyed a good read occassionally. Thanks for keeping me caught up.

I am sorry, Merry.:hug:

:hug:

Glad to see you back!!! :wave2:

Thanks for the hugs, guys. I'm okay. The one death was totally unexpected. That's the one that really got to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter