• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Higher Price For Trip Insurance Through Disney Website

cindermomma

DIS Veteran
Hi there. Just was looking at website, to book a trip in the future, and now trip insurance through them is showing 119.99, instead of 89.99. Disney also notified me that my trip for Oct., which I booked June 19, I must pay the air portion ($650 for 3 RT from NE) by July 22 now, instead of the 45 days out(Aug. 16) like last year. Anyone else encounter this? Thanks inadvance for any postings!

Can't answer about the insurance part, but I did have to pay the airfare part plus the $2oo deposit by 5pm the following day after booking...this was booked in January 05 for a December 05 trip. The remaining balance is due 45 days prior to arrival.

I can confirm for you that Disney has raised the price of insurance from $44.95 per adult to $59.95 as of June 30th.

Disney sells 2 types of air fares "negotiated bulk" and retail. Can't remember which one off the top of my head, but one of them is refundable and the other is not. The non-refundable air has to be paid for within 24 hours of booking.

Hope this helps!

You can get trip insurance at insuremytrip.com for much cheaper than what Disney charges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter