Hidden Gem Restaurants?

shannonstar

StarGirlJapp
I know this gets asked a lot. Sorry in advance. I am trying to plan our upcoming trip and noticed that we tend to stick to the same restaurants every time we go (CP, TH, the usual character meals), (Ohana and the buffets).

My goal this year is to branch out a little more, maybe do more resort dining, Disney Springs, etc. We are staying at VWL 4 nights and then BCV 4 nights.

The only must dos for us are:
T-Rex (for the dino obsessed toddler)
Via Napoli (14 year old's choice)
Boma (DH Turkey Day choice)
Kona Breakfast (departure day tradition with family that lives nearby)

We will do:
Something Candlelight Processional related (possibly Garden Grill Breakfast)
Something Fantasmic Package related (have done them all before, but if they still have the Minnie Dinner we might do that)

Do you have any favorite TS and/or QS that you recommend?

We love Spice Road at Epcot, the view is great over the lake and the food is good. I haven't tried them all but from what I've read, most of the restaurants at Swan/Dolphin are pretty good. I know we've tried the Fresh Market for breakfast and love it and my son ate shusi at the bar and loved it.

It really depends on what type of food you like. Since you will be at BC you may want to do Cape May - breakfast is a typical buffet but dinner is a clam bake if you like seafood (they do have non-seafood items). Swan/Dolphin resorts are very tasty (but do not do DDP if you have that). I also really like Beaches and Cream for lunch.

Hidden gem- Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk. Great food and great service! We've done it the last two years and loved it!
Also it's not fancy food but we love Trails End.. Love the atmosphere & so much variety, good quality food

We love Biergarten ( love the enterteinment along with the food) and Trattoria el Forno, for TS. For us Earl of sandwich, Norway, and France are must does for CS. Delicious pastries at both Norway and France!

If you have eaters who are a bit adventurous, I'd definitely try Tiffins. The atmosphere is wonderful and I found the food delicious!

I also really like Raglan Road in Disney Springs. The music and dancers are so fun! The food is always good for us. And for the adults, check out their cocktail list. Last time they had a ginger mojito that my husband still talks about!

Biergarten always has availability last minute so I assume it is somewhat hidden. We went there on our last trip and I could not believe what a gem it was. The food was delicious! My picky son LOVED it and I loved it too. The atmosphere wasfun and TOTALLY disney with the town square feeling inside the building and the band is great. I had low expectations of the food and was prepared to be happy if I was fed and it was a fun experience but could not believe how good, hot and fresh the food was, even on a buffet. The homemade pickles are to die for and I was so sad they ran out of them. The meats were all juicy and tender and not dried out like you sometimes get on buffets. Grapefruit beer by the liter (eyes bigger than stomach though). It was the big surprise ringer of our trip and on the list for next time.

I never can say enough good things about Bluezoo (or Il Muliano/Kimonos/Shula's for that matter) and Spice Road Table.

We dined at the Grand Floridian Cafe and immediately noted it as a hidden gem... I would add the Wave in the Contemporary, too.
I would second these two. They're consistently good. For a QS, I'm a big fan of Friar's Nook in MK. Their pot roast mac and cheese is just so good!

Trails End is our hidden gem. We LOVE it! So much better than any other buffet on site. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, ribs, baked potato bar, wonderful desserts. And, it has a campy feel to it. It's our favorite now!

I think Trail's End at FW would be perfectly described as a 'hidden gem'. Both breakfast and dinner. Love the rustic atmosphere. It also gives you more bang for your buck by Disney standards.

Spice Road, as other have said.

We also love Captain's Grille, and I'm constantly surprised that it's never, ever mentioned.

I don't think Artist's Point at WL gets enough credit IMHO. It has a slight edge over Flying Fish as the best meal I've ever had in WDW, but I wouldn't call FF a hidden gem. I would call AP a hidden gem cuz I don't see many people talking about it as I think it deserves, I adore it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter