• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hicks on Holiday 2 - Done Brung the Kin Folk-Sept. 07 w/pics UPDATE 12/10/08 pg 41

It's amazing how many times "disney world" can come into a converstaion when you're obsessed planning a trip!:lmao:

I totally agree on the Tikki hellhole, oh room.

I sat through it with my mouth feeling like it was having contractions and about to give birth , wondering what I had done before this life to deserve the level of hell I was experiencing...............................In other words, not my favorite!

Oh, good, I thought maybe it was just me. ;)

an update!:cool1:

Thanks!
I figure will finish this, no matter how long it takes, and whether everyone sticks around or not.
I really want to have it written down.
Besides, it helps pass the time until we can take another trip.

Oh, it's all about you....isn't it??? LOL

Ok, ok, I'll see what I can do..........

Well, yeah....

YAY!! You updated just for MEEE!!!

I was thinking I'd like to do the tiki birds this vacation, but you have made me see the error in my thought process. I don't remember them because my mom has always hated them (so we never watched the show)! My mom probably had a point! :thumbsup2

Hicks on Holiday, 2nd. day in the parks,
Magic Kingdom
Sept. 18, '07
I Miss the Snowglobes...

So when we last left the Hick family, they had split up
knowing that there was enough Hick love to spread around the Magic Kingdom.
John aka Ninja Guy had accompanied the Bionic SIL,
Disney Girl, and Stitch and Poch Jr. to Big Thunder Mtn. RR.
The rest of us were taking our places across from LTT while waiting for...what time is that again???
Oh yeah, the THREE O'CLOCK Parade.

Mom and I did pretty well,
considering we had some squirrelly preschoolers with us.

We tried to spread out enough to save room for the rest of our group,
while giving off a "We're not saving seats, we really need this room" kind of vibe.

That worked pretty well, until our group arrived and the parade was about to start.
Suddenly, a group of people started zooming in on our area.
And, they decided to pull the "No habla Ingles" routine,
which will not work with me honey, because I happen to Habla.

Creo que si, yo tengo un minor de Espanol. Gracias, gracias mucho.

I got down from my seat at one point to check on one of the kids,
only to find a guy STANDING on it.
I gave him a very firm staredown with a EXCUSE ME,
and he seemed to get the message.

Before the parade started there was a car that went through with the winner of the Cinderella suite stay for the day.
It was a middle aged guy all by his lonesome.
I kinda felt bad for the guy.
I mean, who wants to stay at Cindy's castle all by themselves??? :confused3

The really sad thing was after that car and accompanying band,
there was this big gap of NOTHING.

:sad2:

People were kind of looking around like "Is that it???"

Of course, we knew there would be more.

Which reminds me of a funny story.
The only other time we watched the 3 O'clock parade,
(WITH snowglobes)
we sat in the same area,
and when it was all over, and the CMs were rolling up the rope,
people streaming out of the area in large groups,
a couple walks up, looks around, and the wife says,
"Oh, they must be getting ready for the parade." :eek:

We still get a chuckle over that,
and someone usually says that when we see CMs rolling up rope. LOL

Although the parade no longer has snowglobes, we did enjoy it,
especially through the eyes of the newbies,
who LOVED seeing so many characters in one place.

Having a first-timer along does add a little pixie dust to the things that have become routine.
We're definately NOT jaded about WDW,
but there are some things we skip if we don't have the time.

Here are a few of the better photos we got:

Alladin

IMG_0243.jpg

Pluto

IMG_0264.jpg

Cindy and "Charmin" (aka Sarah getting artsy w/ the Picasa2)

IMG_0255.jpg

Why do we call him Charmin?
Well, that's what Bitsy and Princess K call Princes,
or any other guy they like.

The other day they were playing, and the conversation went like this:

Princess K: "I love Jake, and HE is my Charmin."
(I THINK they got the name from a character in Hannah Montana.)

Bitsy: "No, I love Jake. He loves me. He is MY Charmin."

Princess K: "No, he's MY Charmin."

Bitsy: "NO, he's MY CHARMIN!!!"

The Inquisitor: "HI, I'm Jake!!!"

Bitsy, to Princess K: "You can have him."

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

So that was the parade. The ILs and Mom thought it was great,
and I think we all wiped a tear from our eyes.

We paused a moment and drank in ALL that is Disney.

And then decided we'd better hurry,
as we needed to fit in one more attraction before dinner.

Next up:
"Mommy, that's a Moooooky Old House!!!" Hicks go Haunting

Yay, an update! :yay: Good to have you back.

THIS SHOW IS A DRUG INDUCED NIGHTMARE.
:lmao: ITA, and I made the mistake of introducing my 5yo to it last year.... now we MUST see the stupid birds every trip. :headache:
The lady turned to her guy and said "Honey, this is the lady that told me about free dining!"
To which her new husband turned to me, grabbed my hand, and shook it saying, "Wow, thanks! You saved us a lot of money."
:rotfl2: That's hysterical! Good work :thumbsup2

Just wanted to tell you that I am really enjoying your TR, love the matching blue T's, MAny prince and princesses........large families are so much fun!!:woohoo: :banana: The pumpkins are "Monsterous" big:lmao: You are very artisitic and the children were very generous to let you take over their pumpkin.

I love the Cinderella parade photo :thumbsup2

So what time is the 3 O'Clock parade? :rotfl:

That's the second time I've read about the Castle winner being a single man :confused:

Just found this thread and it is great! Can't wait to hear more about the trip.
Now that I have read it all I will have to go check out your report on the food. Can't wait!:thumbsup2

Well, yeah....

YAY!! You updated just for MEEE!!!

I was thinking I'd like to do the tiki birds this vacation, but you have made me see the error in my thought process. I don't remember them because my mom has always hated them (so we never watched the show)! My mom probably had a point! :thumbsup2

Don't you know I'd do anything for you Heather? Well, not ANYTHING, but a lot. Well, not A LOT, but I'd definately do SOME things!

And I'm not saying don't go to the tiki birds, per se, just saying BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID.

:dance3: Ain't updates just grand?!;)
Thanks, I am very proud of myself.
Besides, stopping procrastinating on updates is another good way to avoid housework.

Yay, an update! :yay: Good to have you back.

:lmao: ITA, and I made the mistake of introducing my 5yo to it last year.... now we MUST see the stupid birds every trip. :headache:

:rotfl2: That's hysterical! Good work :thumbsup2

Oh, so sorry to hear about your 5yo's addiction. Maybe you could say it's closed to clean up after the birds???

Just wanted to tell you that I am really enjoying your TR, love the matching blue T's, MAny prince and princesses........large families are so much fun!!:woohoo: :banana: The pumpkins are "Monsterous" big:lmao: You are very artisitic and the children were very generous to let you take over their pumpkin.

Thanks! Glad to have you on board!
[I do have to twist their arms to get them to surender their pumpkins to me. "I gave birth to all 9 lbs. of you, the least you can do is let me paint your pumpkin this year." LOL]

I love the Cinderella parade photo :thumbsup2

So what time is the 3 O'Clock parade? :rotfl:

That's the second time I've read about the Castle winner being a single man :confused:

Thanks!

Castle stay -- Weird, isn't it?

Just found this thread and it is great! Can't wait to hear more about the trip.
Now that I have read it all I will have to go check out your report on the food. Can't wait!:thumbsup2

Thanks, come on over to the vittles report, I'm fixin' to update it this weekend.

Thanks for reading everyone! :woohoo:

:lmao: :lmao: at Charmin.
Tengo un minor de Espanol tambien.

Aw, I'm so touched that you will do SOME things for me. That's real friendship! :thumbsup2

I love your parade pictures! Sawyer is particularly fond of the Pluto one!

When we're there in May, we will win the night in the castle! :cloud9: We're already trying to figure out which of the 15 of us will actually stay there, if they don't let us all! :rotfl2:

I love your little Charmin! Can't imagine why the girls weren't fighting over him. ;)

Aw, I'm so touched that you will do SOME things for me. That's real friendship! :thumbsup2

I love your parade pictures! Sawyer is particularly fond of the Pluto one!

When we're there in May, we will win the night in the castle! :cloud9: We're already trying to figure out which of the 15 of us will actually stay there, if they don't let us all! :rotfl2:

I love your little Charmin! Can't imagine why the girls weren't fighting over him. ;)

Ya know I luv ya!

Sawyer is gonna LOVE WDW!

We were hoping we wouldn't win for that reason. We didn't want to try and decide who would go. It's NON-transferable, so if one of our immediate family won, we'd have to refuse. Sigh.

I love my Charmin too! :rotfl:
The girls were perhaps looking for someone older who was NOT a blood relative. LOL
(That's a GOOD thing, especially considering we're hicks. Don't need such tight genes. Blech.)

See you soon?

Your parade pictures are lovely!

-Holly. :wizard:

Thanks! I swore this time I was not taking more parade pics, as I usually get home and go "what did I take that for?"
But the lure of a new camera was too strong for me.
At least with digital I don't have to print them all if I don't want to, right?

The angle we were at made it hard to get really good shots, so I have a lot that we deleted. Glad you enjoyed them.

Thanks for reading!

I just found your trip report and have spent the last 2 hours reading it. Thanks for sharing! We were at WDW the same time you were and I remember seeing your family. It was the matching shirts that I remember. I loved them! They were so cute!

I just found your trip report and have spent the last 2 hours reading it. Thanks for sharing! We were at WDW the same time you were and I remember seeing your family. It was the matching shirts that I remember. I loved them! They were so cute!

Thanks! I am sure we got noticed, as we were a force to reckon with. LOL

You are kind of our midwest neighbors! :)

Thanks for reading!

What kind of candy is this? It looks like game pieces from the game "Sorry "
Children are adorable in their costumes.

It's Hershey Kissables. They are like mini Hershey kisses covered in a hard candy shell, like m&ms. They're really good. They do kind of look like sorry pieces. LOL

We like them because they are made "peanut-free" and are safe for my food allergic kids. M&Ms have a peanut cross-contam warning on them.

Thanks for the compliment...we think they're pretty cute too! :goodvibes

"Mommy, that's a Moooooky Old House!!!"
Hicks go Haunting...
and Shopping...
and Splashing....

Magic Kingdom - Sept. 18, 2008

When we last left the Hicks, they were just finishing up the 3 o'clock parade. It was probably 3:15 at the time. It's really not a long parade.

We still had some time before our 4:30 pm ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern.
So we ambled over in the direction of what Princess K labeled "A Mooooooky Old House!"
Yes, it's the Haunted Mansion, recently refurbished.

Unlike other attractions, the HM is refurbished to look older and dirtier.
We find that to be ironically humorous.
:lmao:

Yes, just in case you haven't noticed, we are Geek Hicks.

:sad2:

Oh the shame.

Anyway...
The Haunted Mansion is still fun and "mooky," but I for one thought that the "bride" segment went on a little long.
My mom wasn't too excited about the whole thing, not her bag,
but we did have some fun informing her about the loading procedure.

Wait for it.

"MOVING SIDEWALKS MOM!!!"

She just appreciates those little moments of thoughtfulness. :goodvibes

After the ride, we decided to check out one of my favorite stores, Ye Old Christmas Shoppe.
This is where you can find Ye Olde Christmas Ornaments, and other assorted Ye Olde Overpriced Holiday Home Decor.

I cannot resist Christmas ornaments from Disney.

This year I got a delicate little bell with the castle on top and Tinkerbell inside.

:lovestruc

About that time we decided to check in at LTT. Better early than late!

My full report is available in my food report (see below), but here are a couple of pics worthy of posting:

Bitsy's and her new Best Friend

IMG_0280.jpg

Mom and her new guy (sorry Dad! LOL)

IMG_0275.jpg

Belly's full with Thanksgiving Feast goodness, and then some, we headed off in search of the Laughing Place.

None of us had ever ridden Splash Mtn.
Mom volunteered to stay with the chickens, and those too small to ride.

I was a little aprehensive....I don't like to get all wet, so I usually avoid water rides.
I also don't like big drops.
But everyone tells me it is big fun, classic Disney, and not as bad as it looks.
:rolleyes:

Ok...

Come to find out, they were partially right.

It was pretty fun, with some great Disney theming.

BUT...we got to see that theming a bit too extensively,
as the ride broke down while we were in the room with the possums hanging from the ceiling.

For about 10 minutes.

After waiting in a pretty substantial line.

All I could think about was Mom waiting at the bottom to see us splash down,
and worrying where we had disappeared to.

AND, when we finally splashed down...I got soaking wet. :scared:

So we squished off the ride to find mom, who thankfully never really got worried about us.

AT LEAST it was 95 deg out, so the water wasn't too bad.

We left the area, deciding to work our way toward the train station to stake out a prime Wishes viewing area.

Next up: Extra Cheese, Please, and That's Babycakes, with a B.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter