Hickory farms

livie1205

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know when hickory farms will mark down after christmas?How long do they wait? I got tons of stuff last year at 75% off and plan to stock up on boxes this year.The store just opened in the mall so I plan to go and grab a box to snack on during christmas but I stock up during the sale.

I am watching right along with you!! popcorn:: I have two of the Disney packages I want to send to our friends in Virginia!!

those would make great gifts but if I were to be honest...there is no way i could part with any of my hickory farms! lol

I was in the mall last week and I saw the Mickey Mouse packages of Hickory Farms and they were very cool looking, the prices werent to bad, altough i didnt really look to see what was in the boxes.

I haven't been to the mall yet but my mom brought home a few cheese balls and a beef stick.:love:

I got several good deals on stuff last year, I think it was a little before 24th that the mark downs started.

I hope they have the mickey packages on mark down but I might just get them so I don't miss out!

I don't know if this helps but...

Last year I ordered online during the massive clearance sale & had my stuff in time to take to a New Years Eve party. So it must've been the day after Christmas.

Just a word of caution on stocking up. A couple of years ago we got DBil a set of Hickory Farms. We weren't going to see him until a day or 2 after christmas. When I went to wrap the box I took one last look and saw MOLD on the cheese and beefstick. Needless to say we ran out and got him a replacement gift, but I haven't been able to bring myself to buy from them again. If they were already moldy the week of Christmas that makes me really nervous about the quality/freshness.

Just a word of caution on stocking up. A couple of years ago we got DBil a set of Hickory Farms. We weren't going to see him until a day or 2 after christmas. When I went to wrap the box I took one last look and saw MOLD on the cheese and beefstick. Needless to say we ran out and got him a replacement gift, but I haven't been able to bring myself to buy from them again. If they were already moldy the week of Christmas that makes me really nervous about the quality/freshness.

You must have gotten a package with a damaged seal. Those things are usually sealed tight in plastic kryptonite... Surely, a one in a million event (?).
I can understand your hesitation, I'd be grossed out too.

Last year I ordered after Chrsistmas and got 75% off and the some of the dates were for 8 months out.

Just seeing the title of this thread made me smile and made me hungry! As part of a family oflong time Hickory Farms holiday fans, I know that at least around here everything goes 50% off when they open on December 26th. It seems like last year, they marked some stuff off (but not as big a discount) the week before Christmas too.

Last year I ordered several of their deluxe $100 gift boxes and one of them had a moldy cheese in it. I called asking if they would replace the cheese and they sent an entire new $100 box worth! :thumbsup2 That more than restored my faith in them, although I didn't need it for a gift the next day either.

Also, I think the $100 boxes were something like $8.99 plus tax and shipping.....it was something around 90% off I remember so I stocked up.

Dawn

PS: I ended up keeping the one with the bad cheese, we ate the rest, and I gave the free one to our neighbors who watch our dogs while we go to Disney. They were thrilled.

ohhhhhhhhhhh yummmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ones I got last year were all fine for months..we got one box that the seal was broken and they shipped me out another one with no problem.The only thing I did wrong last year was I kept going back to order more so I had fed ex at my door every night for a week! This year I am just going to order everything at one time lol I have set aside 100.00 for it and that will buy a lot at 75-90% off!

It is getting closer and I am also watching to see when these will be discounted. I am hoping maybe on 12/24 when I am at the mall doing last minute shopping that they will be some % off.

I also saw the Disney packaged ones, but at $40-45.00 each... I will wait for the discount and hope they are still there!

We did get it right around New Years. We had it for New Years, Super Bowl, Dh's Birthday.... we stocked up! It was great to just throw out on the buffet and let the men at it.

Our local mall has a seasonal store and last year they was clearance/sale stuff just a couple days before chritmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter