HI first time Disney Cruiser here :-)

cheermom2four

DIS Veteran
Hi all, first time to post and first time cruiser :yay:. I have never been on a cruise before but have always heard that even though Disney cruises are more, they are so much more worth it. We booked our first cruise wayyyyyyyyy in advanced (now i'm thinking way too far in advance and I probably look silly for it). Its for the 7-day Western Caribbean Sept 3, 2016 I did come here and look at rooms though as we got the Deluxe Family Oceanview cabin and one that will accommodate 4 instead of the 3 person ones. We would've chosen a balcony but our travel agent said save the money this time as we wont be in our rooms anyways except to sleep and change. We chose main seating but I'm wondering if that was a bad thing as we are kind of in-between eaters time wise so I'm leaning towards late but we chose main (which I'm hoping I can change if I change my mind). Guess I'll immerse myself into all these posts and find info out as I'm a little overwhelmed at all we need to do beforehand as it is.

You are going to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Disney Cruise Line. We've taken several cruises over the years and DCL does it best! So much fun, the rooms are well laid out, the dining experience is great and it's just an overall fun experience that only Disney can offer. Just my opinion ;-)

We've always done late dining ourselves. My thought process has always been that I want to have as much time in port as possible and I don't want to rush coming back from port to clean up and rest if needed. Sometimes if we come back from port hungry, we just order something small from room service or go to one of the open buffets to get a "hold me over" snack.

Thanks for the warm welcomes!!! Still have 202 days till our first of two cruises ever and on DCL. When I originally posted this I had only booked the family cruise (with two of our kids) for Sept 2016 and I just couldnt wait that long so hubby and I are celebrating our anniversary in Feb on the Magic without kids. WE booked a verandah room for this one and asked for Second seating because we are on MST and dont eat till after 5pm anyways so the main seating seemed wayyyyy too early. We also changed our seating for the second cruise to second seating instead of main also as the kids wont want to be rushed on port days. We also changed to a verandah room (4D) that sleeps 5 just so we can spread out among the four of us and for the fact my DS15 old wont fit on the bed that drops from the ceiling (he's over 6 ft) and my dd is only going to be 5 and sleep walks and I dont want her falling out of the bunk so we needed a room with the murphy bed. I really enjoy reading all the ideas and suggestions and experiences here. Hubby thinks I'm obsessed but this is so much fun to live through everyone's experiences.

Once you do a disney cruise you can't go back...I've taken norwegian before and it's definitely not up to par with disney

I have spoiled myself by having DCL be the first cruise line I traveled with because now I can't see myself going to another cruise line. We are going on our 3rd DCL cruise next year on September 2016 in the Mediterranean. We are so excited! I love hearing someone going on their first DCL trip because they are SO worth it and you will not regret the decision. Good move on changing to second seating. On my first cruise we did first seating and I did not like having to rush and one night we actually missed our meal time so we ate at one of the other restaurants.

Our first cruise ever will be the Dream in a couple weeks. Thinking already we'll never do another cruise line. We are in the late seating because we just booked but I'm hoping we can change that when we get on board, my husband can't eat late.

First time cruiser going in March 2016 on the Dream. Funny, we got to pick our seating (early) when we booked in May. Must depend on how early you do it, I guess. Hope you have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter