• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HHN Vacation Package - Check dates before booking

Iheoma

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

We’ve traveled to Universal several times and always stayed onsite. For the first time ever, I let my DH convince me to just buy a package for our Sept. 2018trip. We were super excited about staying at PBH and checking out HHN. So I put a deposit down on the HHN package. It turns out the event is not open any of the days we will be there. What pisses me off is that Universal sold me the package, which costs approx $250 more (due to the HHN tix prices) than a package without them. I totally get that it’s my responsibility to know the dates of the event, but I also think that it’s pretty bad for Universal to sell a product knowing that part of the tickets are completely unusable. So be aware and look out for this. I called Universal about 1.5 hours after booking and they were willing to change the package to a non HHN one. We’re bummed to miss it, but I’m
glad that we didn’t find out later.

Last edited:
So how can they sell a package with tickets that don’t have a date that you can use them. False advertising.

That’s exactly what they are doing if you’re buying for certain dates after 9/17 through the first week of October. I totally get the “buyer beware” but there’s really no way they should sell the HHN package on the days when they *know* it’s not open.

Packages always cost more than booking or purchasing everything separately for many time periods

Some like to do a package so the stay is paid for in advance

Packages come with regular park tickets

But if you plan to do hhn, there would be an additional cost to include hhn tickets for the uo package

I understand. It’s just that Universal is selling specific HHN Vacation Packages with HHN tickets included for days that HHN is not open.

The only public sale of hhn tickets right now are the bogof for Sunday-Friday

Hhn tickets above can be used any of those days

The sale ends early June

For the hhn packages only know about them based on the website info

So I put a deposit down on the HHN package. It turns out the event is not open any of the days we will be there. What pisses me off is that Universal sold me the package, which costs approx $250 more (due to the HHN tix prices) than a package without them.

So...how did you book it? I just played with the dates that have NO event in September (which means checking in and out on NON event days) and it would not let me. It said that the length of stay was not right.

Once I added in a day that had an event it let me go forward.

And it showed the HHN tickets as being an add-on, not automatic.

So it seems to me that it only lets you book if you'll be there on at least one date, and therefore it seems to assume that you'll stay there for the event on checkout day or go to the event on checkIN day. It also seems to be flexible enough so maybe even if you were leaving that resort and maybe going offsite you could still have that ticket.

I can 100% imagine someone booking a package and wanting to buy the tickets (which only seem to be the BOGO tickets...so you'd really want to be there over TWO events, which have to be specific days of the week) but not staying there for one or both of the parties, and it would be a great deal for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter