• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HHN 25 - Tickets are up on the website!!!!

$252 for a day ticket, halloween addon, and express pass for the party. Thats a 150% increase over a normal days admission. Its our first year going but not sure we want to shell out almost $900 to visit a theme park for ONE day (3 people). Yeah the EP isnt a must but for us being first timers who would like to see it all it is.

Same here!!!! We (3 people) are going for 2 days, 1 night(club level at RPR), and its costing us almost $1,000 with room, tickets, and add ons. I still think I am crazy for doing it, but I have never been to Universal or HHN, so I am praying it is all worth it!!!!! Our main reason for the trip is HHN!!!! Sooooooo excited!!!

Bought my tickets this morning!!!! I didn't get an email alert either...saw a post about Freddy vs Jason on FB (which sounds awesome!)

Yikes is it expensive for one night plus express!! BUT super excited to visit on 10/31.

For everyone who is going, I would recommend doing the behind the scenes daytime tours if you can. You'll see details that you'd never notice while going through the houses at night. Like, in the closet scene in the Michael Myers house, we saw Freddy's sweater and the suit that Leatherface wore in the original Texas a Chainsaw Massacre. These were hanging amongst many other items of clothing. Nearly impossible to see at night while moving through the house, just a nice touch that the designers put in. Another example was Chucky the doll hidden behind a support beam in the Dollhouse haunted house.

got to second what bsiev said above.

doing the houses in a tour during the daytime, will wow you!

you can not see all the details going throught the houses in a congo line in the dark.
you miss all the fine features and clues that you will discover inside the house during the night.

the information and background is explained by your tour guide.
all your questions will be answered and it gives you more of a feel for the theme of it and will tie together loose ends when you do the houses in the evening.

if you go into the houses at night and don't get the theme or wonder, what does that picture on the wall mean, you might not get the full impact of what you are seeing
with the house tours, it will all make sense for you later.

in past years, there have been 6 houses on the tours.

$252 for a day ticket, halloween addon, and express pass for the party. Thats a 150% increase over a normal days admission. Its our first year going but not sure we want to shell out almost $900 to visit a theme park for ONE day (3 people). Yeah the EP isnt a must but for us being first timers who would like to see it all it is.

Just wanted to mention, you don't need to use the 1 day ticket and the HHN addon in the same night. You could do them on separate nights. You just need to have (or buy) a day ticket to buy the addon ticket. You just wouldn't get the benefit of being in the park early on the HHN night.

Also for comparison, a 1 day park hopper to Disney and MNSSHP ticket would run about $240 depending on the night.

We decided last night to skip US/HHN. We haven't been before so we won't know what we're missing. I have no doubt its a great event but none of us are really into haunted houses enough to justify the cost. We will also be doing Disney and MNSSHP that week. I've been to MNSSHP before and know the crowds are much lower. Plus, we don't have to pay $80 to get to the front of the line. FP is free and with crowds low, you really dont need FP much anyway. For us, in regards to time, Disney is just a better value. I would totally be down for going to HHN if they had a similar FP type system but no way I'd go after reading the horror stories of long lines. I'll just have to rely on you all to post pics! :-)

Does anyone remember from last year what the timing of the closing was each night? I mean, about what time do they set up the lockdown zones inside the park? Assuming the zone is in the same place as last year, I want to make a reservation at Finnegan's as soon as I'm able.

If you read the full details for the FF w/ EP it mentions that EPs will not work on Gringotts or Hogwarts Express. Looks like I might finally get to see WWoHP lit up at night. If so, I hope the dragon is breathing too.

If you read the full details for the FF w/ EP it mentions that EPs will not work on Gringotts or Hogwarts Express. Looks like I might finally get to see WWoHP lit up at night. If so, I hope the dragon is breathing too.
Just so you know, Diagonal Alley is closed while HHN is going on.

I know it was last year and expect it to be closed again this year. But why would they mention it in the fine print of HHN tickets?

Edit:

I just checked, and it's only listed in the details for the RoF + EP and FF + EP ticket info. Single night EP tickets do not mention Gringots or HE. Weird.

Last edited:

have you priced out MNSSHP? not sure if they are having the VIP package we enjoyed last year, but it was good chunk of change last year even for our discounted tickets.

IMO Attempting to do Universal & HHN in one day is setting yourself up for a very long day & I guarantee you won't 'see it all', even if you are staying onsite w/the FOTL perk during the day.

consider selecting either the parks or HHN...better yet...do 1 day in the parks, then come back for a 2nd in the late am or early afternoon & stay for HHN. If a weeknight early enough in the season, you might be able to skip the EP entirely or add it on when there if the crowds are awful.

have you priced out MNSSHP?

Yeah, it was about $80 total. Front of the Line Passes (FP+) is free at Disney so thats an $80 savings (crowd levels are kept so that you really dont even need FP+ on those nights). We've already been to Magic Kingdom so no need to try to see the other stuff so thats another $102 savings. None of us had ever been to Universal before and we only had one day to spare so was trying to pack in as much as we could.

IMO Attempting to do Universal & HHN in one day is setting yourself up for a very long day & I guarantee you won't 'see it all'

Yeah, we we're ok with the long day and knew we couldn't see it all. US/IOA is a thrill park whereas Disney is more of a "theme" park. We prefer Disney for that reason. Our original reason for even going to US was for HHN and then figured we'd stroll the park at a leisurely pace during the day to see a few more things since we had never been. It was the price of the FOTL pass that killed it for us. Just not interested in paying $80 for that and it seems like its mandatory if you don't want to spend hours standing in lines. Its almost the price of the day/party ticket which gives me multiple bangs for the buck. The pass gives me one thing. There is no value in that. But, thats just us. As I said, Im sure its a delightful event and I'll be looking forward to all the pics from people who go.

Front of the Line Passes (FP+) is free at Disney so thats an $80 savings

None of us had ever been to Universal before.

US/IOA is a thrill park whereas Disney is more of a "theme" park. We prefer Disney for that reason.

I think a lot of people who haven't experienced Universal consider it a "thrill" park versus a "theme" park, but I'm guessing you may change your mind on that if you ever get a chance to spend a day there :) . We have been to all the Disney parks, both Universal parks, and all the SeaWorld parks in Orlando (so we have a good basis for comparison) and Universal's theming is some of the best...if not THE best....of the bunch. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade at Islands of Adventure, Diagon Alley at Universal Studios, Springfield at US, and Seuss Landing at IOA are all spectacularly done. The Harry Potter areas, in particular, are quite possibly the most immersive theme park experiences we have EVER had (and this is coming from a non-Potter fan....though this muggle was won over enough by our Universal trip that I'm considering enrolling at Hogwarts....assuming I could be sorted into Gryffindor House! :cutie:). It's a different theming than Disney (rather than feeling very child-centric, it feels much more "grown up" to us), but its certainly on par with the quality of the Mouse.

As for the Express Pass (which is offered at an additional cost) versus Disney's Fastpass (at no charge), those two products are really not even comparable. Express has HUGE value with no pre-booked times, unlimited front-of-the-line access, no ride tiering, and complete flexibility as you see fit. FP is much, MUCH more restrictive, far more limited, and a whole different beast as a result. Just like HHN (an event for teens and adults with a focus on being scary) is not even comparable to MNSSHP (which is geared to kids, family friend, with a focus on childlike fun).

Hopefully, on a future trip, you will have a chance to visit Universal and experience the differences for yourself :thumbsup2 .

Yeah, it was about $80 total. Front of the Line Passes (FP+) is free at Disney so thats an $80 savings (crowd levels are kept so that you really dont even need FP+ on those nights). We've already been to Magic Kingdom so no need to try to see the other stuff so thats another $102 savings. None of us had ever been to Universal before and we only had one day to spare so was trying to pack in as much as we could.

Yeah, we we're ok with the long day and knew we couldn't see it all. US/IOA is a thrill park whereas Disney is more of a "theme" park. We prefer Disney for that reason. Our original reason for even going to US was for HHN and then figured we'd stroll the park at a leisurely pace during the day to see a few more things since we had never been. It was the price of the FOTL pass that killed it for us. Just not interested in paying $80 for that and it seems like its mandatory if you don't want to spend hours standing in lines. Its almost the price of the day/party ticket which gives me multiple bangs for the buck. The pass gives me one thing. There is no value in that. But, thats just us. As I said, Im sure its a delightful event and I'll be looking forward to all the pics from people who go.
i do the motherland as much as i do the darkside.
i do book my fp+ but it is no front of the line for the rides.
last september and early october i did not get on the ride that quickly.
some of the waits were 20 minutes a few others were longer.

you only get a set time period to use the fp at the motherland.
it is not a direct walk on or just a few minute wait

I will admit we were looking forward to having a Krusty burger and a Lard and Lad doughnut. And the men folk were looking forward to the Alien ride. Maybe we should just do a day time ticket and skip HHN this time around. Ya'll are making me reconsider our unanimous vote last night now lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter