• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hey Northeasterners...keep us updated.

We are in the NJ blizzard warning zone. 18-24 inches and winds over 50 mph and coastal flooding. Snow expected to fall 2-4 inches per hour tonight with zero visibility. The storm is being referred to as "Historic." So glad I don't have to be at work until Wed 8 am!

I attended college in upstate NY. The main difference here in NJ/NYC is the snow removal crews here are mostly independent contractors rather than organized full time government employees. Snow in NYC just can't be plowed into piles - snow of this magnitude has to be loaded onto trucks and driven out of NYC!!

Grocery stores were like bumper carts with wall to wall people and checkout lines 15 customers deep. Two guys got into a fist fight and the police had to break it up!! Long lines to get gas. People here still remember Hurricane Sandy and are scared they will be trapped for days without food, water, electricity and heat.

Prayers to all emergency personnel on storm duty - police, fire, EMT's, nurses and doctors.

Stay safe everyone!

One of the Philly forecasters pointed out that a swath of 120 miles had expected snowfall ranges for 3 inches to 2+ feet. Fun times....

We are about 2 hours north of city in Dutchess County and have about 4 inches (started at about 4 pm). There are all sorts of travel bans issued ands kids are already loving the snow day they have called for tomorrow. :cool1: I find it intersting the panic people feel about the snow, just use your head and stay home! 2 feet is nothing compared to Buffalo a few months ago!

We are about 2 hours north of city in Dutchess County and have about 4 inches (started at about 4 pm). There are all sorts of travel bans issued ands kids are already loving the snow day they have called for tomorrow. :cool1: I find it intersting the panic people feel about the snow, just use your head and stay home! 2 feet is nothing compared to Buffalo a few months ago!

Yeah, I thought that NY, Boston, New England were almost as bad as Buffalo when it comes to snow. I guess we're just better then them all... :sad2:

I gotta get down to Orlando soon!

MA governor declared a statewide travel ban from midnight - until. Restrictions will be lifted on a county by county basis. Of course there are several exceptions to the travel ban, too many to list here. Exception List: http://www.mass.gov/alert/alertlanding.html#2136439

We're planning on taking pictures of our new neighborhood, Hoth, tomorrow. I envision songs like… "Do you wanna build an AT-AT? Maybe Wampas too? A snowy-fort-like rebel base with Tauntauns, Han and Luuuuuuke?"

Thinking happy thoughts,
-Krista

NJ has a state wide travel ban too...basically no one can be on the roads unless of a medical emergency (human or pet). Starting at midnight until he deems it safe for travel again.

I honestly can't remember the last time we ever had a travel ban! I am getting claustrophobic just thinking about it lol

As a Buffalonian who survived 8 feet of snow in November, I'm wondering what all this fuss is about! Two feet is a good day here! :lmao:

But seriously, good luck to our neighbors to the east. Stay home and stay safe, and thank God you don't have lake effect snow to add to it ;) Prayers to you all!

ditto

Be safe, stay inside and take care.

Update: It is still snowing here in northern NJ (just outside NYC). I'm a teacher, so no work tomorrow, and my rehearsal at a local university tomorrow night has also been canceled.

I just keep telling myself that I'll be at WDW in 3 weeks...

WORST case scenario is LOSS OF POWER in this COLD weather!:sad1::scared1::scared1:
Times like this reminds me of our BLESSINGS:littleangel: for the warmth of a home.
Everything else we can deal with!
STAY SAFE ALL!:)

Checking in from Wilmington DE. We were only expected to get about 3-6 inches of snow. But we ended up with nothing. Glad about that! Hope everyone else is safe!

Snow is coming down fast and furious here in central MA. Looks like at least a foot and more expected today!!:eek: Hoping we don't have a power outage before this storm ends. Count your blessings if you missed this storm.

In central MA as well watching the snow fly very low visibility and I agree about a foot but with all the movement hard to tell. Happy I am not out in it and have time to plan for a May trip :)

All good here in nj, missed us pretty much , about 5 inches at the most. Minimal clean up and a snow day! Stay safe all!

70 and sunny.. lucky Floridians! ;)

I'm in Erie, PA right on Lake Erie. Last year we won the Golden Snowglobe (most snowfall for a city of 100,000 or more). This year I think we're still in the lead, but we didn't catch much of the snow that the rest of the NE is getting, thankfully!

A foot at a time is pretty normal here! Praying that those hit hard by the storm are safe and warm. :)

North Jersey

We were predicted to get 12-24+ inches. This morning we have about 8. I'm not happy with any snow but I'll take this compared to what we were predicted to get.

North Central MA here....

Maybe about 12-15 " here. Lots of wind and snow drifts so some spots have 3+ feet of snow and in other places I can see grass.
Of course no bald spots in places we would need to shovel like the walk ways, driveway or where the dogs go out....that would make it too easy! :rotfl:

Still have power and my family is all home safe today...so i am grateful.

Hope the same for everyone else. :)

Wow! Be careful and be safe! Beautiful rainy day in L.A. (We need it.) Keeping all you East Coasters in our prayers.

We are mid-blizzard right now here in New Brunswick, Canada. Crazy high winds and no viability. City is shut down. But on the upside it means I am off work today and home with my three kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter