***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

Hey! I've been posting in the Nov. 2017 thread, but the more people to plan with, the better! :thumbsup2 We'll be going Oct. 29 to Nov. 4. We originally planned to go Nov. 2 to 8, but I've always wanted to go to the Halloween party and we tweaked it for that. We're going to MNSSHP on Halloween itself and I'm so excited! We're already planning costumes.

It will be my husband and me and our two sons (turning 13 while we're there, and 9) at Art of Animation and my parents at Pop Century. I'm very excited about that; my folks LOVE Disney but they haven't been in years. I can't wait to see them with their grandsons there.

Hi and welcome! I added you to our list! :)

We will also be going in October/November, but we are 10/25-11/3, so mostly October. We will be doing a party also, but I think on the first Thursday we are there, as other people are joining us later and I don't think they will want to go. Thinking of a nice dinner at Disney Springs on Halloween itself! Should be fun in the area with the bars and such.

Well We have changed the dates due to work issues. 10/25-11/3 I got more dates but we compromised and are staying at POP again. Which is okay with me. :) We celebrated our daughters first Halloween and she was a Giraffe. Soooo stinking cute Next year at the Halloween party we are doing Sleeping Beauty. I have already started working on our costumes.

Well We have changed the dates due to work issues. 10/25-11/3 I got more dates but we compromised and are staying at POP again. Which is okay with me. :) We celebrated our daughters first Halloween and she was a Giraffe. Soooo stinking cute Next year at the Halloween party we are doing Sleeping Beauty. I have already started working on our costumes.

Hey those are our exact dates! I think you made a good choice. ::yes::

I've updated you on the list!

Soooo, I have my first 3/4 days tentatively planned.

Day 1 - Wednesday- Arrive on time (hopefully!) at Polynesian. Relax a bit and then head over to MK for some evening rides and dinner at Skipper Canteen.
Day 2 - Thursday - Epcot morning/early afternoon. Future World and some Food/Wine. MNSSHP Thursday night (assuming it's still on Thursdays)
Day 3 - Friday - Animal Kingdom!!! Sleep in a bit and then go and stay through to the night. Dinner at Tiffins.
Day 4 - Saturday - no clue really, but would assume DHS for part of day, maybe dinner at a Signature that night? Trying to avoid both Epcot and MK as they will be crowded (food/wine and a non-party day at MK)

Now for the other 5 days...:laughing: Will be funny to check back on this later to see how much it's changed...

My husband and I will be staying at the Polynesian October 14-20!! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!:yay:

A few things that have been put on our must for this trip are:

pre park opening breakfast at Crystal palace. I want a few emptyish park pictures of our little girl walking down main street
Pick a pearl in Epcot
Spend a Full day in animal kingdom. our little one LOVES animals
see fantasmic and illuminations
Eat at Tusker House

There is so much more but Those are things I want to make sure we do. Our first stop when we get there will be the hotel then Magic kingdom to simply have a quickservice meal and take some pictures long as Miss Priss cooperates lol

I have been trying to pick out must do's-but since this trip is probably the only one we will get to WDW (since it costs about 3,000 more for us than Disneyland) it feels like everything is a must do and there isn't enough time.

so I'm trying to prioritize based on what we dont have at Disneyland which we can get to a few times a year.

So our must do's are wishes, illuminations, the star wars night show (if its still there next year), Boo to you, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom and Be our guest.

I am really hoping Pandora is open but I'm not holding my breath and I'm really hoping for Rivers of Light-but again not holding my breath.

I sat down last night to try and come up with my dining must do's and I got nowhere with that.

So our plans have changed a bit. We are now going October 20th-27th 2017 and staying at Caribbean Beach Resort. :-)

hello all!

Just booked today. We are going 10/8 to 10/13 just a short 5 night trip, staying at the Grand Floridian. First time staying at VFG, we normally stay at Kindani (and we will be there in April 2017) We missed the Halloween Party at DLR this year (we were only in town a few days to see family, and I got deathly ill), so the husband said we could go to WDW next year! I am excited about seeing the Halloween decoration at WDW, and doing to party!! The added bonus is Food and Wine. We will probably do the CS dining plan, as I prefer to have everything paid upfront as much as possible. Plus, we have never wanted for food when using the DP. (That and the math that goes along with "is it worth while", "what about TIW", not my forte)

Cant wait to really start planning and getting into the nitty gritty of this.

So our plans have changed a bit. We are now going October 20th-27th 2017 and staying at Caribbean Beach Resort. :-)

Updated! :)

hello all!

Just booked today. We are going 10/8 to 10/13 just a short 5 night trip, staying at the Grand Floridian. First time staying at VFG, we normally stay at Kindani (and we will be there in April 2017) We missed the Halloween Party at DLR this year (we were only in town a few days to see family, and I got deathly ill), so the husband said we could go to WDW next year! I am excited about seeing the Halloween decoration at WDW, and doing to party!! The added bonus is Food and Wine. We will probably do the CS dining plan, as I prefer to have everything paid upfront as much as possible. Plus, we have never wanted for food when using the DP. (That and the math that goes along with "is it worth while", "what about TIW", not my forte)

Cant wait to really start planning and getting into the nitty gritty of this.

Welcome! I added you to the list. The planning nitty gritty is the fun part for us loons!:rotfl:

My son and I are going 10/9-10/20 staying at AoA.
I won't get into my OCD level planning today, but I have the details worked out (as much as I can given how far the trip is).

Just wanted to pop back in again real quick...this trip is at the bottom of my planning list right now, but after we get back from our December trip I can put more energy into it :-)

I was talking to my mom the other day, and she keeps finding things she wants to buy for the trip. My step-dad keeps saying ,"it's a year away! You don't need to buy anything!", but I told her now she can say, "No, it's LESS than a year away!!"

My son and I are going 10/9-10/20 staying at AoA.
I won't get into my OCD level planning today, but I have the details worked out (as much as I can given how far the trip is).

Hi there! :wave2:

I've added you to the list and don't worry about being OCD, I have a feeling you will be in good company here. :lmao:

I think I have our eating plan pretty well decided, as well as which parks we want to go to when. Our trip is 10/09-10/20 with 8 day park hoppers (water parks all the exta stuff) and the dining plan (1qs, 1ts vesion). I am willing to go to a park, eat and go back to a different one. Anyone have any feedback or opinions as to how this looks? The last time I was at Disney I was nine, so where to eat wasn't my concern!
Just me (who can eat an entire cow alone) and my 6yr old son (who could eat willy wonka out of a factory).

10/09/17 11:00:00 PM- Get into hotel (we are stuck with a late flight).

10/10/17 MK
Breakfast- Ohanas
Lunch- Cosmic Rays
Dinner- BOG

10/11/17 AK
Breakfast- LOF
Lunch- Pizzafari
Dinner- Sanaa

10/12/17 W/P & MNSSHP
Breakfast- LOF
Lunch- Leaning Palms
Dinner- Tonys Twn sq (shortly after 4pm, eat then party)

10/13/17 HS
Breakfast- Starring Rolls
Lunch- Sci-Fi
Dinner- 50's

10/14/17 EP
Breakfast- LOF
Lunch and Dinner- Munch around the worlds (QS and food/wine fest)

10/15/17 MK/HS
Breakfast- CRT (as early as humanly possible, must. photography. empty. main street.)
Lunch- Bocados del Lago
Dinner- Pizza (In Room)

10/16/17 EP
Breakfast- Akerhaus
Lunch- QS
Dinner- Biergarden

10/17/17 DTD/Mini golf/MNSSHP (we're doing MNSSHP twice I think)
Breakfast- LOF
Lunch- Earl
Dinner- T-Rex

10/18/17 AK/(let the kid pick where he liked best)
Breakfast- LOF
Lunch- Rainforest Cafe
Dinner- QS

10/19/17 MK/EP
Breakfast- LOF
Lunch- Garden Grill
Dinner- WCC

10/20/17 02:00:00 PM Go to airport
Breakfast- LOF

Hi!

You are ahead of me in this, I have to start thinking of restaurants, we also have the table service dining plan.

So my question is, you have a few days where you have two table service restaurants planned, so I'm assuming you will pay one out of pocket? Otherwise I would switch the lunch out with a quick service. What does LOF mean? :)

For us, I would not do two sit downs in a day, at least not in a row. Perhaps on a relaxed day, we would do an early sit down breakfast, quick service lunch, and then a later sit down dinner.

This trip we plan to eat quick service for lunch and our sit downs will be dinner, probably at 7 or so as we need a break in the evening. (we are getting sooo old :p) That way we can eat at a signature at a hotel and still head to MK again if it's open later, or perhaps eat at Epcot and watch Illuminations. Or just spend the evening at Disney Springs! Breakfast will either be something we bought for room (bagels or something) or a snack...:cake: The only one tripping me up is Animal Kingdom. I know we will do at least two days there, including one night. I think on the day we plan to stay there as late as it's open, we may do a sit down breakfast and head over later in the afternoon and just have a quick service there for dinner, their quick service is delicious!

Hi!

You are ahead of me in this, I have to start thinking of restaurants, we also have the table service dining plan.

So my question is, you have a few days where you have two table service restaurants planned, so I'm assuming you will pay one out of pocket? Otherwise I would switch the lunch out with a quick service. What does LOF mean? :)

For us, I would not do two sit downs in a day, at least not in a row. Perhaps on a relaxed day, we would do an early sit down breakfast, quick service lunch, and then a later sit down dinner.

This trip we plan to eat quick service for lunch and our sit downs will be dinner, probably at 7 or so as we need a break in the evening. (we are getting sooo old :p) That way we can eat at a signature at a hotel and still head to MK again if it's open later, or perhaps eat at Epcot and watch Illuminations. Or just spend the evening at Disney Springs! Breakfast will either be something we bought for room (bagels or something) or a snack...:cake: The only one tripping me up is Animal Kingdom. I know we will do at least two days there, including one night. I think on the day we plan to stay there as late as it's open, we may do a sit down breakfast and head over later in the afternoon and just have a quick service there for dinner, their quick service is delicious!

Yes I'll be doing some things out of pocket, I couldn't narrow my list down enough to get just one TS each day. I'm sort of worried about the lunch/dinner TS days as well, but my "must do" list was too long.

LOF is Landscape of Flavors (the food court at AOA), I could get away cheaper in room, but this is sort of an "all out" trip.

AK doesn't have much that will interest us, my son isn't big on animals. We want the Safari, Tough to be a bug and that spiny coaster thing (the name is escaping me). We may check out Pandora and the Conservation station, depending on interest. With the hoppers we can always go back if something needs more time (I'm also open to adding another day to our tickets if we 'need' it).

My plans may morph when the hours are released, right now I'm assuming AK closing around 4-5, because that's when my notes say it will close, hence going to AKL for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter