Hertz manager special

rdrjj5

DIS Veteran
We have a hertz manager special reserved for May. If I join there club would I be able to go right to the garage and would we get to choose our car there? Also what would be the chance of getting a mini van? thanks

We are renting in May from Hertz(reserved a minivan). They aren't showing those as available on their site for the time we are there(05/05-05/12) anymore so I have to wonder if that would make your chances slim of getting a minivan?

We have a hertz manager special reserved for May. If I join there club would I be able to go right to the garage and would we get to choose our car there? Also what would be the chance of getting a mini van? thanks
Since the rental location selects the actual vehicle class, I would say you can't go direct to the garage.

Chances of you getting to go straight to the garage and/or getting a minivan are virtually zero. When you book a manager's special you get whatever they have the most of. Very high odds it's going to be a compact or pick up truck. Just about everything else is wanted by somebody at MCO. Even the 15 passenger vans are more likely to be rented.

Since the rental location selects the actual vehicle class, I would say you can't go direct to the garage.

Not true with Hertz. If you are a Gold Card member with a verified credit card on file, they simply text you the stall number and you get in and go, regardless of vehicle class. You just can't use the "Hertz Choice" aisle amd choose your own car.

I’m a Hertz Gold member and have rented at least 20 times at MCO in the last few years. I go directly to the garage and have my choice from either the Gold Circle or President’s Choice. I have seen mid-sized SUVs, Camaros, Mercedes, convertibles, Jeeps, but I have never seen a minivan as an option. So, even if you were somehow allowed to chose your vehicle, I would be shocked if there were a minivan.

I saw a minivan in the gold aisle in Feb. I was there on a solo trip; so I chose a Rav4, but if I'd had my kids with me, I would have chosen the minivan.

Not true with Hertz. If you are a Gold Card member with a verified credit card on file, they simply text you the stall number and you get in and go, regardless of vehicle class. You just can't use the "Hertz Choice" aisle amd choose your own car.
I'm getting conflicting info about the cc part---I recently joined Hertz Gold whatever it's called, and I had to enter a credit card. It said from my first rental I could skip the counter. The agent on the phone said since it will be my first time renting with them I would have to go to the counter. Anyone recently rent for the first time with Hertz and can offer insight? I don't want to burn time at the counter then be told I could have just gone to the garage and don't want to go to the garage only to have to turn around and go back. (We are flying in late the night before and staying at the mco hyatt and renting the car in the morning).

Thaniks!

I'm getting conflicting info about the cc part---I recently joined Hertz Gold whatever it's called, and I had to enter a credit card. It said from my first rental I could skip the counter. The agent on the phone said since it will be my first time renting with them I would have to go to the counter. Anyone recently rent for the first time with Hertz and can offer insight? I don't want to burn time at the counter then be told I could have just gone to the garage and don't want to go to the garage only to have to turn around and go back. (We are flying in late the night before and staying at the mco hyatt and renting the car in the morning).

Thaniks!

I can't speak to Hertz policy in 2023, but in the past, you had to verify your driver's license in person on your first rental. Once you've done that, you never have to stop at the counter again. I have done this prior to a trip by driving to the airport Hertz location 10 minutes from me and doing it there, so I wouldn't have to waste time during my vacation.

I can't speak to Hertz policy in 2023, but in the past, you had to verify your driver's license in person on your first rental. Once you've done that, you never have to stop at the counter again. I have done this prior to a trip by driving to the airport Hertz location 10 minutes from me and doing it there, so I wouldn't have to waste time during my vacation.
Great idea! Mine is 20min but a totally worthwhile trip! Thank you!

I may have been an anomaly as I didn't have to show my license until driving out. I did have my gold member account all set up and entered my DL # in that process. When I got to the garage, my name was on the board and I went straight to the car I was assigned.

I rented from Hertz at MCO last July as a new Gold Member, and I did not have to show my driver's license until driving out either. I just found my assigned stall on the board and went straight to the car.

The agent on the phone said since it will be my first time renting with them I would have to go to the counter. Anyone recently rent for the first time with Hertz and can offer insight? I don't want to burn time at the counter then be told I could have just gone to the garage and don't want to go to the garage only to have to turn around and go back. (We are flying in late the night before and staying at the mco hyatt and renting the car in the morning).
That is the stated policy. YMMV according to those, newly gold, who say they didn’t need to stop to verify themselves the first time.

I’m very confused on where to pick up the car. Are there two locations? The email says

• For customers arriving to Terminal 'C', please proceed to Terminal B to pick up your rental.
  • If you are not arriving by air, or did not add flight information to your reservation, please proceed to Terminal A for your Hertz rental.

So there’s a hertz location in terminal B and A?

Yes, both Terminal A and Terminal B have pick up for Hertz. I recommend putting your flight info into the reservation so you don't have to schlep your stuff any farther than necessary.

Hertz has locations at A,B and C. I think they may not have updated their information yet but they've had cars at C for a couple months now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter