• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Here Now!

Great resort, Sue! Thanks for sharing.

May I ask how you reserved Walgreens? I can't see any availability in the coming days?

I’m not Sue but I’m also here and I can tell you that Walgreens Covid test availability « recharges » around 10-10:30pm for the following 3rd day. We were able to book appointments for tomorrow morning on Tuesday night.

Thank you for this advice. Americans keep writing to turn off wifi and use data, but was wondering how we Canadians should handle this.

I never even bother with their Wifi. I've always just used my data plan down there. It turns on automatically as soon as I cross the border. Roam like home or something like that.

I’m not Sue but I’m also here and I can tell you that Walgreens Covid test availability « recharges » around 10-10:30pm for the following 3rd day. We were able to book appointments for tomorrow morning on Tuesday night.

That's SUPER helpful...thanks!!

Question about you needing to stop at guest services - were these to verify your passport for the Canadian ticket offer?

We purchased tickets from Disney - but there was not a Canadian offer.

Great resort, Sue! Thanks for sharing.

May I ask how you reserved Walgreens? I can't see any availability in the coming days?
I went online 3 days before to reserve time slot. We got noon, and 12:15. When we got there we were only ones in drive thru. Got there 15min early. And we’re done before our appt time!
went to the 12100 S. Apopka Vineland Rd Walgreens. Super close to Disney.
Our appt time was 12:00 and had our results by 12:40!
Give hotel address when filling out form. They ask the dates of your vaccinations. And what you had. I just put Moderna. Our 2nd vaccine was Pfizer but they didn’t ask! When I got there for appt we just showed our Canadian ID. They don’t care.

lol, I stayed up till midnight 😵‍💫
I never even bother with their Wifi. I've always just used my data plan down there. It turns on automatically as soon as I cross the border. Roam like home or something like that.
I used to use my Roam like home BUT they just raised price to $10/day ☹️ Times that for a 14 day trip ugh. So unless I needed cellular I kept it on airplane mode and used WDW wifi. I think I used cellular 4 days. Will have it on Saturday travel day.
Question about you needing to stop at guest services - were these to verify your passport for the Canadian ticket offer?

We purchased tickets from Disney - but there was not a Canadian offer.
we had Canadian tickets so had to show ID and activate them. We just used our drivers licence. I’m not bringing Passport into the parks.

So today was the big test day! I’m lucky I have a friend who lives in Orlando and could drive us. I was surprised how easy it all went. Worked myself up for nothing.
But don’t know what I’ll do for Oct trip! Orlando friend may be tied up and not be able to take me.

Went the Delux Burger in Disney Springs. So good. Came back to room to patch.

Tomorrow is our last day. MK.

So I’m having hard time determining if it’s actually 72 hrs before flight time or 3 days, apparently there is a difference. If my flight is at 2:20pm on Saturday then I should do my test on or after Wednesday 2:20pm correct?

So I’m having hard time determining if it’s actually 72 hrs before flight time or 3 days, apparently there is a difference. If my flight is at 2:20pm on Saturday then I should do my test on or after Wednesday 2:20pm correct?

It is 3 days when you are going into the US. It is 72 hours when you are going into Canada.

It is 3 days when you are going into the US. It is 72 hours when you are going into Canada.
Sorry to hijack this...
I am so confused on the 3 days requirement to the US. On the CDC website it gives an example,if your flight is on Friday, you can test any time on the prior Tuesday or after.
That to me is 4 days isn’t it? Well including day of flight, they don’t seem to count that day.
So our flight is Tuesday afternoon Aug 17. Can we then test anytime on Saturday Aug 14 or after? Am I understanding this correctly?

Sorry to hijack this...
I am so confused on the 3 days requirement to the US. On the CDC website it gives an example,if your flight is on Friday, you can test any time on the prior Tuesday or after.
That to me is 4 days isn’t it? Well including day of flight, they don’t seem to count that day.
So our flight is Tuesday afternoon Aug 17. Can we then test anytime on Saturday Aug 14 or after? Am I understanding this correctly?
Yes you’d test on the 14th. You just count back 3 days from your departure day. If you leave on the 17th then 3 days prior is the 14th.
Coming home you count back 72 hours from you departure time. We’re flying home Sept 4th at 2:30 so we’re planning to test at 3:00 on Sept 1st.

Yes you’d test on the 14th. You just count back 3 days from your departure day. If you leave on the 17th then 3 days prior is the 14th.
Coming home you count back 72 hours from you departure time. We’re flying home Sept 4th at 2:30 so we’re planning to test at 3:00 on Sept 1st.
Thank you! It’s just so confusing!
I did a 72 hr calculator online and it started like 5 pm on the 14th. I know US uses 3 days but it’s Shoppers drug mart (Ontario) that is confusing me.
They keep saying to me that they think testing at 1 pm on the Saturday 14th is too early if our flight is 5pm Tuesday 17th... I keep saying it’s 3 days, not 72 hrs lol but truth be told I was confused too. One time I was told the rapid antigen tests are only valid for 48hrs... they just don’t seem to know.
I could test Sunday but it interferes with a bday party we have, and the times Shoppers has available.

I used to use my Roam like home BUT they just raised price to $10/day ☹ Times that for a 14 day trip ugh. So unless I needed cellular I kept it on airplane mode and used WDW wifi. I think I used cellular 4 days. Will have it on Saturday travel day.

I just double checked out of curiosity. I'm with Koodo, and they are now charging $9/day for this service. Still not a bargain lol, but the wifi at WDW was kind of useless to me.

I did a 72 hr calculator online and it started like 5 pm on the 14th. I know US uses 3 days but it’s Shoppers drug mart (Ontario) that is confusing me.
They keep saying to me that they think testing at 1 pm on the Saturday 14th is too early if our flight is 5pm Tuesday 17th... I keep saying it’s 3 days, not 72 hrs lol but truth be told I was confused too. One time I was told the rapid antigen tests are only valid for 48hrs... they just don’t seem to know.
I could test Sunday but it interferes with a bday party we have, and the times Shoppers has available.
It is confusing!! We’re doing rapid tests as well before departure but are just testing the day before we leave so that one was easy for us to figure. Coming home from California I had to remember it’s only 72 hours so we have to wait for the afternoon to test since our flight is in the afternoon. Our afternoon break from the parks that day will be going to get our tests done!

It is confusing!! We’re doing rapid tests as well before departure but are just testing the day before we leave so that one was easy for us to figure. Coming home from California I had to remember it’s only 72 hours so we have to wait for the afternoon to test since our flight is in the afternoon. Our afternoon break from the parks that day will be going to get our tests done!
We did ours 48 hrs ahead
I just double checked out of curiosity. I'm with Koodo, and they are now charging $9/day for this service. Still not a bargain lol, but the wifi at WDW was kind of useless to me.

Aside from getting Rise of the Resistance where I had to turn off wifi and use my cellular I did ok with the wdw wifi. It’s not ideal but better than a$140 roaming bill 💵 plus tax

I did the antigen test for US the day of travel at the airport.
I think this is where people are getting confused. It’s no sooner than 3 days or 72 hrs. But can be anytime after that. Doesn’t have to be exactly at 72 hrs. For instance we did our test to the US just before our flight at the airport. And coming home we went to Walgreens 2 days before returning home.

So here we sit at SeaTac waiting for our connecting flight.
Our last day was MK. I’ve done something to my lower back and pain going down thigh. Ugh. So rented a scooter for our last day. Got to park at 8:00 for a 9:00 opening and it was already open!
Mine Train was already 60 min posted but think we waited 45 min. Got to do everything we wanted Mine train, Big Thunder, Splash, Haunted Mansion, Space Mt, Under The Sea, Buzz.
Ate at Columbia Harbour House. Had the salmon. It was good but prior version was TS worthy. Miso Glazed with quinoa and veg. This is a plainer version. Original was a little too exotic for people I guess. So now we have the dumbed down version. Too bad.
Had dinner at CBRs new TS, Sebastian's and it was delicious. It was our last night and wanted to stay at the resort to do last minute packing and get an early night. DME pickup was at 5:15.
Long day travelling today. And I lost Nexus card I think it fell out of wallet at MCO :scared:

So here we sit at SeaTac waiting for our connecting flight.
Our last day was MK. I’ve done something to my lower back and pain going down thigh. Ugh. So rented a scooter for our last day. Got to park at 8:00 for a 9:00 opening and it was already open!
Mine Train was already 60 min posted but think we waited 45 min. Got to do everything we wanted Mine train, Big Thunder, Splash, Haunted Mansion, Space Mt, Under The Sea, Buzz.
Ate at Columbia Harbour House. Had the salmon. It was good but prior version was TS worthy. Miso Glazed with quinoa and veg. This is a plainer version. Original was a little too exotic for people I guess. So now we have the dumbed down version. Too bad.
Had dinner at CBRs new TS, Sebastian's and it was delicious. It was our last night and wanted to stay at the resort to do last minute packing and get an early night. DME pickup was at 5:15.
Long day travelling today. And I lost Nexus card I think it fell out of wallet at MCO :scared:
Safe journey home! Thank you for all the updates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter