Here now. Whats going on magic kingdom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not understand why someone always has to make a snide remark. :confused3 Wow!
I thought wisblue had a good point :confused3. I think it's OK if someone passes on information from Twitter but they should identify it as such. Twitter can be a really great real-time resource, or it can be a source of rumors and lies. Apparently Mad Hattered thought she made it clear her info was from Twitter but neither I nor wisblue thought so. No big deal. Now we know.

Does anyone know for sure what happened or do we assume it was some kind of bomb threat?

I thought wisblue had a good point :confused3. I think it's OK if someone passes on information from Twitter but they should identify it as such. Twitter can be a really great real-time resource, or it can be a source of rumors and lies. Apparently Mad Hattered thought she made it clear her info was from Twitter but neither I nor wisblue thought so. No big deal. Now we know. Does anyone know for sure what happened or do we assume it was some kind of bomb threat?

Inside The Magic have posted on their Facebook page it was a 'suspicious bag left in tomorrowland'.

Inside The Magic have posted on their Facebook page it was a 'suspicious bag left in tomorrowland'.

See how easy it is to cite a source of information? Personally, I like to consider the source to evaluate validity.

I'm wondering what constitutes a "suspicious bag." There has to be many people who accidentally leave bags behind, right? They must find many on any given day. I was just wondering what might turn a "regular" bag into a "suspicious" one. They can't follow this protocol for every bag left behind, right?

In general from what I have experienced in museums, airport of course, subways...if someone reports a bag they have to do a full protocol since they can't see inside the bag. Or maybe someone saw a person set it down and walk away, maybe the person was acting weird..who knows. It's good to know they overdo the safety for everyone!!! There is a video somewhere of a similar thing (not a big shutdown though) of a person leaving a bag at a CStside table, they clear the area, undercover police are there immediately, they bring dogs,etc. they move FAST!

I'm wondering what constitutes a "suspicious bag." There has to be many people who accidentally leave bags behind, right? They must find many on any given day. I was just wondering what might turn a "regular" bag into a "suspicious" one. They can't follow this protocol for every bag left behind, right?

I've been working in a high security environment since 1987. The protocol is generally anything unidentified that was left behind by someone or anything that people familiar with the area know should not be there. You should at least get everyone away from it until it is identified. Of course this leads to a lot of false alarms.

Sadly a textbook scenario is the Boston Marathon bombing, where the two scumbags put down a back pack in a crowd and walked away from it. If I had witnessed them do it my instinct would have been to yell "you forgot your bag" at them, and if they didn't come back to get it, try to get people to step away from it and alert a policeman. Unfortunately in America most people in a public gathering will just look at you like you're insane. In Israel, multiple people would probably react at once to a person leaving a bag unattended and everyone would listen and walk away from it.

Anybody remember the 1996 Atlanta Olympic bombing? The security guard Richard Jewell saved many people recognizing the unattended bag as a danger and getting most people away from it before it exploded. Of course, no good deed goes unpunished and he was temporarily a suspect in the case and all but convicted by the media before being exonerated.

According to the app Space Mountain has a temporary closure but everything else is running in tomorrowland. I was at Epcot tonight. Had FP+ set for Test Track. Ride broke down around 6pm. By 7:30 it was still down (a few cars went by here and there..very slowly though). Was given the option to use the FP+ for another ride (except Soarin..***). Yes, because I need a FP for Spaceship Earth or Figment. Ended up leaving, wonder if it got fixed later.

Yes it did get fixed later. Were about to go into the design studio when it broke down. We did get a FP that we used for our last ride for the night.

I thought wisblue had a good point :confused3. I think it's OK if someone passes on information from Twitter but they should identify it as such. Twitter can be a really great real-time resource, or it can be a source of rumors and lies. Apparently Mad Hattered thought she made it clear her info was from Twitter but neither I nor wisblue thought so. No big deal. Now we know.

Does anyone know for sure what happened or do we assume it was some kind of bomb threat?

Ok I know this is :offtopic: but....

Wait a minute....Mad Hattered is a woman?? :confused:

I've been working in a high security environment since 1987. The protocol is generally anything unidentified that was left behind by someone or anything that people familiar with the area know should not be there. You should at least get everyone away from it until it is identified. Of course this leads to a lot of false alarms.

Sadly a textbook scenario is the Boston Marathon bombing, where the two scumbags put down a back pack in a crowd and walked away from it. If I had witnessed them do it my instinct would have been to yell "you forgot your bag" at them, and if they didn't come back to get it, try to get people to step away from it and alert a policeman. Unfortunately in America most people in a public gathering will just look at you like you're insane. In Israel, multiple people would probably react at once to a person leaving a bag unattended and everyone would listen and walk away from it.

Anybody remember the 1996 Atlanta Olympic bombing? The security guard Richard Jewell saved many people recognizing the unattended bag as a danger and getting most people away from it before it exploded. Of course, no good deed goes unpunished and he was temporarily a suspect in the case and all but convicted by the media before being exonerated.

A perfect example of what happens in a crisis when people begin to speculate, not having any facts or first hand knowledge. Richard's mother attended church with my parents and his life was made a living hell, as for 90 days he was searched, interrogated, reported about, accused, suspected and even filed suit against by victims. Until, of course, he was vindicated. Poor Richard died in his forties. Awful situation. Okay, back to the current convo.

Carry on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter