Here now MK January 21

ekmom

Mouseketeer
First day of our trip. Been many times during Presidents Week but I think this is one of the busiest days I've experienced. 45-60 minutes for most things all day. Our previous January trip 2 years ago was so quiet!

First day of our trip. Been many times during Presidents Week but I think this is one of the busiest days I've experienced. 45-60 minutes for most things all day. Our previous January trip 2 years ago was so quiet!

yesterday was reasonably quiet and early in the week was outright dead.. I think the pro bowl visitors are starting to arrive.

One thing to keep in mind when it comes to low-crowd times. Disney levels the playing field a bit when there are fewer people in the parks by lowering staff levels and attraction capacity. So while there may be fewer people in the park, the wait times will mimic those of a more-crowded park.

I know the owner of my company, and his family are at Disney this weekend. They are in Orlando for an industry related conference. Not sure exactly how big it is but it's a significant organization to our business so I bet it's good sized. May be lots of them in the parks this weekend, before the conference starts on Monday

It's not just the ride capacity. It's hard to even walk. We are at the end of a 17-day trip, so we've been here 3 weekends in a row. We started on Saturday January 7. That was marathon weekend and crowded, but also rainy so I think that impacted crowds some. The following weekend was MLK, and I felt was very crowded. Today is crazy. We've been to 3 Parks today (AK, EP, MK). Each was progressively worse. I'm standing right now in a long line for the PeopleMover. 7DMT was at 170 minutes a couple hours ago. We have FP for Space Mountain right now but the line for that is 100+ out the door for FP.

We almost always come in January so I have past experiences to go on. The weekdays this trip have been pretty good, but the weekends have been, in my opinion, just crazy nuts crowded.

Last edited:
This is the line for Pirates right now....posted at 50 minutes. The line wraps all the way around to the front of the attraction.

Attachments

• IMG_8035.JPG
    IMG_8035.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 64
We were at Epcot and could barely move. Soarin and TT were always well over an hour wait. Thought about hopping to MK until I checked wait times on the ap. Hopefully we have better luck at DHS tomorrow.

We hopped to Epcot around 6:00. Things were much better over there. Pretty uncrowded for Illuminations.

Getting a little scared now....if it is busy now, how horrific will it be mid March when Spring Breakers get going. Oh well, crowds at Disney is still better than not being there..lol

I do not think people going to the pro bowl next Sunday would be going to Disney World today. Looks like it was 80 degrees today with rain forecasted for tomorrow probably motivated everyone to get to a park today. Seems like the weekdays were slow. Even this morning before noon wait times were low. If you get there for rope drop and use your fast passes wisely the crowds are manageable.

I'm hoping you're right Avasdad! We are heading to MK next Sunday! Fast pass selection last night for it was still pretty good so I'm hopeful it's not too busy!

I'm convinced it's locals coming out because of the insane weather. The weekdays have been very manageable, but the weekends and evenings: bam! There was a rope-drop-like line to get into Epcot at 4pm today!

It was packed today- but got a lot done early. We were able to do pan, splash, and btmr before 10, then had early fp for sdmt and space.

After noon though it was 30 minutes for anything, and it just felt really crowded. Was a good day for a couple hour swim and chill break- then back around 7.

We were also there Saturday - Epcot in morning, MK in afternoon, Disney Springs in the evening. We had planned to stay at MK until fireworks, but the crowds were heavy enough that we decided to leave. I was quite surprised by how crowded the parks were for a random Saturday (not a holiday or special occurrence weekend) in January. Especially MK - even TTA had a line!!! My DH kept remarking that the park felt as crowded as it did the one time we were there on a July 4th. I'm not sure anything at MK had less than 30 minute waits.

Happily, AK on Sunday was much less crowded. :-)

I think Josh's analysis was probably spot on.

A simple mantra for us all to repeat.... I t i s a l w a y s b u s y a t W a l t D i s n e y W o r l d ! I think if we have that mindset at all times, no one will be shattered or disappointed. :-)

A simple mantra for us all to repeat.... I t i s a l w a y s b u s y a t W a l t D i s n e y W o r l d ! I think if we have that mindset at all times, no one will be shattered or disappointed. :-)

truth! go in always expecting the worst crowd possible and you'll be much happier when it's just really really crowded... If you go in thinking it's uncrowded you'll just be disappointed all day and it really changes your mood.

we're gonna be there this coming up Saturday.....looks like the weather takes a dip into the 60's, which I'm assuming is cold for the locals. Anyone think the crowds will be down when the weather dips that low? That's not cold for us coming from Alaska lol

we're gonna be there this coming up Saturday.....looks like the weather takes a dip into the 60's, which I'm assuming is cold for the locals. Anyone think the crowds will be down when the weather dips that low? That's not cold for us coming from Alaska lol

mornings can tend to be much lower as a high of 60 (actually I heard it could be more like low 50s) will be near 30F so people will be slower at showing up.

Especially on the first day because nobody braught those clothes so they have to scatter to find them if it's really going ot be multiple days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter