We were at WDW two weeks ago. Finger scans were used at all 4 parks. No individual bag checks unless you were selected.

Be at the bus stop close to 90 mins before early entry starts. DHS rope drop is by far the least infuriating. Once they open the tapstyles you'll scan and walk as quickly as possible to Rise and get in line. So much better than all the other parks.
Epcot back entrance is by far the most organized and proper fair rope drop drop. Prob followed by animal kingdom then front of Epcot. Then I would say studios and finally the s&$t show of magic kingdom.

Epcot back entrance is by far the most organized and proper fair rope drop drop. Prob followed by animal kingdom then front of Epcot. Then I would say studios and finally the s&$t show of magic kingdom.
That's not our experience. Totally agree about the complete disaster of MK, but DHS is the only one that just lets you go get in line for your first ride as soon as you scan in. There's no jocking for space/spots etc. IG of Epcot is probably the next most pleasant, but unfortunately once the move you from the "lineish" they have right after you scan, they again just have a huge blobbed of ppl. waiting to make the walk to Remy and it's ppl. toying to get in front of others they were clearly behind coming into the park, but since there's no line it's just whoevers the most aggressive. I much prefer just walking to the line and whatever spot I get it's due to my walking speed.

Last here in October, 2022. Also @ DLR/DCA last fall. Bags were searched both places then.
CA still hand searches bags. All WDW parks have had walk through for a few years now with people being flagged for bag inspection depending on what the walk through said. They were recently experimenting with X-ray bag check at EP.

The fingerprint stuff can be turned off when it’s being problematic. Do keep us updated if you notice the fingerprints not being used at other parks on other days if you’re doing more than just today!

You must have been chosen for secondary screening. These were installed during 2020 shutdown of AK and then the rest in 2021

Also, finger scanners are in use again at all parks. Have been for a couple of years also after a break for a bit post-Covid.
Maybe so, but we've been to WDW & DLR/DCA a combined total of eight times since 2019 prior to this trip, and Mrs. wabbott swears this is the first time her backpack hasn't been searched.

This morning at MK, they skipped the finger scan for me, but not her. No backpack search for her, either.

CA still hand searches bags. All WDW parks have had walk through for a few years now with people being flagged for bag inspection depending on what the walk through said. They were recently experimenting with X-ray bag check at EP.

The fingerprint stuff can be turned off when it’s being problematic. Do keep us updated if you notice the fingerprints not being used at other parks on other days if you’re doing more than just today!
We will be here thru Saturday, and will be sure to take note.

I am still pondering whether to take my phone charger into the parks for next trip, knowing it will set off the scanner. But that still sounds better than sitting around next to a power outlet for who knows how long.

I am still pondering whether to take my phone charger into the parks for next trip, knowing it will set off the scanner. But that still sounds better than sitting around next to a power outlet for who knows how long.
All you need to do is hold your phone charger out in front of you. Remember to extend your arms fully and you will not set the sensors off.

When we were there a couple weeks ago one time we didn’t have to scan our finger. Every other time we did (and we were in atleast two parks a day for six days). i know why they do it but i really wish they’d do away with it and come up with a better system. I feel it really slows down the entry process. Especially when you pick a line that it seems like everyone in front of you has issues (I’m looking at you epcot rope drop from IG morning haha).

When we were there a couple weeks ago one time we didn’t have to scan our finger. Every other time we did (and we were in atleast two parks a day for six days). i know why they do it but i really wish they’d do away with it and come up with a better system. I feel it really slows down the entry process. Especially when you pick a line that it seems like everyone in front of you has issues (I’m looking at you epcot rope drop from IG morning haha).
They are using the facial biometric thing at Universal Orlando now. Maybe that will be adopted at Disney sooner or later.

They are using the facial biometric thing at Universal Orlando now. Maybe that will be adopted at Disney sooner or later.
They were using this on a voluntary basis at Magic Kingdom in 2021. I'm guessing the program ended since there were few takers.

As others have said, you can just hold it out in front of you while going through the scanners and you'll be fine. Or just try keeping it in your pocket/bag one time when you're not in a rush (not at rope drop) and see what happens. When we were there in 2022, my daughter and I each had Anker chargers in our pocket or bag every time we went to a park (we entered a park at least 16 times over 8 days) and never had an issue.

We will be here thru Saturday, and will be sure to take note.
Late yesterday after our O'Hana dinner, we popped back into the MK to catch a few rides, as the crowd level was fairly low. The magic band scanner refused to pick up the code, as did the finger scan. A CM with a pad had to reset my code but not Mrs. wabbott's.

This morning at AK, both band and finger scans, but no bag check.

Late yesterday after our O'Hana dinner, we popped back into the MK to catch a few rides, as the crowd level was fairly low. The magic band scanner refused to pick up the code, as did the finger scan. A CM with a pad had to reset my code but not Mrs. wabbott's.

This morning at AK, both band and finger scans, but no bag check.
To clarify, by 'no bag check' I'm guessing you mean you walked through the scanners but were not pulled aside for secondary check, correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter