For those that have park hopped, how was transportation from park to park? From reading people's strategies, I've confirmed my plan to get up early, RD, return to POP for break and head to another park late afternoon. But just in case something changes, I wanted to know how did you find transportation from one park to another?
Just watched an allears vlog where they compared types of transportation between the parks. Between HS and EP, walking turned out to be the fastest (about 15 minutes). Boats were next (18 minutes), followed by buses (30 minutes). Skyliner was the worst time both at RD and throughout the day - 45-60 minutes between EP and HS due to the long waits at Caribbean Beach.

Just watched an allears vlog where they compared types of transportation between the parks. Between HS and EP, walking turned out to be the fastest (about 15 minutes). Boats were next (18 minutes), followed by buses (30 minutes). Skyliner was the worst time both at RD and throughout the day - 45-60 minutes between EP and HS due to the long waits at Caribbean Beach.
The skyliner part surprises me. We often hopped midday between DHS and Epcot and never experienced anything close to 45-60 minutes. And that was over spring break.

The skyliner part surprises me. We often hopped midday between DHS and Epcot and never experienced anything close to 45-60 minutes. And that was over spring break.
I was surprised by that, too. It was filmed this past week. They showed the lines at Caribbean Beach and they were enormous.

Thank you for this. How do you find where the line starts? Some of the “starting points” for the line seem so far from the attraction. I’m afraid I’ll be even further behind because I’ll be walking in circles looking for where the line starts.
If you approach the line from the direction you will be walking once you are in the line (except for rope drop) you will come upon the end of the line before the actual ride entrance. For example, I would approach Expedition Everest from Dino Land since I have usually seen the line start around the Nemo theater rather than coming from the Yak and Yeti area. For those of us for whom walking is a bit difficult (I use a rollator in the parks) saving these extra steps can make a difference. I appreciate those detailed maps.

For people there now: Are the splash pads at Epcot turned on? (The little areas where the kids play)? I’m guessing Disney won’t have them on but wondering because we saw them running at universal and I need to know if I should bring “backup clothes” for the kid on Epcot day (we can’t resist a fountain haha).

I also watched that video. They did it at rope drop and then again later in the day around 10:30. Skylines line was pretty much the same both times.
Please take into consideration the 10:30 is still prime time for those going to Epcot for 11AM opening. The majority of guests are not aware that the parks open 45 mins before scheduled opening.

For people there now: Are the splash pads at Epcot turned on? (The little areas where the kids play)? I’m guessing Disney won’t have them on but wondering because we saw them running at universal and I need to know if I should bring “backup clothes” for the kid on Epcot day (we can’t resist a fountain haha).
I was there from 4/21-4/29 ..the splash pads were not on.

I would take the bus. The parking lots have been opening later and it seems people arriving by Disney transportation get in earlier. Also I like to have a few drinks at Epcot, so don’t like to drive 😉
While true, you're probably only getting 2 buses per resort to the park before cars are let in, so if you're not among the first 20 groups or so lined up for the bus, car will most likely be faster. If you have people who need extra time getting ready in the morning, car would be best plan.

While true, you're probably only getting 2 buses per resort to the park before cars are let in, so if you're not among the first 20 groups or so lined up for the bus, car will most likely be faster. If you have people who need extra time getting ready in the morning, car would be best plan.
You'd be surprised how many buses of people leave each resort well before opening. I've left for a park around 7:30 for a 9am opening and not even been on the first bus, and they come pretty frequently in the morning. Usually when we got in the park the lots weren't even open yet. We thought about driving several times, but soon realized that it would never allow us to get as many rides in.

Here's a sample of morning lines I have seen during my trips since WDW reopened last July. The lines are physically long but tend to move quickly. Lines also tend to shrink in length in the afternoon.

Still, I suspect Disney plans to increase theme park capacity soon, so who knows what will happen to lines and wait times.

Slinky Dog Dash:
View attachment 572103

Flights of Passage:
View attachment 572104

Frozen Ever After:
View attachment 572105

Seven Dwarves Mine Train:
View attachment 572106
These are helpful. Pretty sure Frozen winds into China now rather than across the walkways into Germany. Maybe it changes based on the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter