Yikes! Keep posting current experiences please. DS and I are going in 2 weeks, and watching the current posted wait times is scaring me! We are FP people, we haven’t waited more than 20 minutes in years! Fortunately the kid I’m taking is a watch TV at the resort type, so that’ll be ok, but I’m gonna feel frustrated and like I blew a lot of $$ on a giant cluster. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Trying to keep positive, though!
you from one fastpass person to the next. It's just not going to be the same. Like you, we almost never waited more than 20 mins for anything....we just knew how to work the system.
1000000%

We are big on FP+ in my family and I am all about getting our 3 and then try to add on throughout the day. I can say for a fact - based on the 4 trips we have done over the last few months... It is not really a great time without FP+ if you are big on rides.

If you noticed in the trip report I posted - we rode ONE ride every day. I didn't want to fight the crowds and wait in line all day on our anniversary.... but seriously It's totally not worth it right now and it is just getting worse. It was bearable in November. Now it's just aggravating.

-End rant

Pics!159322989_10165137387830714_7790432882202460636_o.jpg

Attachments

• 159384467_10165137353185714_1215911564738814313_o.jpg
    159384467_10165137353185714_1215911564738814313_o.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 158943082_10165137398140714_4924269202336063009_o.jpg
    158943082_10165137398140714_4924269202336063009_o.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 158867001_10165137358250714_1784272457764200512_o.jpg
    158867001_10165137358250714_1784272457764200512_o.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 158848854_10165137358545714_6112385120950249564_o.jpg
    158848854_10165137358545714_6112385120950249564_o.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 159048327_10165137389380714_3648808497524221859_o.jpg
    159048327_10165137389380714_3648808497524221859_o.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 72
3/11 MK

We couldn't take the crowds anymore, so we came back for q break hoping they die down tonight.

This morning we arrived at Martinique bus stop at 725 and it was jam packed and growing- like there wasn't enough space and ppl were spilling out onto the parking lot (this was with 0 social distancing happening.) After about 10 mins. I asked a few ppl where they were heading (hoping to hear AK, but instead all were for MK. We decided to get out if there and hoofed it to Riviera. There was a line of ppl., but it looked better than what we had left. A bus pulled up at 750 and we luckily barely made it on. When we arrived at park; they weren't letting cars in yet, but walkers were going right through and they wete unloading buses. We were held to tap in for about 3 mins. - Go towards the monorails- lines were shorter. We we about 8th party back in line and quickly powerwalked to mine train where it was running and boarding woohoo. This was a lil before 820 when we made it there. Walked on and then tried for Ppan - not running, Splash - not running, Btm- tech problems said it'll b well after 9 before it opens. We decided to walk across to Space...waited about 10 mins, then walked onto buzz. We then waited about 25 mins for ppan and walked onto haunted mansion. It was 10am and while we had a good, although chaotic start at this point everything had a long line, so we got a waffle at Sleepy Hallow. My oldest went and rode cars with a 25ish min wait. We then rode Dumbo and Goofys roller-coaster with about a 20 min wait for each. This is when we decided we were for sure going bacl forva rest. We watched COProgress for the 2nd time this trip lol with about an 8 min wait. I had ordered food from Cosmic Rays and clicked here when on last scene of COP. The area was packed with ppl and it was hard to get through, but eventually got in and grabbed a table by Sonny. We then headed out, although popped into the Emporium with no wait.

We're hoping to at least get Splash, BTM, Pirates and Carpets done tonight aling with our Plaza reservation.

I'm here now until Friday and crowds are decent sized. We were here in in 2019 both about the same time (Feb/Mar) and the week leading up to, and including, Christmas Day. Christmas was far busier, especially at MK. The previous winter was about the same as it is now. HS being a bit more crowded it seems. Epcot hasn't seemed that bad, even with the festival starting. This is all weekdays, however, not weekend days.

I'm staying at the Riviera and found my mornings the best at avoiding the crowds.

Monday at MK, I got on the first bus around 7:45am. We arrived at MK about 8am for a 9am park open. We were very close to the front of the temp checks and they held people for a few minutes. Once they started, shortly after 8am, we moved through the security screening to the taps and waited. I was a few people back from the front. People starting quickly filling in the lines all across the front. We held for a few more minutes and they let the flood in.
I was probably in the first hundred or so let in and made it to 7DMT in a few minutes. Most people were headed there. I walked on to that. Made my way to Peter Pan and walked on there. Pooh was closed so I went to Haunted Mansion but it was closed as well with a short line waiting for the opening.
I moved towards Big Thunder but I couldn't hear it running so I diverted to Pirates and walked on to that. Went out from there and did Jungle Cruise after about 10 minutes of a wait. When I got off, it was over 30. I went to Aladdin and spent a few minutes in line for that (it's my wife's favorite).
After that, I went to Haunted Mansion and it was a near walk on as well. It was now getting towards 10am.
The line for Peter Pan was now snaking through the Columbia Harbor House and near an hour.
I headed towards Tomorrowland and happened upon Pooh just opening after being closed for a while. Was 2nd in line and got to ride that.
At that point, 11am or so, the park had become fairly busy. Everything was a minimum of 30 minutes and climbing for the 2nd tier rides and an hour or more for others. I had other plans for the afternoon, so I had lunch and left.

Today, for Hollywood Studios, I had much the same morning luck with transit from Riviera. Skyliner to CBR was quick and we were lining up to get the line to HS, which was holding briefly. I got in in about 10 minutes and was crossing the parking entrance road a few minutes before 8am. I could see them holding the cars at the booths as I rode over. I got down and saw the long line waiting for the left side temp checks. As I came down the ramp, they opened the right side tents and I was redirected there towards the front. We waited a few minutes and got sent in right away to the park. I made my way down to get on MMRR while most people heading to Toy Story. They told us it was down but we could wait. I opted for that as I hadn't ridden it yet and was willing to wait (not a roller coaster fanatic, so SDD wasn't a draw). I waited maybe 10 mins but I was first in line and got to experience the ride finally.
Made my way back out to Toy Story. Rode the other two rides as the SDD queue started to stretch out to Docking Bay and then ate breakfast at Woody's. Heading to MFSR and got in the line for that which was approaching 45 minutes by then but I finally got to pilot so it was worth it.
I had missed the BG for RotR at 7am and waited around for the 1pm but it glitched out and I didn't get one then either. Not sure if things were slow as BGs were only around 60 or so when that came up and they might not of been handing them out. Wasn't too concerned and went over to Star Tours which was about 30 minutes. At that point, I was done and crowds were heavier. I headed back to the hotel around 2:30pm. Gideon's cookies were calling and I need to get to Disney Springs.

I'll see how AK goes in the morning.
Hi! We are staying at the Riviera the first week of April nd plan on doing Rope Drops all week. What time did you get to Skyliner and bus stop? I know they start running 45-60 minutes before park opening, but what time did you need to be at the stations to get in line? I keep imagining walking up to the bus station and seeing huge lines and busses and skyliner not even running.

Also, anyone have thoughts on allowing toddlers to snack while we are waiting in line for the busses/skyliner? I'm not familiar with the resort and how those lines work. Toddler would be contained in the stroller, but will we be getting the stink eye if we let her eat her 2nd breakfast (dry cereal) while we wait for the bus/skyliner?

I am super anxious about getting to the parks before opening and an worried about long lines just to get on the bus vs sitting at the bus stop crazy early before transportation even begins.

Hi! We are staying at the Riviera the first week of April nd plan on doing Rope Drops all week. What time did you get to Skyliner and bus stop? I know they start running 45-60 minutes before park opening, but what time did you need to be at the stations to get in line? I keep imagining walking up to the bus station and seeing huge lines and busses and skyliner not even running.

Also, anyone have thoughts on allowing toddlers to snack while we are waiting in line for the busses/skyliner? I'm not familiar with the resort and how those lines work. Toddler would be contained in the stroller, but will we be getting the stink eye if we let her eat her 2nd breakfast (dry cereal) while we wait for the bus/skyliner?

I am super anxious about getting to the parks before opening and an worried about long lines just to get on the bus vs sitting at the bus stop crazy early before transportation even begins.
We're here now....we showed up to skyliner about an hour before the skyliner opened for each park...we weren't first in line, but within the first 6-8 parties. Most ppl were eating something during their time waiting. Multiple cms around and no one said anything. Technically you're stationery, socially distanced and outside so it really shouldn't be an issue, but I'm sure someone will be along to say how dare you. -Not in real life at actual parks, but on these boards. In real life most ppl will be.

For buses I'd show up at 715 for a 9am open or 630 for an 8am AK open to ensure getting on first bus.

Wanted to add that if it were me; I'd walk to the CBR station to wait for dhs skyliner - when we went this week; I never saw Riviera ppl., but did see Pop arrive. For Epcot going to Riviera station should put you ahead of the rest.

Last edited:

90 mins before park opening is the recommended time to arrive at transportation to arrive at parks for Rope Drop.

First Park Day: Thursday, March 11–Magic Kingdom (9am open)

I’m having a great day so far!
Woke up way earlier than planned thanks to happy, singing birds outside my room at Pop Century. Mobile ordered lunch at Cosmic Ray’s before I left for an 11-11:30 pick-up. I got to the bus stop at 7:24, and the line seemed long, but there were only 30-40 parties ahead of me. The first bus arrived at 7:36, and my bus arrived at 7:48. Got to MK at 8:06, through the temp screening at 8:08, and tapstiles at 8:12.

I ambled along through Liberty Square to see if Haunted Mansion was running (it wasn’t) then walked to 7DMT. The line looped around all the way to the entrance to Storybook Circus, and was posted at 30 minutes at 8:27. The line moved fast and I was on at 8:52. Walked back to HM and walked on at 9am. Stopped into Memento Mori and got a birthday button from the awesome CM Cory.

Next up was BTMR, which was down when I arrived, but opened up about 3 minutes later, so I walked on at 9:28. Since I was there, I got in the Splash line at 9:37, which was posted at 45 minutes. Got on the ride at 10:18, got well-splashed on the plunge, right in the face, then crossed the park to finish off the MK mountains. Space was posted 40 minutes at 10:47, but I was on at 11:12. Hit “I’m Here” on my lunch when I hit the Space gift shop, waited about 5 minutes once I got to Ray’s, ate inside.

Since I’ve got hoppers and 4 more park days left, I decided I’d had enough rides for the day and headed out. I wanted to go to Disney Springs for Gideon’s before the weekend/spring break crowds arrived this weekend, so I hopped the monorail to CR (because I wanted to ride the monorail, and it was just waiting up there for me). The DS bus arrived 2 minutes after I got to the bus stop, and I made it to the Gideon’s VQ check-in at 12:50 and began my estimated 2 hr wait. I spent a whole bunch on money on things I don’t really need (which is half the point of a Disney vacation, right?) and got the return text for Gideon’s 2hrs and 3m later. Waited in the physical queue for 23 minutes, but it was all in shade, so very comfortable. Bought 2 cookies for me and 2 cookies to take home to my grandparents and headed out. Approximately 10 million miles later, I made it to the Pop bus stop at Disney Springs (why must they punish the value resorts by putting their stops as far away as possible? 😭😭)

Back at the resort, I decided it was pool time and trekked over to the 80s for the Computer Pool because the Hippy Dippy seemed louder and busier than I was in the mood for. Half hour of swimming and reading in the shade and I went back to the room to rest up before I hop the Skyliner to Beach Club for my birthday dinner (complete with custom Maleficent cake) at Beaches & Cream.

Look at what a nice job Cory did on my birthday button! He even taped over it to make sure it didn’t smear.

I thought I read on here that (maybe during the holidays?) The castle was having little low level bursts of fireworks or pyrotechnics? Is that still a thing?

First Park Day: Thursday, March 11–Magic Kingdom (9am open)

I’m having a great day so far!
Woke up way earlier than planned thanks to happy, singing birds outside my room at Pop Century. Mobile ordered lunch at Cosmic Ray’s before I left for an 11-11:30 pick-up. I got to the bus stop at 7:24, and the line seemed long, but there were only 30-40 parties ahead of me. The first bus arrived at 7:36, and my bus arrived at 7:48. Got to MK at 8:06, through the temp screening at 8:08, and tapstiles at 8:12.

I ambled along through Liberty Square to see if Haunted Mansion was running (it wasn’t) then walked to 7DMT. The line looped around all the way to the entrance to Storybook Circus, and was posted at 30 minutes at 8:27. The line moved fast and I was on at 8:52. Walked back to HM and walked on at 9am. Stopped into Memento Mori and got a birthday button from the awesome CM Cory.

Next up was BTMR, which was down when I arrived, but opened up about 3 minutes later, so I walked on at 9:28. Since I was there, I got in the Splash line at 9:37, which was posted at 45 minutes. Got on the ride at 10:18, got well-splashed on the plunge, right in the face, then crossed the park to finish off the MK mountains. Space was posted 40 minutes at 10:47, but I was on at 11:12. Hit “I’m Here” on my lunch when I hit the Space gift shop, waited about 5 minutes once I got to Ray’s, ate inside.

Since I’ve got hoppers and 4 more park days left, I decided I’d had enough rides for the day and headed out. I wanted to go to Disney Springs for Gideon’s before the weekend/spring break crowds arrived this weekend, so I hopped the monorail to CR (because I wanted to ride the monorail, and it was just waiting up there for me). The DS bus arrived 2 minutes after I got to the bus stop, and I made it to the Gideon’s VQ check-in at 12:50 and began my estimated 2 hr wait. I spent a whole bunch on money on things I don’t really need (which is half the point of a Disney vacation, right?) and got the return text for Gideon’s 2hrs and 3m later. Waited in the physical queue for 23 minutes, but it was all in shade, so very comfortable. Bought 2 cookies for me and 2 cookies to take home to my grandparents and headed out. Approximately 10 million miles later, I made it to the Pop bus stop at Disney Springs (why must they punish the value resorts by putting their stops as far away as possible? 😭😭)

Back at the resort, I decided it was pool time and trekked over to the 80s for the Computer Pool because the Hippy Dippy seemed louder and busier than I was in the mood for. Half hour of swimming and reading in the shade and I went back to the room to rest up before I hop the Skyliner to Beach Club for my birthday dinner (complete with custom Maleficent cake) at Beaches & Cream.

Look at what a nice job Cory did on my birthday button! He even taped over it to make sure it didn’t smear.
View attachment 562057
Lol We stayed at Pop in Aug and took the bus back from Disney Springs and thought just my luck last bus stop in that loop.

I thought I read on here that (maybe during the holidays?) The castle was having little low level bursts of fireworks or pyrotechnics? Is that still a thing?
Not sure if it's still a thing, but yes during the holidays the castle would change projections every 15 min with a small burst of fireworks. People would crowd up in front of the castle, mostly not socially distanced, like they were expecting HEA to start randomly at any minute....It was quite annoying for anyone just trying to make it through the crowd.

I was looking at the wait times this evening before dinner and they didnt look as bad as the last few days. The longest was pirates and splash at 50min, 7dmt was 40 min and most others were 30-15 min. Looked much better than Tuesday! Can anyone confirm?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter