• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I ask what qualifies as a ridiculous wait time? Was it posted time, or just the length of the lines in either park? I'm honestly curious - we leave in about 2-/12 weeks for our first visit and there are so many conflicting reports.

We were there those same days and had a different experience. We did HS on Tuesday and the wait times were exaggerated. Slinky said 70 by took 35. Alien was a walk on, so was Rockin Rollercoaster. We got boarding group 25 For ROTR and with it shutting down awhile we got called at 1:50. Our longest wait was 100 minutes for MMRR. We visited MK on Wednesday and the heat was unbearable, but we hit fantasyland at 9:30 and everything said 10 minutes but we felt like we walked on to them all PP, IASW, Ariel, Pooh, tea cups, Dumbo, Goofy. Pirates said 25, but was faster we actually never stopped walking in the line until we got to load. We mobile ordered Pecos while in line for pirates and picked it up after, finding a table outside. Decided to ride Splash that said 40, but took 15. Space said 10 and we rode it three times in a row, again that 10 minute wait was strictly walking to the loading area. We stayed until 6 feeling like it was a good day. 124ADB50-4B35-42A7-9F39-E25A2ECB3A4C.png

What has been people’s experience using rider switch? I’ve used it at DL but never at WDW. I’ve been assuming it’s the same procedure at both parks, but now I’m wondering if they’ve changed anything where there aren’t FP lines to go through.

What has been people’s experience using rider switch? I’ve used it at DL but never at WDW. I’ve been assuming it’s the same procedure at both parks, but now I’m wondering if they’ve changed anything where there aren’t FP lines to go through.
It's the same and you use the fp lane for the second rider

The morning at Magic Kingdom was better for me than it was earlier in the week. I took the first bus from Old Key West today instead of driving, so I ended up getting there much earlier than if I would have drove. I double masked it on the bus, so hopefully that helped.

I was first to tap my magic band and the first to ride Seven Dwarf’s Mine Train. I was so far ahead of the pack that I was able to ride it by myself. Before park open I was also able to ride Peter Pan’s Flight and BTMR. I was able to ride and experience quite a bit before the crowds started to hit around 11 am. I got on the bus by 11:30. We’ll see what happens after my nap.

Can I ask where you were in the park when you were able to score a boarding group? Also did you start a MMRR or go straight to RNR? Thank you

I went MMRR, Tower, RnR. I got my boarding group while I was waiting in line for my second ride on RnR.

I used cellular data instead of in-park WiFi. Closed the app at 9:58, reopened at 9:59, clicked join at 10.

Last edited:
So this past weekend we had the chance to take some pictures after closing in SWGE at DHS and I will say it was incredible. Not only did we get some amazing shots, we also had a chance to witness something that is rarely seen flying over head...the goodyear blimp over Batuu was a sight to see. We also got to do Savi's Workshop on re-opening and that was very special too. My wife and I did it on opening day and my daughter and I did it on re-opening.

Some pics after closing...all are no filter, no adjustments...you can see how incredible the lighting is in Batuu at night
Those are amazing pictures! That blimp was a stroke of luck too, such a cool shot. I haven’t been out much except for work and some shopping since March, but those pictures make me realllly want to see Batuu. Thanks for posting those 😊

lynch34 said:
Are most people who get into DHS getting Rise groups if they do the proper steps at opening?

Is Disney allowing you to get one at 10 am and at 2 pm?

I don't think so. When we were there in July they were doing three times a day to try to get a boarding group. We had four people trying all three opportunities and did not get a boarding group. We had been before in January and successfully gotten a boarding group. It was very frustrating!

FYI, when we were there in early August, the groups were gone in THREE seconds at 10:00AM. Couldn't believe it, and was disappointed because that was our only day at DHS. Anyway, I decided to let it go and then tried again at 2:00PM. Got a group, but I noticed that all day the attraction didn't seem to be loading any groups. At around 4:00PM I walked up to one of the CMs that was standing in front of the entrance to the attraction and asked her what was up. She said that the previous evening's lightning storm had caused issues with the attractions systems and that no groups had been called that day so far, and that from what she could see there would be none for the rest of the day. She was right, and I suddenly felt better for not getting an early group, but I have to imagine that there were a LOT of annoyed SW fans there that day.

I have a question about restaurants right now. We have six kids and MIL so 9 total. Are groups of 9 from one party allowed to sit together? Or are we required to split due to social distancing?

I have a question about restaurants right now. We have six kids and MIL so 9 total. Are groups of 9 from one party allowed to sit together? Or are we required to split due to social distancing?
if the restaurant has a table big enough you can sit together, not sure if you can fit 9 in a square table like at Pecos Bill

Just got home from MK and it was crowded today...wait times were longer than before, and rides were not walk ons. The Peter Pan queue went from the side of Pan down to Harbor House and then back up to the regular queue and said 40 minutes, and someone told us they waited 30. We waited for our mobile order to be ready for 15 minutes, which doesn't sound long but it is much longer than previous days. I think the crowds felt like a "party night" size crowd. I wasn't happy with the amount of crowds today, it was much more congested, and there seemed to be lots of large groups/families.

Not sure this is the best place to post (and maybe it has already been reported). Posting here as there have been many concerns about dining options. I just received a call from San Angel Inn moving us from there for our Oct 7th dinner resv to La Hacienda. Not our favorite but not going to turn it down. He said San Angel will be closed Monday's - Wednesday's, but the shopping and ride would still be open. :sad:

Okay, so I've been keeping up with this thread but I still have some questions.

- We are staying offsite so we will be driving to the parks. Am I correct understanding that since we have to wait for the parking lot to open, we will not be able to get into the parks earlier than the scheduled opening time? If so, would using an Uber be better since they can bypass parking in the lot? If this would be better, what are your recommendations on getting to the park entrance from other than the parking lot?
- Also, we are planning to go the first part of November. Any opinions on that being a better time to go since Halloween will be over and Thanksgiving will still be 2 weeks out. I'm hoping the crowds will die down a bit and the lines not be outrageously long as they have been this month. I'm praying that everyone rescheduled for September and not November. :)

Thanks for your help. Tickets have not been purchased yet so we can go somewhere else if we decide to cancel this trip.

We stayed onsite but drove to MK and AK during our July trip. We waited at the parking lot booths and were usually let into the parking lot ~45 minutes before opening. We always made it into the park before official opening. There could be outliers where things don't open up as early, but I have only heard of a few of these.

We went to MK today. Got to the parking lot around 1 and in the park by 1:30. Splash had 60 min posted and we were on in 25 min. We had a blast! I have been worried seeing the wait times, but several wait times were less. SDMT was posted 40 min. We were off the ride in 38 min. If you wanted to ride the smaller kid rides you could have rode several in 30-40 min or less. As others have reported the lines were constantly moving. LTT was great. We really enjoyed our day. I am sure our HS day won't be as great but we are OK with that. Pic is when we got to MK and a cavalcade had just come through.

Attachments

• 20200924_133911.jpg
    20200924_133911.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 72
The morning at Magic Kingdom was better for me than it was earlier in the week. I took the first bus from Old Key West today instead of driving, so I ended up getting there much earlier than if I would have drove. I double masked it on the bus, so hopefully that helped.

Helv, what time are the first buses leaving OKW? Thanks.

I went MMRR, Tower, RnR. I got my boarding group while I was waiting in line for my second ride on RnR.

I used cellular data instead of in-park WiFi. Closed the app at 9:58, reopened at 9:59, clicked join at 10.
May I ask why you closed and reopened the app?

Just a couple comments. Disney 100% has mask relaxation areas. The ones we saw were usually pretty empty. (We did not use, only time we took masks off was eating /drinking)

When I was there last week, Epcot parking opened at 10:30 (we were front of the line, so it stands out). The other parks generally ~45 mins prior to open. We were less than 10 min drive away and headed to the parks generally at the 60-70 mins before park opening mark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter