I'm not getting a magic band & I don't want to use my phone to get into the parks. Is there a way to get a key card like Disney used to give out?

Sounds like a wonderful day so far. Was glad to hear your assessment of RoR. We felt the same way and didn’t try for a BG on our second DHS day. Maybe RoR will be better next time when I can hear the CM better and I’m not stressed about which dot to stand on (where is the silver dot? Is that a gray dot or a silver dot? Argh!).

True, the dot colors are not clearly distinguisgable.

One of my favorite memories at WDW is at Rise. I wasn’t standing tightly on the dot with my group. The CM started chastising me, to which I responded that I was a rebel from the Alliance. We had fun with the fact I didn’t even now which groups were in power now. ‘Cause I am old school.

We looked across the way to see a couple clinging to each other tightly - on their dot. I love it when others get into these things.

I'm not getting a magic band & I don't want to use my phone to get into the parks. Is there a way to get a key card like Disney used to give out?

Yes. I use the hard card. I got mine at Ticket Sales in Disney Spring when converting old paper tickets last year.

Very possible it could be done at Guest Services on the way into any park.

Someone on here should know with more confidence.

Last edited:
What is the current thought on Slinky vs MMRR at rope drop at DHS? I want to do both and am debating which to do first. I'll be walking from the Dolphin and will be there embarrassingly early. MFSR isn't on my "must do" list, so I'm not worried about that one.

4/2 Afternoon hop to Epcot.

It was SO crowded, but we did more than others who have posted.

Left Dolphin just before 2. Friendship boat was at the dock so saved feet and took that.

DD's friend from home was there, so we walked to Figment to meet her. Posted 25, maybe 10.

Nemo posted 10, walk on.

Spaceship Earth posted 25, maybe 15.

Girls left to walk around. DS and I got food at the F&G booth just outside TT exit. Avocado Toast, Shrimp & Grits, and Cinnamon Bites (stuffed donut holes basically). All delicious.

We headed to Mexico for 3 Cabs, but line to get in to pavilion was way too long. Thought about Frozen. 55 mins and wrapped into China, so we sat on a bench to rest legs.

Met up with DD and got Violet Lemonade and the Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy cavalcade came by. Girls went to Soarin, we did LwtL ( walk on). Soarin was posted 60, they waited 35.

DS and I checked Mexico again, still too long. Decided to wait out the 65 at TT. A few minutes in to wait they dropped it to 55. DD joined us. We waited 50.

Headed to Mexico and line was finally short enough. About 10 minutes in and 5 for the ride. We had to the creepers from hell behind us - leading the charge was Grandma. Her 10 year old even grandkid even pointed out what they were doing and she shook her head and did it anyway. I asked a CM for help, he reminded her and she proceeded to yell at him. But he was awesome and she did end up hanging back after that.

Mobile ordered Regal Eagle. Sat outside freezing to eat it (it was real feel 48 or something and windy). Then left and walked back. I really wanted a La Vie en Rose from France F&G, but it was just too cold at that point. 😕

But, despite the crowds and creepers, we felt pretty successful for a 2:15-8 afternoon hop.

I thought I read somewhere that you can go to the hotel front desk upon check-in to receive the key card.
I'm sure you can. When we were there a cpl weeks ago; one person in our party didn't have a magicband so I asked at our resort about getting a card and the guy said well I can just give youna magicband...what color would you like? I'm sure they just have an excess that they're trying to get rid of, but made our lives easier.

What is the current thought on Slinky vs MMRR at rope drop at DHS? I want to do both and am debating which to do first. I'll be walking from the Dolphin and will be there embarrassingly early. MFSR isn't on my "must do" list, so I'm not worried about that one.
I would choose Slinky because the line for MMRR gets much shorter as the day goes on. Slinky wait stays long throughout the day. But rope dropping Slinky only works if you can get there by about 8 am. I was there two weeks ago and walked from the Speedway gas station, arriving right before Skyliner guests. Walked through the front gates at 8:13 and boarded SDD by 8:23. Then to MFSR for about a 20 min wait. We did MMRR after 5:30 and waited about 15-20 min. And of course, ended the night with one last SDD run right after park close.

Just curious as we have an upcoming trip next month. My daughter is 2 years old and loves Winnie the Pooh. I've seen pictures from when Disney first re-opened and around Christmas of Winnie outside the Imagination pavilion in Epcot. Is he still out at that location randomly throughout the day? I haven't been able to find out if he's in any of the calvacades currently operating either. We have a couple character breakfasts booked and I know she'll be able to see most of the princesses on a calvavade, but Winnie seems to be more elusive. Any tips would be appreciated!

We have had taxis take us to the contemporary for our early breakfasts at crystal palace. We’d walk from the contemporary to the MK. I think this avoids the parking lot issues? Last time we did that was about 5 years ago so maybe that’s changed.

Last edited:
Just curious as we have an upcoming trip next month. My daughter is 2 years old and loves Winnie the Pooh. I've seen pictures from when Disney first re-opened and around Christmas of Winnie outside the Imagination pavilion in Epcot. Is he still out at that location randomly throughout the day? I haven't been able to find out if he's in any of the calvacades currently operating either. We have a couple character breakfasts booked and I know she'll be able to see most of the princesses on a calvavade, but Winnie seems to be more elusive. Any tips would be appreciated!

He's my favorite, too! In November, those are the two places we were able to catch him. Watching this one.

We have had taxis take us to the contemporary for our early breakfasts at crustal palace. We’d walk from the contemporary to the MK. I think this avoids the parking lot issues? Last time we did that was about 5 years ago so maybe that’s changed.
This was happening quite a bit recently, but security was really cracking down on people using contemporary as a drop off point. Without an ADR at the restaurants there, they'd make The cars turn around and leave.

This was happening quite a bit recently, but security was really cracking down on people using contemporary as a drop off point. Without an ADR at the restaurants there, they'd make The cars turn around and leave.
That is such a bummer! But good to know...

We have had taxis take us to the contemporary for our early breakfasts at crustal palace. We’d walk from the contemporary to the MK. I think this avoids the parking lot issues? Last time we did that was about 5 years ago so maybe that’s changed.
There are reports of people being denied entrance unless they have TS at the contemporary. I’ve not heard of anyone try for drop off for a MK reservation, maybe some others can share. What time is the CP reservation?

There are no dining reservations before parks are open to guests so there is no need to be dropped anywhere other than the TTC. You may be dropped at the TTC and take either the monorail or ferry to MK for your CP breakfast.

There are no dining reservations before parks are open to guests so there is no need to be dropped anywhere other than the TTC. You may be dropped at the TTC and take either the monorail or ferry to MK for your CP breakfast.
Eek. So much has changed. We LOVED seeing the empty MK on our way to breakfast. It was April so it was still a little dark and all the twinkle lights were on, etc. It was magical.

Saw him in mid March! He makes a point, if you get up there, to acknowledge all the children with waves. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter