• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

white chocolate holiday pretzels anyone seen them on property I’m here now and can’t find them

Everyone has talked about Ubering to Boardwalk (bakery order) and walking to DHS for early entry - what about doing the same to enter the back gate for Epcot?

This will be one of the points in my wrap up. If you can, drive drive drive! It was worth $25 a day to have total control of my own destiny.

We are going to MK December 28 and 29, we are driving from Virginia so we will have a car. We want to be early in the morning for rope drop, with the parking trams not operational, do you think the standard parking will be enough to be close to TTC? I think $45 for the preferred parking is too much (especially when we are visiting Epcot and HDS the rest of the week), which is why I'm also considering the hotel's shuttle instead of driving.

Thanks.

Quick report from my trip Dec 5-10.
We had a pretty successful trip. Cooler temps were welcomed after our August trip. 🥵
Just DH, DS8 and I. We RD'd parks, and that first hour (including the earlier openings) was the must.
DHS on Tuesday didn't open MMRR as early as usual. Opened at 8:30. Slinky also didn't start running until 8:50, so we skipped it. We did TSMM, MF, and then the magic shots with the fighters and baby Yoda, then BG.
I went back Thursday by myself, and did Slinky 1st, walked straight on, did TSMM walk on, and then went to MMRR, posted 40, but made it to last divider row in 20, but then it broke down. Got a FP. Did ST, Frozen singalong at 9:30, and then MMRR was up so used my FP.
I did have BG 17, but it didn't start running until when I had to leave. (Got my push while waiting for boat back to YC)
But as you can see, YMMV daily. :)
Also, Tuesday they had us lined up back before the exit of the skyliner, so people coming off skyliner got a jump before us walkers.
Thursday they took us to temp tents prior to the skyliner people arriving. That had me one of the first 20 walking down towards MMRR. :)
Wed we did AK. Bus from YC. We went to the bus stop at 6:30, only ones there. :) Bus came about 5-10 minutes before 7. Walked straight in to AK, and to FOP. Stopped about 10 people in front of us at entrance, waited a minute, and then we walked right on, after short preshow. Did Safari, which didn't open until 7:55. Got the male lion roaring, his breath fogging in the cool air. :) EE, about 5 min wait, walk on at Dino.

If you don't mind pics with masks, and have a Disney Visa, I recommend the photo spot at Epcot. They had no one there, and our photographer gave us our own private photo shoot, lol. He took 18 pics in different fun poses. Here is the character magic shot:

We had a pretty successful trip. Cooler temps were welcomed after our August trip. 🥵
Just DH, DS8 and I. We RD'd parks, and that first hour (including the earlier openings) was the must.
DHS on Tuesday didn't open MMRR as early as usual. Opened at 8:30. Slinky also didn't start running until 8:50, so we skipped it. We did TSMM, MF, and then the magic shots with the fighters and baby Yoda, then BG.
I went back Thursday by myself, and did Slinky 1st, walked straight on, did TSMM walk on, and then went to MMRR, posted 40, but made it to last divider row in 20, but then it broke down. Got a FP. Did ST, Frozen singalong at 9:30, and then MMRR was up so used my FP.
I did have BG 17, but it didn't start running until when I had to leave. (Got my push while waiting for boat back to YC)
Also, Tuesday they had us lined up back before the exit of the skyliner, so people coming off skyliner got a jump before us walkers.
Thursday they took us to temp tents prior to the skyliner people arriving. That had me one of the first 20 walking down towards MMRR. :)
Wed we did AK. Bus from YC. We went to the bus stop at 6:30, only ones there. :) Bus came about 5-10 minutes before 7. Walked straight in to AK, and to FOP. Stopped about 10 people in front of us at entrance, waited a minute, and then we walked right on, after short preshow. Did Safari, which didn't open until 7:55. Got the male lion roaring, his breath fogging in the cool air. :) EE, about 5 min wait, walk on at Dino.

If you don't mind pics with masks, and have a Disney Visa, I recommend the photo spot at Epcot. They had no one there, and our photographer gave us our own private photo shoot, lol. He took 18 pics in different fun poses. Here is the character magic shot:
View attachment 543286
The photo is so cute! I can't believe I completely forgot to take advantage of this during our trip 🤦‍♀️.

I wont post all 18 pics, obviously, but here is just one of the fun poses.
543294jazz hands 2smaller.jpg

I was also surprised the magic shots for baby Yoda and the fighters were together, plus he took about 4 other pics.
If you have a memory maker, and masks are not an issue, they are doing a great job with pics.
We had some at MK as well, most of those were just poses in front of castle, with projections, or daytime . I didn't look for magic shots there.

We also ate at 2 TS meals a day. No issues at all.
Went to DS for lunch Wed, >>oh pp asked about getting to DS from park. We went from AK. We walked down a bus lane, and saw POP bus pull up so we jumped in the line. It worked out well bcuz the DS bus line was right next to the drop off at POP. Got in that line, bus arrived 2 minutes later.
We attempted WOD shopping prior to lunch, the checkout lines were wrapped around inside the store. Went back after we ate, and the line was half as long so I went for it. :)

Mask wearing, IMO, was close to 100%. Didn't see anyone,,, wait, saw 1 man walking and drinking at Epcot. That was it tho. :)

Anyway, the magic is still there, if you go in relaxed and just go with it as is. But, Mickey had me at "Hiya folks" many many years ago, so 🤷‍♀️ ...

We ate off property for breakfast this am and service was the old Disney-style AMAZING. To the degree that I had to ask if a former cast member was serving us, and of course, Yes, They were.

If you have a memory maker, and masks are not an issue, they are doing a great job with pics.
My feeling is that masks are one of the memorable aspects of 2020 trips, like it or not. So we’re going to make the most of it! Thanks for reminding me about the Disney Visa photo opportunity. It will be wonderful for our family trip!

My feeling is that masks are one of the memorable aspects of 2020 trips, like it or not. So we’re going to make the most of it! Thanks for reminding me about the Disney Visa photo opportunity. It will be wonderful for our family trip!

I love this perspective. We can either choose to get upset about the masks "ruining" our photos or we can see it as a way to document the incredibly strange times at WDW right now. Many years from now people will see their mask photos and go, "Oh man, do you remember when...?!"

This is how we chose to look at it. We still did every photo opportunity. I figured it's just part of the trip this year and shows how the trip went. Definitely one for the books! (Now that goes to say I don't think I will be framing any of these pictures - but then you never know...)

The photo is so cute! I can't believe I completely forgot to take advantage of this during our trip 🤦‍♀️.

I just realized the ones I took last Thrusday are not in my photopass. What is the email to contact them about the pics missing?

I just realized the ones I took last Thrusday are not in my photopass. What is the email to contact them about the pics missing?
I'm not sure, but it is a good question. I seem to have a missing mine train pic as well. Since my two kids would have been the only ones in the photo, I know it can't be a mask problem. The video itself is there, just not the pics.

View attachment 543286
Where is the Disney Visa photo op and now?

I'm not sure, but it is a good question. I seem to have a missing mine train pic as well. Since my two kids would have been the only ones in the photo, I know it can't be a mask problem. The video itself is there, just not the pics.
I've always just used the link to the form that's in the PhotoPass website - but I just looked for it, and it's sooo hard to find that here it is: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/photopass/contact-us/. I don't know whether you'll have to sign in first. And if you want to log in to your account first, do that and then scroll down to the bottom and click on "Need help with Disney PhotoPass Service? Please check out our frequently asked questions" then click on the question "What should I do if photos are missing?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter