Here now and loving every second

Bills22

Earning My Ears
We are not a family that gets to come here every year. This is "only" our 3rd trip since '07. This is the best one by far. Kids are older-21,19&14- but they are just as excited to be here as when they were younger. I had been a bit nervous before arriving because of the many complaints I hed read on these boards. I honestly don't understand where those are coming from. Must be people nitpicking. Yes, it is HOT. Although the crowd level is listed as an 8, it's not bad at all. FP+ is working like a charm. We arrived on Wed, our first park day was Thursday. We've been in all 4 parks and ridden our favorites - headliners-multiple times both FP and stand by. Our longest wait was last night at TT for 30 min. Not too shabby, in my opinion. Food has been excellent. Do yourselves a favor and eat at Via Napoli. Scrumptious:). CM's have been beyond nice. We got into a fun interaction with 2 cm's at Soarin and were given two fp's for another day! For those wondering, bathrooms are fine. With the thousands going in and out of them daily, I don't consider a few pieces of stry toilet paper to be "filthy". Well, we are about to leave for another incredible day!! Enjoy your Saturday, everyone .

Awesome to hear your family is having such a great time! We are a family that goes to WDW quite often....we love it so much. Yes, we've run into some issues along the way, but we tend to focus on the positives and work through the negatives, as with anything in life! Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

Thanks for sharing! We leave in 10 days and was feeling the same way about a lot of negative things I have been reading! So thank you for your post, puts my mind at ease! I guess your vacation is what you make of it! Have a great rest of your time there! :)

We are not a family that gets to come here every year. This is "only" our 3rd trip since '07. This is the best one by far. Kids are older-21,19&14- but they are just as excited to be here as when they were younger. I had been a bit nervous before arriving because of the many complaints I hed read on these boards. I honestly don't understand where those are coming from. Must be people nitpicking. Yes, it is HOT. Although the crowd level is listed as an 8, it's not bad at all. FP+ is working like a charm. We arrived on Wed, our first park day was Thursday. We've been in all 4 parks and ridden our favorites - headliners-multiple times both FP and stand by. Our longest wait was last night at TT for 30 min. Not too shabby, in my opinion. Food has been excellent. Do yourselves a favor and eat at Via Napoli. Scrumptious:). CM's have been beyond nice. We got into a fun interaction with 2 cm's at Soarin and were given two fp's for another day! For those wondering, bathrooms are fine. With the thousands going in and out of them daily, I don't consider a few pieces of stry toilet paper to be "filthy". Well, we are about to leave for another incredible day!! Enjoy your Saturday, everyone .

I am glad your family is having a wonderful time, but that is not fair to the people who do have legitimate complaints. We have had flawless, memory making trips and we have had nightmare, also memory making trips. WDW is not perfect although they do a fabulous job MOST of the time, which is why we go back over and over. But I would never discount someone's trip being less than stellar, it does happen. And many times it was not our attitude that made the trip less than magical, it was truly WDW's fault. It does happen.

We're here too, actually our last day :), but this may go down as the best trip on record for us.

FP+ has worked flawlessly and despite some busy parks, standby on the secondaries has been next to nothing. In fact, nearly everything outside of m&g's have been walk ons.

CM's are friendly and other than once at the FL bathroom, they've been very clean. We had one issue with a CM at a qs restaurant - took it up with concierge at our resort and they handled it to our satisfaction.

No complaints, sad to leave and can't wait to return! Glad to hear you're having a great time as well!

AWESOME!!! This is a great time to go, especially if you are going to the parks in the afternoon when most people are napping and cooling off.

SO GLAD YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT TIME!!!!

Always great to hear people having an awesome time! Makes me very excited for our trip in December.

OTOH I found your assertion that others who don't mirror your lovely time as "must be people nit-picking" to be the height of rude and dismissive.

Hope your trip continues to be a rousing success!

I like your attitude. I have been to Disney (WDW and DL) about 40 times and maybe I have been very lucky, but I have never had a bad experience. In fact, our family loves WDW so much that we are moving to Orlando in 2 years, all of us.

By the way, we have been in August, been there in rain and been there in record cold. We still had a great time.

I like your attitude. I have been to Disney (WDW and DL) about 40 times and maybe I have been very lucky, but I have never had a bad experience. In fact, our family loves WDW so much that we are moving to Orlando in 2 years, all of us.

By the way, we have been in August, been there in rain and been there in record cold. We still had a great time.

We too have been to both WDW and DL, and both in super rainy weather and record cold. THAT was not what made the trip a nightmare, although staying in a ground floor BLT room during record cold weather was not fun, the door to the outside was messed up and we froze overnight They could not move us until the next day or fix the door. Did we have fun after that despite having it be colder in FL than it was in PA...yes, but that was a legitimate complaint. Do not put guests in rooms that cant accommodate the weather, even if it is unusual weather. So yes if you have never had a problem on any of your trips you are very fortunate.

Your trip sounds awesome. I hope it continues to be fabulous. I wish I were there right now:sad:

I'm glad you're happy... or should I say "I'm happy you're glad"?

OTOH I found your assertion that others who don't mirror your lovely time as "must be people nit-picking" to be the height of rude and dismissive.
Hopefully the OP didn't mean to come across this way. I think it's sometimes hard to understand other people's problems when your own trip is going so well.

We left the parks Wednesday after a short three-day trip that was absolutely outstanding! It was our first trip off-site and FastPasses and ADR's booked at the 30 day mark, as we booked this portion of our trip last minute. We experienced no issues! Dined at CRT, Le Cel, Biergarten and HDDR (also had a BOG ressie that we cancelled.). FP+ worked great. Not much luck with booking late FP for headliners, but there was availability for other rides. Longest line was 60 mins for TT, which I don't mind doing once a day, but of course, others may feel differently. The parks were crowded, but we had quite a few awesome moments! I think everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and mine is that people often (not always) sabotage their own trips by creating completely unrealistic expectations.

Good to see people actually enjoying Disney World and not looking to rubbish it as much as they can.

Good to see people actually enjoying Disney World and not looking to rubbish it as much as they can.
I don't see many posters who "rubbish it as much as they can." But when they have a glitch, it's helpful to others if they share that, so they can (a) watch for it and (b) react successfully if it happens to them.

If you want to see more people enjoying their trips, visit the trip reports board -- lots of happy campers over there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter