• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Here now 10/21 - 10/All OMG CROWDED!!!

I wonder if some people postponed trips earlier in the month because of the hurricane.

I wonder if some people postponed trips earlier in the month because of the hurricane.

I'm sure some of it was but out of parking spaces on a weekend at only epcot is locals coming out. It was a perfect florida fall weather day to be out. Everyone in my neighborhood was doing something as well. Originally I was going to hit AK but had some home things to take care of and heard the crowd news in time to make other plans.

We are working on plans to go Sun Oct 15th - Friday Oct 20 in 2017 (our DD's birthday is that week). Is October always really crowded? Or, was it just crowded on Saturday?

What events, school breaks, international travel, special "days", runs, programs, etc happen in October that drive up the crowds; beyond F&W and MNSSHP? We were also thinking to try BCV instead of PBV this time, but perhaps we should reconsider that. So far our two trips this last year the crowds were very manageable.

I booked my trip for next October to run Sunday afternoon through Saturday morning-I was thinking that it would probably be best to travel over weekends and be in the parks during the week. Someone told me I should add a day so I get to be in the parks on a weekend day since it wont cost that much more-looking at those numbers and seeing the feedback here I will most definitely not be doing that.

We're just back. Last Sunday in MK was nice and we got a ton done. I would avoid Epcot Thursday-Sunday, especially on an idyllic weekend day like yesterday was shaping up to be.

We were also thinking to try BCV instead of PBV this time, but perhaps we should reconsider that.

Do you own at BCV? If not, it will be difficult to get a reservation there due to people booking for F&W.

could also be some of the re-scheduled people front the hurricane a few weeks ago.

Or it could be WDW mis-management again.....

Reported waits.....

180 Minutes ToT
170 SPM
110 RR
130 7DMT

It not just one park.........been like this all week..... Would love a capacity report to see if they are running everything full bore.

F&W usually only affects Epcot, which right now has the shortest waits.
Making excuses for WDW new management style is getting old.

Waiting 2-3 hours to ride a 4 minute ride is not a very good experience....the amount of people who will continue to pay for these waits will get smaller.....and smaller....after all.

It's because I'm here. Whenever I come, all the crowd estimates go out the window and the crowds are super-long. I tried to go to EPCOT this afternoon for Food and Wine festival and the parking lot was full, they were sending people over to Magic Kingdom to park. I'm just chilling back in my room, all crowded out. I'll watch the fireworks from my window and enjoy some room service pampering.
LOL!!! so glad you weren't there the week I was then! JK. We were there 10/8-10/15 and I thought the crowds were fine every day except for the Wednesday we went to magic kingdom. Non party day and the park crowds were horrible. But other then that it was all great.

We honeymooned in Disney 22 years ago in late October, and have gone back for anniversary trips maybe a dozen times. The last three years have been so outrageously crowded, we've given up on Columbus Day through Halloween. It's too bad, we loved taking our kids to the MNSSHP and the weather is usually perfect. Guess the word has gotten out... :(

I am hoping they learn from the crowds in October and beef up the staffing in November. It seems like them trying to be flexible in their staffing has caused a few rough periods in the past year where they have a mismatch. I get that they are trying to save money by being more data driven, but it doesn't seem to be working all that well.

The weather here is gorgeous right now, but crowds are heavy. We are taking a casual approach and just doing FPs and what we can catch that isn't too long. We were at Spaceship Earth at 11:00 this morning and it had a 80 minute wait.

We spent the afternoon at Typhoon Lagoon, and it seemed not too crowded. There were plenty of people there, but lines were not bad for any slides.

The weather here is gorgeous right now, but crowds are heavy. We are taking a casual approach and just doing FPs and what we can catch that isn't too long. We were at Spaceship Earth at 11:00 this morning and it had a 80 minute wait.

We spent the afternoon at Typhoon Lagoon, and it seemed not too crowded. There were plenty of people there, but lines were not bad for any slides.

80 minutes for Spaceship Earth! Whoa!

Now I feel silly for thinking early Oct was crowded

The past few weekends, I've worked 30-34 hours in 3 days (Fri/Sat/Sun). Generally, my role doesn't get a lot of overtime unless they desperately need us. It's been busy.

This thread is flipping me out! We were planning to go next year from Oct 20- 28... We are used to the First week of December crowds and were hoping for similar in October. YIKES!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter