~~~Here it is!~~~ Illuminations Dessert Party June 18th registration thread!

WebmasterPenny said:
Heh, not crazy yet - strangely calm in fact! I think it's because the folks at Disney are so calm about it all...every conversation I have I seem to get the impression that I see it as "It's only x amount of days left" and they see it as "It's still x amount of days" ;) I guess as they do this everyday and it's easy as pie for them to do.

I am just still sorting out the small details - once I sign off the final menu and sort out the business of how to handle the wristbands then we'll be good to go with the balance payment - not sure exactly when, but I'm certain that it'll be this week so look for an email soon :)

Incidently, if anyone is interested in joining us at the Dessert Party there is still room and I'm told I can add people (but not remove) up to a few days before the actual party date. For those who've sent me emails already expressing an interest the reason I've not contacted you about it is because we are so close that it wasn't worth collecting a deposit when the balance was due so quickly on it's heels...but I couldn't tell you the balance until it's been finalised, ick!

We also still need 4 people to join the very special private backstage tour on the Sunday for $99 per person. Yes it's expensive, but this is not a 'regular' tour so your only opportunity to take it is via a group like this. If I don't get the last 4 people committing to this then I'll knock the tour on the head by this weekend - as it is we are as always subject to availability of the slot still being available to us when we are ready.

Ok, I think that's it for now - hopefully talk again soon! :sunny:

Hi,

I am assuming you have my husband and I down for the tour. Any word from the mouse about the final price? We will be away for the upcoming Holiday weekend so I did not want to miss out on anything.

Thanks again for all of your work on this and I cannot wait to meet everyone in person.

looking for final payment....getting concernced because I want the check to reach Penny and she can deposit it before our trip...

Penny,

are you considering payment on actual date?

Penny,
I'm not sure if I still owe you more money or not. I added the special admission for Illuminations for my family of 4, so if you add that to the cost of the buffet and subtract that from the two checks I sent you earlier this year you can tell me if I need to send you any more.

Let me know if I need to send you an additional payment and also, we need instructions on how to get in to Epcot that evening for the event.

Thanks,
DJ

Ok, sorry it's taken so long to get back to you...my Disney rep was off sick last week which meant everything got pushed back as a result and I've just been waiting patiently to get the answers...but it's all systems go now :sunny:

First off, for the tours...unfortunately no one else contacted me expressing interest - we can't get the numbers and is therefore a no-go.

The price for the dessert party is confirmed at $32 per person. For anyone who sent me deposit money for the AKsafari dinner I can just use that towards it - and I will trust you all not to stiff me on the $2 pp owed ;) Just pay me on the night :)

For everyone else you have the choice to either mail me the balance or send it via paypal, whichever you prefer. Drop me an email if you wish to discuss your options with me further.

For the Illuminations only entry ticket it costs $12.50 + tax pp.

The planned menu for the Dessert Party is:-

Chocolate and Pistachio Cannoli

Fresh Fruit Tartlet,

Chocolate Éclairs,

White Chocolate Chip with Macadamia Nut Cookies,

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Fresh Popped Popcorn

Coffee, Hot chocolate, Hot Tea and Lemonade

There is also an additional surprise goodie too - you'll have to wait till you get there before you find out what though! :sunny:

Basically, I went for a few indulgent type goodies, with some simple cookies for those who don't have quite rich tastebuds and for the 'I don't really do sweet things' folks, something a little savory there to munch as well.

Wrist bands are being provided by Disney to ensure we have easy access and don't have to worry about gate-crashers, I'll distribute these to anyone I hook up beforehand with or arrange a meeting place on the actual night.

Last but not least - the area we have booked (French Island Lower Tier) has a maximum capacity of 200 people and we aren't even close to that...so if anyone's still interesting in joining us email me at projectx@wdwinfo.com with your party details then there's plenty of room for you :)

Weeeee, it's all coming together!

Oh Penny....yum!!! Can't wait to get there and feast!! Looks like we'll be passing up the desserts at Chef Mickey's. The check for our balance will be on it's way this week-end. Thanks so much for putting it all together. This is going to be one terrific night!! Can't wait to make some more DIS buddies, in person.

Penny - sorry to hear the tour got cancelled, but totally understand. We'll get you the check for our balance on the dessert party this weekend.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Hi Penny,

That sounds great. Thank you again for all of your work on this. We will be heading over after our 6:40pm dinner at LeCellier. I will PM you about how to handle the $$$ side of things. I cannot wait to meet everyone.

Just emailed you. I want in if I don't have to work that night. Will do my best to get off that night :)

Penny, DH PM'ed you and also tried to email you. We will be there June 2 til the 6. When is the illuminations party and is it still open for newbies. He just told me about some of the things you were doing the other night. Not sure when these events are, but he is interested in something you posted. Please PM us to let us know what is available and what the days are. He is really interested. Thanks

Diane

copper0426 said:
Penny, DH PM'ed you and also tried to email you. We will be there June 2 til the 6. When is the illuminations party and is it still open for newbies. He just told me about some of the things you were doing the other night. Not sure when these events are, but he is interested in something you posted. Please PM us to let us know what is available and what the days are. He is really interested. Thanks

Diane

Hi Copper0426,
I am not Penny but my husband and I will be attending Project X. The Illuminations party is on Saturday, June 18th.

Who else is doing the special Illuminations admission for $12.50 on that Saturday night? I am confused on where to go to get in. Does anyone know where we are suppose to meet?

We are staying at Boardwalk, so I would like to come in the International Gateway, but we can drive around to the entrance of Epcot if we have to (I am hoping we don't have to do that).

If you know what we are suppose to do to get in, please let me know.
Thanks!
DJ

minijeanie said:
westjones,

I'm with you.... does french tier mean we are by France?

I am assuming it is in France, but by the water area. From what it sounded like, those of us with the special admission, a CM is going to take us to the place we are suppose to go. I just don't know where to go to meet the CM.

DJ

Yes, there are 2 terraces by France - the one we'll be at is the lower terrace right by the water - very pretty!

It would be ideal if those of you doing the special admission can come in thru International Gateway - then you're pretty much right where you need to be for the Dessert Party!! :banana:

Tiffany said:
Hi Copper0426,
I am not Penny but my husband and I will be attending Project X. The Illuminations party is on Saturday, June 18th.

Thanks Tiffany, we will be gone by then.

Diane

I think my calendars got out of sync - is Illuminations Saturday the 18th or Sunday the 19th? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter