Her first time. Good/bad idea?

AlohaJim

Earning My Ears
I've been going to WDW all of my life. When my children were younger, we probably went a half a dozen years in a row. I was a pro and knew how to ensure a magical experience. Fast forward to now, I just got remarried and my wife has never been. She's watched the movies all her life and is a big Disney fan. I want her first experience to be magical, but I've been reading so many negative things lately about the magic being gone. If it was not her first experience, I wouldn't hesitate, and we would go as planned. Nothing will unDisney me, not even Bob Paycheck. Selfishly speaking, if she doesn't feel the magic, it might be difficult to get her to return.
Planning to go Labor Day week. Should I postpone until next year or so? Should we still go but spend fewer days in the parks and more time at our resorts (YC and POR)? Thanks.

I think to some degree, someone who has never been does not know what they missed from the better days. I think setting expectations that there may be crowds, waits, etc., and focus the planning on her personality then she can have a great time.

If she likes to relax, is a foodie, an adrenaline junky, adventurous drinker...I would base the park days, resort days, ADRs, Disney Springs time based on that. I would not postpone :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter