Help with reveal ideas for kids!

birthygirl

Mouseketeer
My ex-husband and I are taking our 3 children to Orlando in August. We want a fun way to reveal the trip, that we can both be involved in, but we have a fairly complicated situation.

I live in Chicago with the kids and he is in East Tennessee. They are going to his house for the summer (beginning of June) and will travel to Orlando from there. The current plan is to arrive close to the same time and meet at the airport in Orlando (me flying from Chicago). After the trip they will fly back to Chicago with me.

Our kids are 10, 8 and 7. The two older ones (our boys) have been once 4 years ago, but our youngest (daughter) has never been (and hasn't let us forget it! :-))

So, any suggestions you have on how and when to reveal are very welcomed!

One neat way for you both to do it -- is for your ex to have you on FaceTime or Skype you so that you can both reveal "You're going to DISNEY!" together... You are very correct that the situation is complicated but there are a lot of different ways you can choose to surprise your kids. If you are staying onsite and are receiving Magic Bands, have them open the Magic Bands box...."SURPISE, you're going to DISNEY!" Since they're older, your ex can go so far as to just say "pack your bags, we're going on a trip" and when they land in Orlando SUPRISE! There you are... and SURPRISE, you're at DISNEY! I think it's awesome that you and your ex can come together for your kids to give them such a magical vacation. They're very lucky to have you as parents!

Please let us know what you decide to do... With face time and Skype you and your ex
can really pull it off...

Since they're older, your ex can go so far as to just say "pack your bags, we're going on a trip" and when they land in Orlando SUPRISE! There you are... and SURPRISE, you're at DISNEY!

If you could pull this off I love this idea. Your ex could say they are just going to stay at a nice resort hotel and relax for a week in Florida. If your kids ask about going to Disney while there he could say something like "I wouldn't want to do that without mom" or "mom wants to do that with you" Then surprise you're at the airport too! It could be really cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter