• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HELP WITH RESORT CANCELLATION

DCrockett

Mouseketeer
I hope someone can answer my questions for me.
We have a res for Mar 19-26, if I cancel the fee is $200, if I re-book, this is what I'm not sure of.
Disney is waving the change fee of $50, so if the new package is more you pay the difference, (not sure
when that money would be due) and if it's less you receive a credit. What if you book a package
with less days?
These are not the actual numbers
Example: original pkg- 7 nights $7000
new pkg - 2 nights $2000
A credit if $5000 would be due, do they allow you to reduce the days when re-booking?
I'm just trying not to tie up money for months and who knows what things will look like 5-6 months from now.
Appreciate your responses
Thank you

You should be able to drop days. But I think it might be a credit on the room, not a refund to your card....OR it might be either. I feel like people have reported both instances.

If the new package cost more money, it would be due 30 days before the new check in date

Disney waived my cancellation fee of $200 this morning when I called. Not sure about changing to less days.

Did you have to ask them to waive the cancellation fee or they just offer it?
I asked them if they would waive it and they said that they would contact Guest Services. It was really no problem, they were very kind and told me they would be there when I was ready to travel to Disney World again.

Well that was nice of them to do that, I hope I will have the same fortune
Thanks for your input

I have a room only reservation for March 26 for 3 nights. How soon do I have to cancel if I decide to? I will not probably reschedule because I am a DVC member and just made this as a weekend trip to celebrate a special occasion. Will Disney charge for cancelling last minute for room only reservations?

I have a room only reservation for March 26 for 3 nights. How soon do I have to cancel if I decide to? I will not probably reschedule because I am a DVC member and just made this as a weekend trip to celebrate a special occasion. Will Disney charge for cancelling last minute for room only reservations?
The regular policy for cancelling a room only reservation is 5 days in advance of check in for a full refund. You are still within that window.

I believe it’s 5 days before to cancel a room only for full refund

I hope they let me cancel my villains after hours tickets. Or at least give me a credit for another party at another time when the coronavirus is over...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter