Help with AP rates

blessedby3

Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my userna
I am not familiar with Universal and AP rates and specials like I am with WDW.
I have an AP and wanted to book for the long weekend of Feb 11-14. Im not finding any AP rates for the top 3 resorts that offer EP. Only seasonal rate. I booked Portifino for 2/12-2/13 at a seasonal rate ($416). She told me that AP rates were not out for that time frame yet, but I feel like she must be wrong. Any chance I will be able to score an AP rate for that Sat night? Is there a better time to check for them?
We will be doing 3 different hotels (not because I want to, lol, but because I am too cheap to pay premium prices for 3 nights at a top tier resort).
We get in at 11:30 Friday night and I definitely don't want to spend premium prices on that first night.

Pretty sure AP rates came out late Oct thru 2/17/22. Only so many rooms are offered at the AP rate & the Premiers go quickly, especially on weekends, so they're probably all booked by now.

People DO cancel, so keep checking for that one night - hopefully you'll luck into a cancellation 🤞.

I am not familiar with Universal and AP rates and specials like I am with WDW.
I have an AP and wanted to book for the long weekend of Feb 11-14. Im not finding any AP rates for the top 3 resorts that offer EP. Only seasonal rate. I booked Portifino for 2/12-2/13 at a seasonal rate ($416). She told me that AP rates were not out for that time frame yet, but I feel like she must be wrong. Any chance I will be able to score an AP rate for that Sat night? Is there a better time to check for them?
We will be doing 3 different hotels (not because I want to, lol, but because I am too cheap to pay premium prices for 3 nights at a top tier resort).
We get in at 11:30 Friday night and I definitely don't want to spend premium prices on that first night.
Definitely check every day. What you want may open up. I see AP rates for RPR the 12-14th at $231.50 + tax/nt. You can use the link on the first page in the stickied APH thread above to easily check online.

Pretty sure AP rates came out late Oct thru 2/17/22. Only so many rooms are offered at the AP rate & the Premiers go quickly, especially on weekends, so they're probably all booked by now.

People DO cancel, so keep checking for that one night - hopefully you'll luck into a cancellation 🤞.

Ok, thanks. I will for sure keep checking. I
didn't think that lady was right when she told me that the rates weren't out.

Definitely check every day. What you want may open up. I see AP rates for RPR the 12-14th at $231.50 + tax/nt. You can use the link on the first page in the stickied APH thread above to easily check online.

Thank you SO MUCH! I booked the 2 nights at RPR for only $50 more than my one night at Portifino!! That is awesome!!

Glad you got it! There was probably a limited supply at that rate. Save you from changing resorts 2 times anyway...

Yes! I was dreading changing hotels all those times, so this worked out better!
Now my rental car is the only issue. We fly in at 11:38pm and I dont think the rental counter would be open, so our first night I will probably have to stay by the Sanford airport and uber over to the hotel, uber back in the am to the airport...get the rental and then head to Universal and Royal Pacific.
I appreciate your suggestion so much!

Yes! I was dreading changing hotels all those times, so this worked out better!
Now my rental car is the only issue. We fly in at 11:38pm and I dont think the rental counter would be open, so our first night I will probably have to stay by the Sanford airport and uber over to the hotel, uber back in the am to the airport...get the rental and then head to Universal and Royal Pacific.
I appreciate your suggestion so much!

If you're not planning on leaving USO, just uber over there with your luggage. It would save money on rental car fees & parking fees at USO. See if you can get an extra night at Royal Pacific with the AP rate.

If you're not planning on leaving USO, just uber over there with your luggage. It would save money on rental car fees & parking fees at USO. See if you can get an extra night at Royal Pacific with the AP rate.
I am planning on spending my days at Disney while my husband and daughter are in the Universal parks.

I am planning on spending my days at Disney while my husband and daughter are in the Universal parks.

Can you uber back and forth to Disney?
The daily Parking fee at the Universal Hotels added to the daily parking fee at Disney and the rental cost would be more than double the uber cost.

We love having our vehicle and I totally understand wanting to have the freedom to visit several places in Orlando. If you are renting for more than just Disney I understand.

Even having our vehicle with us we still uber to Disney when we stay at Universal. It’s not much more than the daily parking fee and much less stress.

Can you uber back and forth to Disney?
The daily Parking fee at the Universal Hotels added to the daily parking fee at Disney and the rental cost would be more than double the uber cost.

We love having our vehicle and I totally understand wanting to have the freedom to visit several places in Orlando. If you are renting for more than just Disney I understand.

Even having our vehicle with us we still uber to Disney when we stay at Universal. It’s not much more than the daily parking fee and much less stress.

I have never ubered before and would not feel comfortable being alone and doing that. I won’t have to pay to park at Disney because I have a dining reservation so I can park at the hotel with no cost. I just prefer having a vehicle available to us. We will also be going out to dinner and maybe some shopping.
We were stuck at WDW in 1/2019 without a vehicle and it was a nightmare. That is when the TSA agent jumped to his death at MCO. Our flight was cancelled, our luggage had already been taken to the airport by ME and we had no resort room either as we were checked out already. We had to scramble to find another 2 rooms to fit us all, had no personal belongings and couldn’t get a flight for 3 days. My husband ubered to get a car rental the next day and we drove home 15 hours with 2 sick kids. It made us say we never want to be without a vehicle for our use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter