Lunch at Satu'li Canteen
FoP FP+
Festival of the Lion King
Rafiki's planet watch
Discovery Island Trails
Dinner at Flame Tree
Rivers of Light
Tree of life Awakenings

Ok thanks, that sounds like a great plan! Do I really need to get to the park an hour early for NRJ? I was under impression that I could arrive at 8:30 for a 9:00 open and still walk on since the majority of people are heading to FOP. Also how early do I need to get to ROL for standby?

I just wrote this for another post, but it seems relevant here:

Assuming you are talking about a 9:00A open, and NOT an EMH day, I can offer some advice... You will not, in all likelyhood get a FoP FP at 30 days (but will probably be able to when you are there). Try to get FP like this: 9:00 Na'vi, 10:00 Safari, 11:00 KRR,

Be parked and heading to turnstiles at least 45 minutes before park opening...

Ropedrop FoP - learn how to do it effectively in advance. If you are up front - you will be finished with FoP before the park has been open 30 minutes (hopefully even faster). Immediately go to Na'vi with FP. Right after you scan your FPs for Na'vi, log in to the app while in line, and start trying to change your 10:00 Safari FP to 9:30 -9:40 start if you can - you will prob have to refresh the times available several if not more times - but heck - you are in line right? Ride Na'vi.

Head toward Africa (the back way - walking past the enormous line for FoP you didn't have to wait in). Ride Safari with your 9:30ish FP. As soon as you scan your safari FPs (and while in line), start tring to modify your KRR FP from 11:15 to ASAP (10:00?) Enjoy the safari. Then it's off to Asia for Kali - As soon as you scan in to KRR, you are free to make another FP - refresh the offerings repeatedly until you find a really good one with an early return time. I suggest you look for Dinosaur anticipating about 30-40 minutes at EE for single rider line on the way to Dino. Remember, as soon as you scan into dino, you can start looking for a 4th FP. Refresh the offerings frequently in order to get an early one you want in AK or any other park.... It might even be too early for Lunch still- but you did the full loop and you will be hungry - sit down to eat and look for the best FP you can get - if you refresh the apps offerings enough, you will find something good at a good time. You will easily be able to see all of AK in a day this way, and maybe even get a second (and third) ride on FoP (I think you will want that). Trails and shows can then be enjoyed at leisure too - generally you won't need a FP for these.

I Love Nemo AND FoLK. Animation will take an hour with the train ride, but it's a great experience and not to be missed for a 1st visit. Don't forget Tough to Be a Bug and Bird show if you can swing it - you should have PLENTY of time following this plan, but crossing this park is a hike each time.

Thanks for the tips though I already have my FP locked in. They are EE at 9:40, Safari at 10:40, and FOP at 1:05. KRR will be closed when we’re there. I do want to do Bug and Up but my kids not so much!

Ok thanks, that sounds like a great plan! Do I really need to get to the park an hour early for NRJ? I was under impression that I could arrive at 8:30 for a 9:00 open and still walk on since the majority of people are heading to FOP. Also how early do I need to get to ROL for standby?
I wouldn't push it past 8:15. There's a good chance that people will already be in the park by 8:30. That extra 30 minutes in the morning will save you an hour or two of waiting throughout the day

Thanks for the tips though I already have my FP locked in. They are EE at 9:40, Safari at 10:40, and FOP at 1:05. KRR will be closed when we’re there. I do want to do Bug and Up but my kids not so much!
You may well be able to change those FP times the night before or day of. Trying before that will likely be fruitless for the most part.

I’ll be the lone dissenter, but I love Tusker House! We did it several trips in a row. I thought the food was great, loved the characters in their safari outfits and loved the little parade they do around the restaurant with the kids. And I think the reserved seating for ROL is great too. We’veonly seen it with a dining package and walked in pretty much 10-15 before the show and there were a ton of prime seats available. Are you on the dining plan? I think it’s a great use of a credit if you are, it might be a little pricey if not. And I think the look of the characters at Tusker is different enough that it won’t feel too much like your other characters meals.

I’ll be the lone dissenter, but I love Tusker House! We did it several trips in a row. I thought the food was great, loved the characters in their safari outfits and loved the little parade they do around the restaurant with the kids. And I think the reserved seating for ROL is great too. We’veonly seen it with a dining package and walked in pretty much 10-15 before the show and there were a ton of prime seats available. Are you on the dining plan? I think it’s a great use of a credit if you are, it might be a little pricey if not. And I think the look of the characters at Tusker is different enough that it won’t feel too much like your other characters meals.
Thanks for your input. Nope, we're not on the dining plan so paying out of pocket. I do think the kids will really enjoy the TH lunch and that would be our only meet with Donald, Daisy, and Goofy. My main concern is fitting it all in especially with Rafiki taking up much of the afternoon - dropping TH allows us to fit in Lion King and gives us a lot more breathing room for the trails and we could even fit in a second show. I think I will keep the reservation and let the kids make the decision the day before, either Tusker House or Rafiki, but not both. Perhaps the weather forecast would be a factor as well.

This is my current reworked plan without the lunch reservation: https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3976354

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter