• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with a pirate plan

mrsincredible3

Mouseketeer
We will have two boys ages 9 and 4 and want to have a pirate plan for them one day! We will do pirates league for face paint (I will get some pirate clothing for them) and then plan to ride POC ride, do the jack sparrow show, play on Tom Sawyer island. What are some other pirate type things we can do? I know about the pirate adventure cruises from the hotels, but I won't send my four year old alone on that. The pirate and pals fireworks voyage is late for them but I think they'd love it, is that worth it? Any dining places that would be fun to eat at with their pirate gear on? Any other fun experiences I'm missing? Thanks!

I would say to see if there is a place you can take them to meet Peter Pan, I think that would be a very fun meet and greet.

I would say to see if there is a place you can take them to meet Peter Pan, I think that would be a very fun meet and greet.

Just let my 3yo see a video of the Pirates and pals and I think both kids would love this! I think Peter Pan meets at this even too at the very end?

1. Did Pirates & Pals with my 7yo this month. He loved it, especially unlimited gold dubloons. "I'm rich!"

2. Every meet & greet is more interesting when you're dressed up. The characters instantly have something to talk about.

3. There are 5 treasure maps that you can follow around Adventureland. Check out Treasures of the Seven Seas. It's free. It's activated by your magic band or a talisman that they give you. My 7yo LOVED it. We only did 2 maps, but he's looking forward to doing more next time.

Just let my 3yo see a video of the Pirates and pals and I think both kids would love this! I think Peter Pan meets at this even too at the very end?
Yes, Peter is waiting at the end of the cruise. I went back and forth about bringing our 3 year old since he's typically in bed by 7:30 at home, but he absolutely loved it, it was the highlight of our trip. We've been home a month and he's still talking about it.

As previous poster, highly recommend the pirate and pals cruise. Our 3yr old son thought it was great and dressed up as Peter Pan. Met Peter Pan at end of cruise.

3. There are 5 treasure maps that you can follow around Adventureland. Check out Treasures of the Seven Seas. It's free. It's activated by your magic band or a talisman that they give you. My 7yo LOVED it. We only did 2 maps, but he's looking forward to doing more next time.

I second this! My 5.5yo loved it this year and two years ago as well!

We are going in Feb for my son's 9th birthday and I think both my kids would love the Pirates and Pals. I just tried to book and there were no reservations available - have I missed out since I didn't do it at the 180 day mark or are those dates not posted until later on?

My kids loved the kids only pirate cruises you can do, I see you don't want to do that. But I just wanted to let you know that they loved it and felt very safe and taken care of during the time they were gone. I wouldn't have doubts about recommending it. We did the Pirate league make over, the pirate cruise and have stayed in a pirate room at CBR (not sure where your lodging is).

So years ago took DS down for the now extinct Pirates and Princess Party. We love themes, so decided it was a week of Pirate touches.

- I brought a big pirates banner that we hung in our room window. I bought a small pirate chest, small pirate characters, plastic coins and mardi gras beads. We decorated our hotel room window. If you don't have a window you could still decorate your room. I think I had a "centerpiece" on our table.
- We went to the party dressed as Smee - big hit, especially with Captain Hook and Smee.
- He had a few pirate tshirts and wore them to the parks other days, and we had some skull & cross bones socks.
- I made some necklaces, leather cord with small skulls and beads strung on them.
- Had pirate drawstring backpack for goodies in.

Nothing was overly expensive and it was fun to keep the theme up all week with the one day of the party being uber-pirate day.

There are 5 treasure maps that you can follow around Adventureland. Check out Treasures of the Seven Seas. It's free. It's activated by your magic band or a talisman that they give you. My 7yo LOVED it. We only did 2 maps, but he's looking forward to doing more next time.

This is fun and free. There are a few maps you can do.

Pirates and Pals is a GREAT experience, especially for the Pirate Lovers! They'll meet other pirates...famous Disney pirates...and not-so-famous Disney pirates. Lots of good treats and a fun boat tour to see the MK fireworks from the 7Seas Lagoon! Corny Pirate jokes too!! It was great fun for us 2 years ago. If they can manage the late hour, I would H"arrrr"tily recommend it! pirate:pirate:pirate:pirate:pirate:pirate:

We are going in Feb for my son's 9th birthday and I think both my kids would love the Pirates and Pals. I just tried to book and there were no reservations available - have I missed out since I didn't do it at the 180 day mark or are those dates not posted until later on?

We did Pirates and Pals this past February, and I know I didn't book it until October. Maybe we just got lucky... But in your case, knowing Disney's track record, I'd think it's more likely they're not loaded yet. You have to talk to the recreation people, not dining, and it's only available 2 or 3 nights a week.

To the OP - I highly recommend Pirates and Pals! It doesn't get much more "pirate-y" than that, and it was the highlight of our trip for my 9 and 4 yr old. It was late for them too, but not a problem at all.

This is fun and free. There are a few maps you can do.[/QUOTE]

My Grandboys (7 and 4) would love the map quest activity. Sounds like the activity that we've done in Epcot. Where do you get your bands activated?

This is my exact plan for our "pirate day." We're doing Pirates League, PotC and Peter Pan FPs, the Jack Sparrow show, dinner at Skipper's Canteen (not exactly pirates, but still boat/Adventureland theme-y), and the the Pirates and Pals Cruise - really excited to meet the characters there. My son isn't old enough for the pirate adventure yet. When we booked the cruise, it didn't open until about 160 days out - and I was still able to add someone to our reservation just last week at 105 days out.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter