Help! Restaurant and child that can't eat table food

gramma4

fairyGaGa
we are taking the family of 10 to chef mickeys for our only group dinner. My grandson can't eat table food. All his food has to puréed due to his autism. If I ask, do you think I could get a discount just for himself, since he can't eat the food. I'm not expecting free due to the entertainment.
Th am you for any help
Gramma 4

we are taking the family of 10 to chef mickeys for our only group dinner. My grandson can't eat table food. All his food has to puréed due to his autism. If I ask, do you think I could get a discount just for himself, since he can't eat the food. I'm not expecting free due to the entertainment.
Th am you for any help
Gramma 4

No harm in asking but don't be surprised if the answer is no. Have you considered calling to see if the kitchen can puree his food for you?

The official answer is that you pay full price. However, it wouldn't hurt to ask the manager - exceptions are sometimes made (but this seems to be fairly rare).

Th am you for any help
Gramma 4

How old is he? As in, is he under age 3, 'child price" or "adult price"? If he is under three, he's free anyways, and if he is adult price they may just charge you child price instead. When we've traveled with a special needs restricted diet (on baby food even though 'adult price') person in our group, these types of meals were often discounted to a lower price. Not always, but often.

Also, FYI, how does the family prepare food at home? Is there a portable puree maker they could bring with them? Or do they buy/bring special food with them? If they are bringing his food into the restaurant, be aware that the food cannot be warmed up in the kitchen.

Expect to be charged full price if the child is older than 3 years old. You can always ask, but it may not be granted - it's at the discretion of the server/manager.

As was already mentioned, the kitchen is not able to heat or purée and food brought in by guests.
They CAN purée food that is on their menu, so if any of the food they serve would work for him, that would be an option.
Some people also bring their own portable food mill or blender with them so they can blend food at the table.

1) It has always been policy that ANYONE entering a character meal, buffet, or AYCTE pays the price for their age.
2) Once in a while, I have seen a restaurant manager skip the charge for kids with feeding tubes (or maybe a MAW family member).
3) But I have not heard of an exception for not wanting to eat by preference or medical condition (like autism).
. . . there is no way to keep track if they actually eat of not
. . . they would take time from the characters, so an entertainment fee needs to be charged
. . . the exception could not be evenly applied (HINT: Permanent employment for lawyers)
4) Be prepared to pay full price, for the age group, for the child.

NOTE1: As mentioned above, the kitchen could usually puree a menu item for you, although I would not personally recommend pureeing M&M's. However, for health-code reasons, they can't reheat (except baby formula) or puree food you bring, as the kitchen has no control over the purity.

NOTE2: Some say to call the eatery. This is no good, because you care calling the Cell Canter and not the eatery. The Call Center can transfer the call to the eatery, but the eatery has to FIRST agree to ace the call transfer, but only if the eatery agrees. And, the manager would not agree to such a request in-the-blind. Anyone could be claiming a disability on the phone. It is best to ask for the manager while at the check-in podium and hope the stars are aligned just right that day.

I would expect to be charged the regular price but go ahead and alert them upon arrival that he is unable to eat their offerings as it can't hurt to mention it. From what I gather it's rarely ever discounted. My kids can eat but literally can only have 2-3 items on the entire buffet at most of them. I think their first trip they had a plain baked potato and steamed broccoli and we still paid full price at all buffets.

NOTE1: As mentioned above, the kitchen could usually puree a menu item for you, although I would not personally recommend pureeing M&M's. However, for health-code reasons, they can't reheat (except baby formula) or puree food you bring, as the kitchen has no control over the purity..

what about Reece's Pieces?

OP, as most people have said you are actually paying for the ambience/atmosphere and characters. the food is secondary. when you say he only eats pureed foods, does that mean he can/will eat things like mashed potatoes and soups? if so, then you will definitely pay full price. there are plenty of picky eaters out there who only go for certain textures so unless he has a valid medical condition that prevents him from being able to swallow solid foods, it is unlikely;y you will get any pixie dust

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter