Help please! 2 trips - FP+ - ticket upgrade to AP questions

PSofiasMama

Mouseketeer
I have 18 days until my 60 day mark for reserving FP+ and just realized I have a problem.

Here is my situation:

Trip #1: I bought 7 day park hoppers from Park Savers and plan on upgrading to an AP when I get to WDW on Feb 2nd. That is a 5 day trip that I already have FP+.
Trip #2: The 60 day FP+ mark is approaching for my trip that starts on March 31st and will also be a 5 day trip. Since I will not have upgraded to the AP before the FP+ 60 days will I only be able to reserve 2 days worth of fast passes? (Given that I already reserved 5 days from trip #1 on a 7 day ticket)

If the above is correct - help!! The options that I can think of:
1- If I purchase another 3 day ticket can I upgrade to an AP using both (7 day + 3 day) - that basically negates the Park Savers savings.
2- Should I save the 7 day hoppers for another time and purchase new 10 day hoppers for FP+ on both trips and then upgrade from there to an AP? Will that even work since the trips are more than 14 days apart? I looked in MDE and it will allow me to make FP+ until March 11 so the 14 days ticket use must not count for FP?
3- Other options?

Trip #2 is with friends (first time WDW!) and it is important for us to have FP+ since it is a busy time of year.

Thank you all in advance for your opinions and expertise!

I would just wait until you've upgraded your ticket to an AP - that'll be 57 days before your March trip.

I agree with previous poster, just wait until after you have upgraded to the AP. There should still be plenty of FPs available for your trip at that time, heck I don't book mine until the day before and still am able to get everything except FEA.

If the fast passes for the second trip are more important to you, then make them first. You can make additional fast passes for your first trip after your upgrade.

But yes, you are correct. You can only make fp+ reservations for the number of valid ticket days you have in mde. Just another unintended consequence from this new system if you have a ticket you plan on upgrading at the parks.

But yes, you are correct. You can only make fp+ reservations for the number of valid ticket days you have in mde.

Also, I would assume that tickets can't be used for two trips anyway, because you only have 14 days to use tickets from the first use.

I would just wait too your will have a AP so you will be back to Disney and really in all of Disney there are 2 rides ( really 1) that you need to be there 60 days to get a FP and that is FEA at EPCOT alll the rest of the ride you will be fine ( 7DMT comes a close second as fair as FP go)

you will be fine booking FP 56 (or how ever many days) in advance.

just a side note I go to Disney on a whim all the time I might go this Saturday and friend called Monday to ask if I wanted to go down for the weekend and she was able to get FP for every thing when wanted and the times we wanted. ( and she. did not book anything until Monday night around 11pm) less then a week out on a holiday weekend too.

Thanks for the feedback.

It looks like I will be able to book FP+ with the unused (no FP+) days on my ticket for trip #2. I will reserve the hard to get FP+ during those days and reserve the rest once I upgrade to an AP. I feel much better. Thanks everyone!

Thanks for the feedback.

It looks like I will be able to book FP+ with the unused (no FP+) days on my ticket for trip #2. I will reserve the hard to get FP+ during those days and reserve the rest once I upgrade to an AP. I feel much better. Thanks everyone!

I wouldn't expect you to be able to because you have 14 days to use up the 7 days worth of ticket entitlements you have.

I wouldn't expect you to be able to because you have 14 days to use up the 7 days worth of ticket entitlements you have.

I was unsure too so I tested it today. I was able to make FP+ for March 14th (60 days out) while keep my Feb 2-6 ones. That leads me to believe that I will be able to do the same on March 31st once the 60 day window opens up.

I was unsure too so I tested it today. I was able to make FP+ for March 14th (60 days out) while keep my Feb 2-6 ones. That leads me to believe that I will be able to do the same on March 31st once the 60 day window opens up.
Be sure to upgrade as soon as you reach WDW. You can upgrade before you enter a park.

Once you use that first Ticket day, the system may delete your 2 days of FPs for Trip #2. So, upgrade as soon as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter