Help picking resort!!!!(for the final time) *long*

pinkxray

DIS Veteran
I am traveling in May and have already changed resorts a few times. I started at CSR, moved to All Star Movies, and finally have decided on Contemporary standard view garden wing(where I have always wanted to stay)The problem is Contemporary is on the top top of our budget and my husband and daughter don't care at all where we stay. I told my husband yesterday I upgraded to Contemporary and he could care less. He said he would be perfectly happy in a $50 a night hotel offsite. So to pay all the money to stay in the Contemporary seems useless right now. I am graduating college this May and next time we travel in a year or two a deluxe won't be so hard on the budget hopefully.
So now I am torn between either our original CSR or CBR. I love the rooms at CSR, but am a little scared of the food choices. I think the dig site looks great and my daughter wants to ride the jaguar slide, but I know she will love the pirate pool even more, especially the little kid area.
So please help me choose. CSR or CBR. Then I will step away from the resort board and only look at the dining board!

I have only stayed at CSR once (never CBR) and LOVED IT! The food was OK but the atmosphere and pool to me far outweigh the food. It's not like you are going to be eating every single meal there, right? If you really are scared about the food, ask for a fridge to be delivered to your room. Eat breakfast in your room and lunch/dinner at either another resort, DTD or in the parks. Don't let the food stop you from staying there.

I know you will get alot of different opinions on these boards but go with your gut! :thumbsup2

Since your family could care less where you stay, and it seems that they've left it up to you to make the decision, then go where you'll be the most happy....trust me, they'll learn to become opinionated about where they stay--in the meantime, have a ball! Pick the resort you'd love to be at.

Hi,

We stayed at CBR and liked it, but after we stayed at CSR this September we loved it. We are going back in Sept.2010.

I have to tell you we had great luck with the Pepper Market (food court.) The choices were good as well as the food. My daughter has a food allergy and they were very accommodating.

The pool is the best your daughter will love it.

I agree don't judge it on the food, your room will come with the fridge to keep stuff. You can always eat other places.

Happy picking.:)

Never stayed at CSR but would not hesitate to. I have stayed at CBR...eh, it was nice but I enjoyed Pop Century more and fell in love with AKL. I'd recommend AKL to anyone. :lovestruc

My vote would be for a stay at the CBR. We have stayed there four years in a row and have a 5th stay already booked. The resort was recently refurbed and the main pool was completely redone. I have tons of pictures of the room and the resort in my trip report. Just click on the link in my signature.

You didn't mention how old your daughter was, but here is my input......

We stayed at CBR in 2008 and CSR 2007 (before upgrades :sad1:)

First my thoughts on the CBR pool (which most people think is the best aspect of CBR). We stayed at CBR when my sons were 4 and 12. My youngest son actually preferred the main pool versus the pirate ship section, because it was very crowded and he felt a little overwhelmed since tons of kids were left unsupervised and it got a little rough and crazy. Plus, he preferred the big slide to the little ones on the pirate ship.

Now my reasons for preferring CSR over CBR......

I felt there was more choices of food at CSR. I know some people don't like the food, but we had no problems. We also enjoyed eating at Maya Grill.

The buses. Not sure if you are using them, but since CSR is a convention center the buses come much more frequently. We never seemed to wait for a bus more than 5 minutes, but at CBR we never waited less than 10 minutes and one morning (extra morning hours) we waited over 45 minutes.

I thought the grounds were beautiful at CSR - much more lush and tropical.

Add in the new upgrades to CSR and I would stay there in a heartbeat. CBR only if I got a free upgrade from Pop Century this September :rotfl:

I would look at the resort photos on allears.net and choose the theming you like best.
My fav Mod resorts are in this order: POR-Riverside (mansion section) and CBR (JAmaica or Aruba).

I have to say that's a typical male response! I think my husband would say the same thing, but when he gets there it would be wow!
Have you looked at WL or AKL? Those are also wonderful deluxe resorts and a bit more affordable.

Did you see the new promo WDW jsut put out? You get a gift card with your booking, thru May or June I believe- check out the WDW site for more info. I believe its $750 for deluxe resorts- that would take care of your meals! You wouldn't need the DDP!

We've stayed at both multiple times, and I think you can't go wrong! I agree with the previous poster who suggested checking out allears.net and deciding which theme you prefer. While CSR has the convention center, and therefore the convention crowd, I still thought it was good for kids. As for food, we really loved the CSR food court - it's been a long time since we stayed there, but thought it had the best selection and "check-out" system. If we were staying in a moderate again, I think I'd select CBR, but mainly based on our preference for that theme, which may be different for your family. Good luck - both good choices!

We are staying at CBR this time but my all time favorite Mod id POFQ. It is small and very cute. It is Mardi Gras themed. Have a great time!

I haven't stayed at either resort but I prefer to rent points and stay at a deluxe resort for less than the mods (unless you get a stay 4/get 3 free deal or free dining). I helped a family of 4 rent points from a DVC owner to stay in a studio at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge for May 2-8, 2010 and they are staying for less than CSR or CBR would cost. You might consider renting points - we have for the last 2 trips and for our upcoming trip in Nov/Dec 2010 and are staying at BWV with a boardwalk view in a 2-bedroom villa plus 2 studios for less than a mod (it would have taken 4 separate rooms at a value or deluxe to fit all of us and we are saving over $1,200.) Just a thought....

Personally since the lodging isn't high on your DH or DD's list I think I'd save the money this trip and stay at CSR or CBR, both are great. If your DD likes the pool area at CSR and you plan on spending time at the pool go with CSR. We've always enjoyed the Pepper Market and the resort is really nice.

If it were me and my choices were a moderate or the CR Garden Wing, I'd go with a moderate. If you really want to stay at CR and staying at a Deluxe will be easier on the pocketbook at a later date I think I'd wait and splurge on a CR tower room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter