Help pick room at poly

bhardy

Mouseketeer
So my family... Me, my DH, DD(5 and will be 1.5 at time of travel), and DFIL, we would like to stay probably at a deluxe and would like nothing too expensive. Thinking of maybe a 1 BR somewhere and would like convenience to out rank everything. Any thoughts? Maybe club level? Thanks for your thought!!!

Okay.

The moment you say "deluxe," "1 bedroom" and "nothing too expensive," you're in immediate conflict with Disney reality. Add in Club Level, and I can only ask what your budget looks like?

In low season, a 1BR Club Level at a Deluxe will set you back $1100+/night.

So my family... Me, my DH, DD(5 and will be 1.5 at time of travel), and DFIL, we would like to stay probably at a deluxe and would like nothing too expensive. Thinking of maybe a 1 BR somewhere and would like convenience to out rank everything. Any thoughts? Maybe club level? Thanks for your thought!!!
Very exciting! Happy planning! If you're thinking club level, AKL may be the most inexpensive, but not as convenient as a monorail resort being able to get on and off with strollers.

Those are just things we were thinking about, knowing we wouldn't get them all.... If we did 1 BR, we wouldn't do club level, so I probably worded my post poorly.... So let's try again.... Where would you stay? And would you choose Reg room, Reg room with club, or 1 BR? Also too expensive is over $600 a night. (We are going in lower season- very end of Aug- so we've always gotten good discount).

You won't get a regular room with Club Level for $600/night even with a discount most seasons, and will only get a 1BR for under $600/night if there is availability for 30% off DVC Villlas rented through cash, or renting DVC points.

If you truly want under $600, rent DVC.

Ok... See this is why I asked... My father in law said he'd pick up the extra... So take the money out of the equation. What would you pick?

If money isn't an object, I'd go for a 1BR Club Level at Grand Floridian.

Money is usually an object, though.

Ok so my family and I discussed the info from the thread and decided on a resort- the poly.... For many reasons- but now we have 3 options for rooms all within our budget.
1. Std room
2. Garden view club level
3. Studio - std view I think it was.

We are getting the dining plan- going w/o is not an option for my husband. :). So what do you think would be our best bet.... Remember our group. Me, DH,DFIL, DD5,DD1.5 (who will be in crib/ pack n play).

Thanks again for everyone's help.

All in one room? I wouldn't do a studio if just 1 room. In a std or CL room you would have 2 queen beds and daybed. In the studio you would only have 1 queen, a sofa bed & single Murphy bed.

I stayed CL many times at Poly when kids were younger and price wasn't nearly what it is now. I'm not sure you would get value out go it with DDP but I guess it could work for you-use lounge for breakfast then use DDP for other meals. The nice thing about CL is that you have lounge to relax in too. So if your trying to get the kids to bed your FIL could hang out in the lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter