Help out a frequent visitor, first time off site since '09

Feckless

DIS Veteran
Hello all! I'm heading down for a girl's week in a house in Davenport. I can't be this close and not visit Disney so two of us are heading to MK for the day. Got tickets for two of us, mine are tied to my MB apparently but my friend is a new visitor. Email I got said to use the bar code at the gate. I have a couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to get my friend's ticket activated or transferred to a card at DTD before our MK day?

2. If we don't, how long will it take to activate the ticket at the gate? Will we have to go to Guest Services or go right to the turnstiles?

3. We will have one rental car, so I was thinking of a taxi or Lyfte or Uber to take us so our friends we are leaving behind can have the rental for the day. We are going sun up to sun down after all! :) What would everyone suggest? Drop off at the Contemporary? What mode of transportation would you guys think is best?

Thanks everyone!!!

Hello all! I'm heading down for a girl's week in a house in Davenport. I can't be this close and not visit Disney so two of us are heading to MK for the day. Got tickets for two of us, mine are tied to my MB apparently but my friend is a new visitor. Email I got said to use the bar code at the gate. I have a couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to get my friend's ticket activated or transferred to a card at DTD before our MK day?

2. If we don't, how long will it take to activate the ticket at the gate? Will we have to go to Guest Services or go right to the turnstiles?

3. We will have one rental car, so I was thinking of a taxi or Lyfte or Uber to take us so our friends we are leaving behind can have the rental for the day. We are going sun up to sun down after all! :) What would everyone suggest? Drop off at the Contemporary? What mode of transportation would you guys think is best?

Thanks everyone!!!

1. Yes. (And, that's what I would do.)
Can be done at any Guest Relations or ticket booth outside any park or at TTC or at Disney Springs.

2. They tell you to go right to the tap-styles (the park gates.)
I, for one, would not take a chance on that.
If there is any kind of hang-up (and heaven knows there are a LOT of potential hang-ups,)
you will be delaying not only your party, but who knows how many others behind d you in line?

I'd not want to be a part of some kind of "We don't need to pay for so many Guest Relations CMs anymore..." kind of scheme.
Not me!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter