HELP... Newbies in need of Park Strategy for Mom/ Daughter!

lorilclevelandrn

DIS Veteran
Hi there,

I’ve impulsively purchased a 1 Day/ 2 Park ticket on Sunday 11/17 for myself and 6 y/o daughter day before we head to Disney for the week. We will be staying @ HR and I have no clue how to tackle the 2 parks.

Any help comes graciously appreciated!!!

Pull up the park website and see what is in each park
Read about the rides and shows and decide what you want to see/do

ride height and restrictions are listed for the rides and shows

try to make a plan to cover the park per section in order to save time and not have to backtrack

switch parks when you have finished and go to the other park section

Always good to read the trip reports
Many share their thoughts on what was their favorites

You get free express pass by staying at Hard Rock, so make sure to check in before you go to the park so you can use it. The Hagrid coaster and Pteranodon Flyer do not accept express. I think the flyers passes out return times, similar to the old fp system at Disney.

You don’t really need to plan much since you’ll have express. As PP said, just look everything up ahead of time so that you know what you want to do, and try not to backtrack since you have only one day. The Hogwarts Express is different in each direction. You are allowed to bring in as much food and drink as you like, just no glass. Many rides (some of which a six year old will be too short for) require you to use a locker. You open them with your ticket at most locations, so the max number of lockers you can get for free will be two. Free lockers are only about four inches tall, but quite wide and deep. Bigger lockers are $2 per ride. Pack your stuff accordingly.

There’s a really nice Curious George water playground that your child will probably like, if it’s warm enough. There are lots of characters to meet too, all the info is online.

The Christmas stuff starts the day before you get there. All that info is also online. I highly recommend the Grinchmas show. It’s a Broadway-quality show. It’s best to see the first performance as it’s very popular and sometimes you have to wait through an entire show to get in, but not as many people show up for the first performance. It will still be full but you should be fine showing up about thirty-forty minutes ahead of time. The holiday parade is very good too.

I'd get there very early so you can at least start the process of check-in, getting your cards so you can start using you're unlimited EP, and so that way you can take advantage of EE as well if interested in that too. You'll more than likely not have access to your room yet, but it's mainly so you have your room cards and get there as soon as possible so you can start having fun.

Having the express pass from the hotel stay will be a huge help. We were at Universal last weekend and never waited more then 15-20 minutes with express. Also check to see if one park opens early for resort guests. Last weekend it was the studios open at 8am. Not all rides were open, but we did minions right away. The gringots ride for Harry Potter was also open early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter