Help needed with planning next visit.

Lashed34

DIS Veteran
So, after staying at HRH for 2 weeks earlier this month we are already planning our next visit in 2021but we will be going for 3 weeks instead of 2.

At the moment we can actually book (with Virgin Holidays) for December 2021, but we want to do some things differently and therefore if anyone can offer any advice we would be very grateful.

Firstly the Park tickets - if I was to book today the 3-park tickets for 2 weeks would be £282 - am I better paying this or going for the premium annual pass to cover us for the full 3 weeks.

Hotel - we plan to stay at HRH again (we loved it), but if we get the annual pass are we better off booking directly with the hotel and then booking flights separately too? Dates will be 29th Nov 2021 until 20th December - would we get access to a discount with hotel via the premium annual pass?

Our overall plan is to visit for 3 weeks - we want to visit DHS for one day, Busch Gardens & also Sea World - our dilemma is whether to book it all as a package with Virgin Holidays or by doing it all separately.

I've looked at Universal's website and the Annual Passes are very complicated - we are non residents and want the premium pass with no blackout dates etc - but then we have no idea whether the HRH will be offering discounts with the AP during the dates we're planning on coming.

HELP!!!

So, after staying at HRH for 2 weeks earlier this month we are already planning our next visit in 2021but we will be going for 3 weeks instead of 2.

At the moment we can actually book (with Virgin Holidays) for December 2021, but we want to do some things differently and therefore if anyone can offer any advice we would be very grateful.

Firstly the Park tickets - if I was to book today the 3-park tickets for 2 weeks would be £282 - am I better paying this or going for the premium annual pass to cover us for the full 3 weeks.

Hotel - we plan to stay at HRH again (we loved it), but if we get the annual pass are we better off booking directly with the hotel and then booking flights separately too? Dates will be 29th Nov 2021 until 20th December - would we get access to a discount with hotel via the premium annual pass?

Our overall plan is to visit for 3 weeks - we want to visit DHS for one day, Busch Gardens & also Sea World - our dilemma is whether to book it all as a package with Virgin Holidays or by doing it all separately.

I've looked at Universal's website and the Annual Passes are very complicated - we are non residents and want the premium pass with no blackout dates etc - but then we have no idea whether the HRH will be offering discounts with the AP during the dates we're planning on coming.
There is a good chance they will be offering AP discounts on rooms then. HOWEVER, in my experience, the Stay More, Save More discount available to all is usually better than the AP rate once you get past booking 5 days or so. So you may well be better off with a package for the hotel, that discount will likely be built in to your rate. The premier and preferred annual passes give discounts on food and merchandise which may benefit you over 3 weeks, premier 15%, preferred 10%. So you will have to do some math on that to decide which ticket is right for you. I'm not up on my currency conversion. That's about all I can offer right now. Sounds like a fun trip!

There is a good chance they will be offering AP discounts on rooms then. HOWEVER, in my experience, the Stay More, Save More discount available to all is usually better than the AP rate once you get past booking 5 days or so. So you may well be better off with a package for the hotel, that discount will likely be built in to your rate. The premier and preferred annual passes give discounts on food and merchandise which may benefit you over 3 weeks, premier 15%, preferred 10%. So you will have to do some math on that to decide which ticket is right for you. I'm not up on my currency conversion. That's about all I can offer right now. Sounds like a fun trip!
That's hugely helpful, thank you.

Sea World typically offers good/excellent deals around Black Friday. I wouldn't get tickets ahead of time to SW or BG for that reason - they're likely to be so much cheaper right before your trip. They also tend to have some of their tours/experiences and dining plans for great prices during that sale.

Totally agree with georgina. The Stay More Save More rate for long stays like yours are going to be comparable to the APH rate.

Like you said, AP gives you ACCESS to AP rates, but actually being able to book it is a different story. Rooms are limited and they go fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter