Help my Dh died.(Updated again post #218)

Sorry for your loss. I, unfortunely, know the pain you are going through. I lost my DH of 7 years (together 13) Dec 8/9, 2007 unexpectly in his sleep. He was 44 (heart attack). I was 34 and my son was 2 1/2 & daughter was 2 months. I wish I could tell you the pain lessens, but I haven't gotten to that point yet. I still wear my wedding ring & his is on a chain around my neck.

Just remember, don't let anyone else tell you how you should feel or act(do). Do what you feel is right on your own timetable. Here's a link for a very good support board for widows. It's helped me alot:

www <dot> ywbb <dot> org/forums/ubbthreads <dot> php
(sorry, can't post links yet)

I am so sorry for your loss, Sue. I hope all your happy family memories will be a comfort to you during this time of sadness. :hug:

I hope this experience is never shared by any of you. As time has passed I realize there is no way I can go. I can't even walk out of my house let alone a trip. The kids understand even the 5yo.

thanks Again!
Sue

I know he was a incredible husband and dad, and he will be greatly missed in your lives. Take time to deal with all of your emotions, and know that many people care for you, even not knowing you. There will be a time for trips, and you will know when it is right for all of you. Sending comforting thoughts your way.

Good friends of our family just lost their 52 year old husband/dad a few Saturdays ago - a heart attack while driving, totally unexpected. They are grieving, as you are, so I am thinking of you in a special way, as I know you are all experiencing so much of the same kind of sorrow.

So sorry for your loss. We are frequent visitors to Penninsula State Park and we will be sure to keep an eye out for your DH's memorial bench when we are there next summer. You are in my prayers.

So sorry for your loss, your family is in our prayers. Take your time and you must do what feel right for you and your family.

I am so so so sorry for your loss. I feel your daughter's pain - I lost my dad when I was young, too. We had a WDW tripped planned for about 2 months after he died, but we rescheduled it until when we were more up to going - which ended up being about 6 months after he died. It was me, my boy friend (now DH), my mom and my cousin (my brother bailed at the last minute).

That trip was EXTREMELY healing. For all of us. We laughed, we cried, we drank too much a few times. We had a great time, but we knew that dad was with us, that he was so happy to see us happy again.

The sun will shine again. The pain you feel will always be there, but it will become easier to wake up each day.

I am so very, very sorry.

I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with your family. His obituary was beautiful.

Just remember, don't let anyone else tell you how you should feel or act(do). Do what you feel is right on your own timetable.

Wise words that were very true for me in 2000 when I lost my dad.
My mom, my sister, my aunt and I each had a different path thru our greif.

It sounds like you have the wisdom to listen to your own inner voice.

I am so very sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter