Help me request a room at Bonnet Creek

steelebug

Mouseketeer
wanted to know if you could help me request a room at Bonnet Creek. We are staying there for the first time June 19th to 26th. We have 4 children, 9,7,4, and 6mos. We would like to be close to the lazy river and slide if they have one. We would also like fireworks and lake view is that possible? TIA

The resort is quite compact---nothing is particularly far from anything---so the view may matter more than the proximity to slide/lazy river. (And, until tower six is open, you can be close to a slide, *or* a lazy river, but not both.)

Having both a fireworks *and* a lake view is also tricky---possible, but there aren't many rooms that have both. I think I'd decide which of these is more important, and ask for that one.

I hate to contradict Brian, but it's actually a long way around the lake from one side of the resort to the other. We drove it since we have an 11yo who is limited in the distances he can walk. We never went to the lazy river, so I'm not sure where it is.

Sheila

Are you staying in a 2 or 3 bdrm?

We were just there at the end of April and staying in building 4 on the 13th floor. Our 2 bdrm (Rm 1369) had a great view of the lake but our friends had a 3 bdrom (Rm 1363) and they had an amazing view of the fireworks.

We treked with the kids to all 3 of the pool areas (9, 7, 6, 5) with no problems.

It was a great trip.

We drove it since we have an 11yo who is limited in the distances he can walk
That's fair---if anyone in your part has mobility issues, it's probably a different story. But, we found it easy enough to get to any point in the resort from any other that nothing felt "too far" to go to for convenience's sake. Very different from someplace like OKW, where we as often as not just visit the quiet pool rather than the main one if we're someplace like the far side of Millers Road.

There is a lazy river near the main building, and building five. The pool slide is at the opposite side of the lake, near building three. Building six will, apparently, have both. When the hotel finally opens, they should be able to "close the loop" making it even easier to get from one point to another; right now the longest trek is from Five/Six to Three, because you have to go the long way around.

We stayed at Bonnet Creek the first year it was open and it seemed to me everything was a great distance from where we wanted to be. The closer to the main building you can get the better for both fireworks and close proximity to lazy rivers. The year we were there the slides were not yet opened but at that time where not near the lazy river.

We are staying in a two bedroom. My husband wants lake view and my kids want fireworks is why I asked. And I don't want to go far with a 6 month old to the pool. Trying to make everyone as happy as possible.

For a unit close to a pool and a fireworks view, we like building 4. In my opinion, building 5 is bad because of the parking garage. For a unit close to a pool with a slide and a pool view, I like building 2, which is also close to the mini golf. Building 4 is also close to the main check in building. This is just my personal opinion. Building 4 also has a nice view of the grounds if you are on the opposite side of the parking lot. To get a fireworks view from building 4 or 5, you also have a lovely view of the parking lot. Of course, it is fun to watch people come back from the parks also. Buildings 1,2 and 3 have a nice view of the pools and common areas but are too short for a good view of the fireworks because building 4 and 5 are so much taller.

After reading what I just wrote, I am thinking building 4 is the best to request due to it's close proximity to the main building. Plus the fact that you either get a fireworks view (from the higher floors) or a nice view of the common/pool areas from the other side. If you get a high floor, you can't go wrong. Also, the pool area between building 4 and 5 is very nice.

we were there last march, and stayed in building 5. we watched them build the 2nd big pool complex. we are returning next week 6-12 /6-19 and requested the same unit in building 5. it will be nice to enjoy the pool view this time.

i agree about building 4 and 5 "fireworks" view. You have to look over a 4 story parking garage, and it is just ugly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter