• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me plan Castaway Cay day?

Amy11

Earning My Ears
We are 2 adults and want to spend some good beach time at Serenity Bay on Castaway Cay. We'd also like to parasail and visit Pelican Plunge. What order would you suggest and what time to do the parasailing?

TIA! :wave2:

Last edited:
We are 2 adults and want to spend some good beach time on Castaway Cay. We'd also like to parasail and visit Pelican Plunge. What order would you suggest and what time to do the parasailing?

TIA! :wave2:
Personally, my husband and I like to parasail early in the morning. That way we can head to the adult beach for the rest of the day without worrying about getting back to Marge's Barges later. Makes for a more relaxing day, for us anyway. Not sure when you're cruising, but on several occasions we've had parasailing cancelled due to high winds so you may want to have a "backup plan" in mind in the event that happens to you. Have a great time!

I would get the Parasailing between 1 and 4 PM. Enjoy the beach first thing after you get off the ship, grab some lunch and then parasail after that on the way back on board.

Personally, my husband and I like to parasail early in the morning. That way we can head to the adult beach for the rest of the day without worrying about getting back to Marge's Barges later.

Thanks! If we parasail first thing, will the chairs be full at Serenity Bay? Or is there no problem?

When we were at Castaway Cay there were PLENTY of chairs for everyone. We've only been once tho.

Hi Amy +1! Recently did the same (with kiddo in the kid's club) in May. We had our parasailing swapped to the afternoon because of high winds/weather by the cruise line. However, in the long run it worked out better. We had a relaxing spa, grabbed the shuttle to pick up our young man, then had a wonderful time out parasailing. The parasailing boat is closest to the ship, so it made sense for it to be the last activity for our day on the island. Have fun and bring a camera in the air. Got some great shots! You will stay completely dry when parasailing if you wish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter