Help me pick my hotel

We've tried all the mods & still keep going back to POR. Just love the calmness of the entire resort. The others just felt way too hectic & most rooms too far away from where we needed to be.

Hmmm not many votes for CBR then

Aghhh everyone loves different ones. What one do I pick lol

Baring in mind it's valatines day when am there to. Any more romantic than the other lol
What can be more romantic than a horse and carriage ride along the river walkways? A lovely gazebo. Fountains lit with soft colors at night. Lovely trees, grass, flowers, mansions with gorgeous quiet pools....ahh!

Now am thinking Coronado instead of POR lol

POR is smaller and has the boat to DS. The menu at Boatwright's looks great, too, but I'd have to give the edge in dining to CSR. The pool at CSR blows POR's away, IMO.

To further confuse you, I also loved CBR, but like CSR slightly better. I all, we've had positive experiences at all 4 moderates. I'd rank them as follows:

1. CSR
2. CBR
3. POFQ
4. POR

POR does seem to have a large fanbase, though.

Well sense it's valatines day it sounds like POR would be best

It's nice the others have the bigger cool. But we are only there 4 days so I can't even see us using it tbh, we rather be in the parks

Sounds like CBR is just massive to. And I'll be doing enough walking in the parks lol

Think I'll book POR with the river view :)

Well sense it's valatines day it sounds like POR would be best

It's nice the others have the bigger cool. But we are only there 4 days so I can't even see us using it tbh, we rather be in the parks

Sounds like CBR is just massive to. And I'll be doing enough walking in the parks lol

Think I'll book POR with the river view :)
Now you're talkin! (Another Dis member posted on here that she got engaged in the POR gazebo, and was going back for an anniversary trip!)

Now you're talkin! (Another Dis member posted on here that she got engaged in the POR gazebo, and was going back for an anniversary trip!)

That's funny you say that cos I was planning on doing it on valatines day

Where is another question lol hotel, parks, resturant God knows lol

I'm in the same boat you're in.
I'm seriously considering PoFQ simply because of the small size of the resort, it's dedicated bus stop, and the rooms look fabulous!

I have stayed at all of the moderates except CBR (I will be staying there next month!)

My FAVORITE is CSR! I like CSR even more than some of the Deluxe resorts (like Poly.)
My second choice would be POR.
I did not care for POFQ at all.

I've stayed at POR, CSR, and POFQ and Coronado Springs is my favorite. In fact in less than two weeks I will be back at the beautiful Coronado! POR is pretty but it just wasn't our cup of tea. Mostly because of the buses.
I would rank them:

1. CSR
2. POFQ
3. POR

hey

Me and my partner both mid 20s will be In Disney from 11-15 Feb next year after a cruise

Am really stuck what hotel to pick. Our price range is any mod hotel

Which one do I choose.
Middle aged and older adults (like me) will likely give you opinions that might not align with your interests. So I will try to answer this from the prospective of my kids and their friends.

I've taken groups of 5 to 7 on 14 day trips in 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2015 and have another booked September 2016. We've stayed a couple nights at AK to experience a Deluxe and that was fun. We've also stayed at ASM, CBR and we've toured all of the resorts for the purpose of asking ourselves if we'd enjoy staying. But for my kids and their friends who are in your age category, their favorite remains either Pop or POR.

Even at their age (and mine) we find it fun to be immersed in Disney with the larger than life theming at Pop. Yeah the rooms are a bit smaller than at a moderate. But still very comfortable especially if only 2 of you. So if you also love the over the top theming, save yourself $100 per night. It's also a short walk to AOA so you can check out both, have 2 food courts and 2 transportation services to chose from.

While we all love Pop, we also love POR. No large characters and a more grownup style environment with lush vegetation. It is really a toss up for us and none are disappointed with either. POR feels on par with many of the Deluxe and offers the option to take a boat instead of bus to DS. You can also use the pool at POFQ or food court if so inclined.

You will notice that POR and POFQ are 2 that get excluded usually from the free dining offers and that says something about their popularity as they don't have to make special offers to fill the rooms. A lot of people favor POFQ over POR and it seems to be due to size and concerns about walking. But we did not find the walk from anywhere at POR to be excessive and it is heavily shaded with extra bus stops around the resort as well so you don't have to walk to main building. POFQ on the other hand does not have all the trees and is made to appear more like you're walking around the streets in the French Quarter. Well themed but not as appealing to us.

We have not, like others, enjoyed CBR or Coronado because they DO involve a lot more walking AND they lack the shade. We would stay at Pop before these. Just my groups opinion.

You might also want to consider a split stay. Not a big deal to stay at one for 2 nights and transfer to another for other 2 nights. You'd just want to perhaps buy park tickets separately so you can get some savings for multiple day.

In summary, I think you'd be happy at POR for sure. But don't assume you've outgrown Pop because my kids and I haven't.

Hope you enjoy the trip...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter