• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me fill in a few meals...

jodim

Mouseketeer
We need to pick 4 more locations and I'm just so undecided and the kids already have picked their favorites. We will be a party of 10 - 3yo, 6yo, 12yo, 14yo, 4 adult kids and 2 parents.

So far we have (in no particular order) :
1900 Park Fare
Ohana breakfast
Be Our Guest
Tusker House
Cape May Dinner
H & V F!
HDDR
Bon Voyage
Chef Mickeys
Backyard BBQ
Sanaa
Tiffins ROL
Crystal Palace
Akershus

We have never done the Luau and were thinking about it but it gets less than stellar reviews.

Biergarten
Whispering Canyon
Garden Grill
Teppan Edo

That's all a lot of food! How long are you staying and are you all eating together for all those meals? We travel with 12 of all ages...we have found that TS takes a lot of time so we throw in a few QS dinners...Contempo is a good choice for us as is going to FT Wilderness and ordering pizza and salad at the take out window and sitting outside at the picnic table. Have fun!

Whispering Canyon Cafe, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Sci-Fi Dine In Theater. You also have Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex that kids usually like. Garden Grill was mentioned above. I

Last edited:
I almost forgot Raglan Road. If you go for dinner, they have live music and dancing. They even gather up some of the kids to join in, it's really cute and great food. But it is super loud.

Whispering Canyon Cafe, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Sci-Fi Dine In Theater. You also have Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex that kids usually like. Garden Grill was mentioned above. I
I must agree with the above post. 50's Prime Time is a great family place with really good food. The fried chicken dinner is my favorite.
The Sci-Fi has GREAT atmosphere. Fun for kids and adults.
T-Rex - A dinosaur themed restaurant that most kids would enjoy.
I also agree with "cassie58 about "Coral Reef" at Epcot.

I must agree with the above post. 50's Prime Time is a great family place with really good food. The fried chicken dinner is my favorite.
The Sci-Fi has GREAT atmosphere. Fun for kids and adults.
T-Rex - A dinosaur themed restaurant that most kids would enjoy.
I also agree with "cassie58 about "Coral Reef" at Epcot.

50s prime time was a favorite of mine as a kid.

Definitely WCC - so much fun.
We love Via Napoli.
We love breakfast at Boma and Kona Cafe.
Also Trail's End - their buffet is so reasonable - we love their breakfast.
Garden Grill is so good and fun.
Sci Fi - would be different if you haven't done it. Our kids love sitting in the cars and watching the movies. The menu has changed and it was not as good as always. But fun to try.
Enjoy!

We need to pick 4 more locations and I'm just so undecided and the kids already have picked their favorites. We will be a party of 10 - 3yo, 6yo, 12yo, 14yo, 4 adult kids and 2 parents.

So far we have (in no particular order) :
1900 Park Fare
Ohana breakfast
Be Our Guest
Tusker House
Cape May Dinner
H & V F!
HDDR
Bon Voyage
Chef Mickeys
Backyard BBQ
Sanaa
Tiffins ROL
Crystal Palace
Akershus

We have never done the Luau and were thinking about it but it gets less than stellar reviews.

We did the Luau once and wasn't really impressed. The food was so so and thought the show was good, but not worth the price. Since you are doing HDDR and the BBQ, I would stick with those.
As for other places, we really like 50s PTC, food is good, fun atmosphere and the kids would probably get a kick out of it.
Biergarten is another place that has really tasty food and the show is a plus. If your kids are inclined, the band likes to encourage folks to get out on the dance floor. Kids seem to really take to this.
San Angel Inn, good and not typical Tex Mex but more authentic eats. Atmosphere is nice(best on property IMO).
The Wave is a laid back place, great breakfast buffet and lunch, not to keen on their dinner.
Rose N Crown food is tasty and nice respite from the park.
Trails End great breakfast buffet.
Kona all 3 meals we like.
Nine Dragons Honey Sesame Chicken is the draw.

Biergarten
Whispering Canyon
Garden Grill
Teppan Edo

That's all a lot of food! How long are you staying and are you all eating together for all those meals? We travel with 12 of all ages...we have found that TS takes a lot of time so we throw in a few QS dinners...Contempo is a good choice for us as is going to FT Wilderness and ordering pizza and salad at the take out window and sitting outside at the picnic table. Have fun!
We will eat together for most meals. The 2 little ones are special and have lots of sensory things going on. We are hoping if we do 2 sit down meals a day then they wont need to go back to the room as much. Not sure it will work out that way but we can always change it up if we need to. We are staying 15 days.

I might recommend staying away from Whispering Canyon and maybe 50's PT if they have lots of sensory things going on. Both restaurants (especially the former) can get pretty raucous. Garden Grill is a good one, as is Via Napoli (pizza is almost always safe, and theirs is great). Beaches and Cream has always been a family favorite for us, too (for lunch), though it could be tough with your big group. I would also highly recommend Yak & Yeti.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter