Help me figure it out - RO discount or PDS

HaveKidsWillTravel

What have I gotten myself into?
I know this was reviewed a bunch on these boards. Thanks for sticking with me.
We're a family of four heading to POR in January/Feb. Originally our guts said that the PDS package just wasn't worth it, but now we are double guessing ourselves.
We are two adults and two kids (4, 8). We are NOT big eaters, our 4 year old is a bird, but our 8 year old often likes to order off the adult menu. We've been to disney before, but have always had 'true free' dining or stayed CL, so we've never actually paid OOP for many meals. This trip is meant to be "low key" and budget. (both packages are within the budget). Based on my calculations, the PDS package at POR (for the room category we want) is basically the same thing as paying rack rate for the room and getting the dining plan at slightly less cost than the QS dining plan. The RO discount saves us, well, not much! My fear is if we don't do the PDS we'll end up paying just as much out of pocket for a bunch of QS meals and GG/amazon now and I'll regret it. My fear if we do get the PDS package I'll feel like we wasted money and food. We'd probably do breakfast in the room, QS lunch at park, QS dinner at POR and each have a snack a day. If we get the PDS we'd do maybe two sit downs, three tops. (a princess one and one at HS). We don't like spending our time sitting down eat. Is there anything else I should consider? If you've made it this far in my ramblings, thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter