Help me decide Pop or Coronado springs

gilliansmommy

Mouseketeer
We have always stayed at Pop and my TA told me it would be $300 more for the week to upgrade to Coronado springs. Is it worth it?

I love both resorts. Only $300 more - I would be at Coronado. There is no comparison between the two. Coronado is the deluxe of the moderates and I would stay there every trip given the chance.

I love both resorts. Only $300 more - I would be at Coronado. There is no comparison between the two. Coronado is the deluxe of the moderates and I would stay there every trip given the chance.

I agree with every word.:thumbsup2

$300 saved over how many days?

I'm probably in the minority, but for anything less than 5 nights, I would go with Pop. I really enjoyed CSR, but unless you are springing for a preferred room, the walk to the main building can be a HIKE. With that said, Ric's lounge is a treat and Maya Grlll is a WDW hidden treasure.

One thing is the beds.....I know some mods have queen beds now whereas the values don't.

Also, are you bringing kids? The mods have a pool slide and this is a must for my kids!!

Good luck deciding.

We just stayed at Pop. Granted we normally vacation at WDW in warmer weather so my stay is colored by this but IMO I was less than impressed with Pop as whole. And I love Sports and Movies so it's not like I haven't been there with a value resort. For whatever reason Pop just didn't do it for me. However I want to point out AGAIN that we were there in colder weather than we normally are and it was cold in the evenings, when we typically made use of resort amenities.

For $300 difference I would chose a moderate every time though. We went w/ a value for our trip but the price difference (6 nights) was almost double the price to upgrade to a mod.

We have always stayed at Pop and my TA told me it would be $300 more for the week to upgrade to Coronado springs. Is it worth it?

I would take a moderate for that price definitely. The space, less crowds, pool and theming would be well worth it!

$300 saved over how many days?

I'm probably in the minority, but for anything less than 5 nights, I would go with Pop. I really enjoyed CSR, but unless you are springing for a preferred room, the walk to the main building can be a HIKE. With that said, Ric's lounge is a treat and Maya Grlll is a WDW hidden treasure.

True. Can be up to a 15 minute walk from your room to the main building depending on your pace. Our family (with young kids) did not make it to the main building enough to use it's amenities for this reason.

One thing is the beds.....I know some mods have queen beds now whereas the values don't.

Also, are you bringing kids? The mods have a pool slide and this is a must for my kids!!

Good luck deciding.

The pool at CSR is awesome! And they also have a nice little outdoor lounge/bar close to the main building that overlooks the lake. Grounds are very pretty here.

$300 doesn't seem like much to upgrade from POP to CSR. I'd do it....and I'd request Cabanas section for their location.

Upgrade for sure!

Once the room discounts came out for our dates it ended up costing us $45ish if I remember right (for 6 nights) to upgrade from value (AoA-LM) to moderate (CSR)

CSR is our resort of choice. Let me tell you why:

1. The pool...best on the property in my opinion. Beautiful night or day. Great pool party activities for kids...adult trivia as well...a blast and far enough away from the rooms to get away from it if need be. Great for kids of all ages.

2. The hot tub....huge, close to pool, beautifully landscaped.

3. The quick serve at the pool. Great food/bar as well.

4. Pepper Market...great food choices.

5. The grounds...beautiful to walk around.

6. The areas...something for everyone..Personally, I love Ranchos. Being from the northeast, I love to see cactus and rock gardens totally opposite from where I live. 6a Vulture section if fairly close to pool and a short walk to bus stop.

7. Quick serve area -- gelato at night etc.

8. Gift shop...nicely done.

Best bang for the buck in a mod. category.

Happy choosing!:goodvibes

It will be worth it to up grade. You're upgrading from a value to a moderate and in my opinion there is a big difference between the two. The rooms are a lot bigger, you get queen size beds rather than double size beds, you'll have a sit down restaurant at your disposal, and you would have covered resort bus stops. Plus, at CSR, you'll have water craft rental options, as well as a fitness center and spa. CSR is the only moderate that has a fitness center and spa.

If you choose CRS, you might want to consider a preferred room. Of course, this would increase the price again.

CSR is our resort of choice. Let me tell you why:

1. The pool...best on the property in my opinion. Beautiful night or day. Great pool party activities for kids...adult trivia as well...a blast and far enough away from the rooms to get away from it if need be. Great for kids of all ages.

2. The hot tub....huge, close to pool, beautifully landscaped.

3. The quick serve at the pool. Great food/bar as well.

4. Pepper Market...great food choices.

5. The grounds...beautiful to walk around.

6. The areas...something for everyone..Personally, I love Ranchos. Being from the northeast, I love to see cactus and rock gardens totally opposite from where I live. 6a Vulture section if fairly close to pool and a short walk to bus stop.

7. Quick serve area -- gelato at night etc.

8. Gift shop...nicely done.

Best bang for the buck in a mod. category.

Happy choosing!:goodvibes

I second how great their gelato is. Yum! I might add the fitness and spa as a plus.

For $300 for a week, I would upgrade. I like Pop, but CSR is really pretty. It was my favorite mod for a long time, and the beds are SO much more comfy than Pop's. I love the look of the casitas section, and relaxing on a hammock facing the lake is so cozy. I wasn't fond of the ranchos at first, but they grew on me, and the last time I stayed there, we were so close to the pool (as opposed to the trip before that, it was like a 15-minute walk over there).

I was at Coronado Springs for a conference in Aug of 13. I returned to my room after a long boring day, and turned back my bed. I had a funny feeling on my hand, looked down I had a brown substance on my hand. I immediately walked to the front desk and very nicely asked if I could have a complete room cleaning. They told me that housekeeping was gone for the day. I then showed them my hand that was from the bed. They started making phone calls and within 10 minutes I had a whole crew to redo the cleaning.

I know it's a hotel, and they have to make money. My compensation was a night knocked off of the bill.

With that episode and walking out of my room one morning and finding a gater cage within 3 feet from my door didn't make me a happy camper.

I have stayed at other Disney properties and never had a problem. I have another vacation scheduled for mid March and I can't wait to get back down to disney.

For that price definitely CSR! The rooms are so much nicer, the pool is great, and the beds are comfy. There is a little more walking but everything else makes up for it.

Way to many factors that you're not disclosing in making a recommendation. CSR really doesn't have a Disney feel like POP will but that could work out if want a break from that. The rooms at CSR are much better and wasn't that impressed with ours when we stayed at POP as it looked old and outdated. The POP has some great photo opps while the pools at CSR are going to be much better. CSR will have hot tubs while POP will not. POP food dining place is always packed and crowded while Pepper Market crowds are less. CSR is a big resort which could be a negative if you have younger children. CSR can hold conventions or business functions while the POP does not. I could go on.

I have stayed at both a couple of time and have enjoyed both for different reasons.

If younger kids are traveling with you they may like the theme at POP better.

If your group is teens and adults CSR may be a better bet. Like others have mentioned they have a Spa, workout facilities, a sit down restaurant (one of my favorites), water slide and queen sized beds.

As for the hike in CSR, you can always hop a bus to get to the food since they circle the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter