• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me decide! CR, Poly or POR?

IcedMudd

Mouseketeer
We're tossing the idea of staying at a monorail resort next year. We're not worried about Club Level or concierge. Tell me why you love one of these resorts and why. We have a family of 5 with three small children.

We stayed at the Poly two years ago and LOVED it for small kids (ours were 2, 4 & 6 at the time). It was especially nice with our toddler because we could just wheel the stroller right onto the monorail without taking him out of it. (The buses were a lot more stressful, not only because of the longer waits, but because DS 2 was unused to riding in any vehicle unstrapped, and kept crying to get off my lap and run around.) We could easily catch the resort loop to the MK from the Great Ceremonial House or the Epcot monorail from the TTC, both in walking distance from our longhouse. There's also the ferry from the TTC or the boat launch direct from the resort if you want to change things up. The fireworks were visible from the resort if the kids were too tired to stay for Wishes; the volcano pool and beach were great for the older kids when the younger one was napping; Captain Cook's has decent counter service if your kids, like ours, get antsy at too many sit-down meals. We're going back next year, and I'm on the fence about going Poly again or trying the Wilderness Lodge, since the kids are a bit older, For young ones, though, I'd say Poly, hands down.

Poly is our favorite because of the theming and being on the monorail.

In your title you listed POR which is not a deluxe nor on the monorail. The other monorail resort is the GF.

The Poly is great. Really nice, big rooms. Lush landscaping. Really makes you feel like you are in a different place.

I'll throw my vote in for the CR if you reserve a Theme Park View room. In addition to being on the Monorail line, there is nothing like walking out to your balcony to watch the fireworks every night. We have two young boys (9 & 6) and we are usually beyond beat by the time it's time for the fireworks. I can't imagine staying at the MK late to view the fireworks or making the trip from another hotel just to view them after a long day in the parks.

My vote is for the Polynesian.

When our kids were younger we always stayed at a monorail resort. It makes it so much easier to just roll the stroller onto the monorail.

We love the Polynesian. I think it has such a nice relaxing theme - great for kids. CR is too busy and too modern for my taste. It is great to be able to watch the fireworks from the beach and the kids always got a kick out of seeing the castle when they were swimming.

The rooms at the Polynesian are really good sized - always helpful when you are travelling with kids!

You can also walk to the TTC and catch the monorail over to EPCOT too.

My vote is for the Contemporary because they are the closest resort to the Magic Kingdom, the only one with a walkway that goes there, their guest rooms are among the biggest of the Deluxe Resorts and they have an amazing atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter