Help me choose a ecv company to rent from

Sven1990

Earning My Ears
what was your experience like? What should I be Leary of? We will be staying at all star movies from November 7 to 14 2017

I can only comment on 3-Walker, Apple, and Buena Vista. Walker's the only one I've rented from, twice. Everything was excellent, but having to arrange drop off and pick up was a pain this last time. That's because the first time we stayed at a small resort (BCV) and after check in, 5 minutes later, they brought it to me by the valet, and when I returned it, it was a quick trip downstairs. But this last time we were at OKW, very spread out, and I had to get up to the Hospitality House (we were at Southpoint) so it wasn't convenient. So next time I want a vendor that will drop it off with bell services. I noticed that the Buena Vista scooters I saw had what appeared to be easier controls for the ECV riders-basically it looks like you just squeeze the handle-with the ones I've had, you have to push a lever with your thumb, and it doesn't take long for your thumb to get tired. I asked a few Buena Vista renters about their experiences, and they were all happy. Apple has an F rating with the Better Business Bureau-that's enough to keep me away from them! I feel bad about leaving Walker-if they became a "featured vendor" and could leave their scooters with bell services, I might put up with a sore thumb to stay with them.

As I posted in another thread for an ECV newbie:

Regardless of WHO you rent from, it's important to have the office hours & availability of your mobility vendor at hand. (Prior to owning my own ECV, I would make an address book entry in my phone for any mobility vendor I would rent from, so that I could access the number easily. In the "Notes" area, I would include information like office hours)

That way, if you have any issues with the ECV during your trip, you can easily reach out to the vendor, and hopefully get a quick response.

I know Walker Mobility is not a preferred vendor but they have been great for me for years. Meeting them in lobby can be a problem if your room is a long way off.

At first I was hesitant to travel with my personal scooter but the cost to rent one while in Florida is the same as putting extra insurance on mine. Thank you all for your help.

apple scooters- my mom rents from them a lot- no issues it is there when we get there and then you leave it at the resort for pick up always in good condition

I have rented from Apple a few times but last time the scooter was beat up looking. Had a problem one day with battery but it was my fault. So many bad reviews that I have rented from Buenos Vista for my trip the end of February.

I've used Apple 3 times, this last time after i picked up my scooter and got to magic kingdom i barely made it in the gate and started having issues with the battery. By the time we got to Splash Mountain it was barely crawling. I called Apple and they said they would send someone out. It took about an hour to get the repair guy there because he thought I said space mountain as to my location and I said splash mountain. He brought a new scooter, but said he was going to go back to the truck and get me a wider seat for the scooter as i'm not small. He never came back. I had no problems with the scooter for the rest of my 8 days I had it but with the seat being narrower and the padding worn down I felt the bars of the side of the seat digging into the back of my thighs all week.

My next trip in April I'm going to try out Scooterbug.

I'll be renting two scooters in December. I've rented before and the one thing I've learned is that all the rental companies are great until you have a scooter that doesn't work. Good advice by a previous poster is to have the phone number of your rental company in the park.

I will go with a featured vendor; because, they have resort drop off privileges. I just couldn't tolerate waiting for a scooter vendor to come.

I haven't quite decided who I will choose yet, but I'll keep watching here for experiences of others in this regard.

I have a friend who arrived yesterday and had a ressie with Apple. Arrived at her hotel and alas NO ECV there for her. She called them, they took it to the wrong resort! Said they'd have one there in 30 minutes. 2 hours later, still nothing!! She called Buena Vista. They said they could have one to her in 30 minutes and THEY DID!! She called Apple back and told them not to bother!!
She was sorry she went with the cheapest route.

I have used apple scooter and never had a problem. One year we had an issue with one of the tires and they replaced it that same day.

For our Thanksgiving 2015 trip, I rented my father a scooter through Randy's Mobility. They were great to work with and has a great price for the larger scooter that we needed. The drop off and pick up were quick and easy. For our upcoming July trip, both of my parents will be coming this time so most likely we will need 2 scooters and I plan on using them again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter