HELP: Jost Van Dyke Excursions?!

CourtneyandRyan

DIS Veteran
Hi- I'm looking at Jost Van Dyke Beach Day and Jost Van Dyke Beach Transfer through DCL. Any opinions on which to go with?

I want to make sure I can go to the Soggy Dollar Bar so is there one that is recommended that will get me the closest? Is it walking distance from where both excursions would dock?

Thank you!

Last edited:
My sister did the beach day excursion with Disney in January with her two kids. She visited the Soggy Dollar Bar - and saw Vince Vaughn, too. She wouldn’t have walked far with her two littles in tow, so my assumption is that the bar was easily walkable from where they ended up.

Its a pretty small beach and all the bars are in a line. You won't have a problem.

I did the Beach Day (TT65) once. They tender you from the boat to shore - literally, less than 150 feet, I’m guessing; it’s almost comical - and you are on White Bay beach, just a long football’s throw away from Soggy Dollar.

The lunch that’s included sucks. At least, it sucked for us. I would not include the lunch in your cost-benefit analysis for this excursion. That having said, I think it’s still worth the money to get dropped off right on the beach, and the extra time you get vs. the half-day excursion.

I did the Beach Day (TT65) once. They tender you from the boat to shore - literally, less than 150 feet, I’m guessing; it’s almost comical - and you are on White Bay beach, just a long football’s throw away from Soggy Dollar.

The lunch that’s included sucks. At least, it sucked for us. I would not include the lunch in your cost-benefit analysis for this excursion. That having said, I think it’s still worth the money to get dropped off right on the beach, and the extra time you get vs. the half-day excursion.

Do you know if you can take the Beach Transfer (TT14) and then return on the tender/boat with the Beach Day(TT65) people? In other words, take the transfer, but stay longer on the beach and not eat their lunch?

Were you limited to a certain section of the beach to sit?

Do you know if you can take the Beach Transfer (TT14) and then return on the tender/boat with the Beach Day(TT65) people? In other words, take the transfer, but stay longer on the beach and not eat their lunch?

Were you limited to a certain section of the beach to sit?

No idea. My guess is that they probably don’t want you doing that, and IIRC, you have to show them tickets when boarding to prove that you are on that particular excursion’s boat.

Imagine if everyone tried what you proposed - the TT14 boat would go back to the cruise port half-empty, and the later TT65 boat would head back overcrowded by half. And the liability issues if - God forbid - something happened to you on a boat you weren’t supposed to be on? Oy.

As for sitting, there is a reserved area on the west side of the beach which consists of a sheltered picnic structure and a bunch of chairs. This is where they serve your lunch.

You could certainly take a beach blanket and lay out elsewhere if you wanted.

Thanks for your reply. I was hoping they had multiple boats going back during the afternoon and you could just hop on anyone you wanted. I've experienced this type of situation before, but I guess the time involved in the transfer between the beach and ship for this excursion doesn't make that doable.

Thanks for your reply. I was hoping they had multiple boats going back during the afternoon and you could just hop on anyone you wanted. I've experienced this type of situation before, but I guess the time involved in the transfer between the beach and ship for this excursion doesn't make that doable.

Yeah, I don’t think it’s like a hotel shuttle making constant round-trips.

Again, even skipping the crap lunch and instead paying for food out of pocket, I’d still do TT65.

Is there ample shade anywhere for us ghost-like people? And they mention "prepare to get your feet wet, as there is no dock on this white-sand beach..." we want my 79 year old mom to join us....how difficult is it to get in and out of the boat? Thank you so much in advance.

Is there ample shade anywhere for us ghost-like people? And they mention "prepare to get your feet wet, as there is no dock on this white-sand beach..." we want my 79 year old mom to join us....how difficult is it to get in and out of the boat? Thank you so much in advance.
there are umberellas provided. How mobile is she? There is a bit of maneuvering that needs to be done and if she struggles with balance, I would recommend against her doing the excursion as the transfer from the main boat to the skiff that takes people to shore could be difficult for people who struggle with mobility.

I did fall getting back on the boat from the little launch that takes you to the beach. But there were people of all ages including a barely able to walk child with a muscle disorder. The employees also assist you with boarding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter