• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help in deciding which parks to visit

Pree

Earning My Ears
We are accompanying DH on his business trip to Orlando and staying off-site 40 mins away from WDW.
So it will be mom and the kids (2 and 9):love1: visiting WDW for 3 days (no park hopper).
I plan to skip DS2's nap because of how much time we'll lose.

I can't decide if I should do
1. MK , Epcot , MK or
2. MK , Epcot , HS

I don't see much for my toddler to do in HS other than the Toy Story ride and Character meets.

Also, can we wait in line with DD9 on rides like Mine train, Soarin etc where DD2 is not allowed? I want to be with her till she gets on the ride by herself and then meet her at the exit.

Thx!

Skip Hollywood Studios. My kids hated it as preschoolers. The Disney Junior show is mediocre at best and other than Toy Story Mania there's really not much else there for little kids.
I'd either do two days at MK or do Animal Kingdom for the third day.

Unfortunately, you can't wait in line with the 9 year old on rides that the 2 year old is too small for. Bummer, I know. But your 9 year old will be fine. (I'm assuming she has a fast pass for the big rides)

Have fun!

We are accompanying DH on his business trip to Orlando and staying off-site 40 mins away from WDW.
So it will be mom and the kids (2 and 9):love1: visiting WDW for 3 days (no park hopper).
I plan to skip DS2's nap because of how much time we'll lose.

I can't decide if I should do
1. MK , Epcot , MK or
2. MK , Epcot , HS

I don't see much for my toddler to do in HS other than the Toy Story ride and Character meets.

Also, can we wait in line with DD9 on rides like Mine train, Soarin etc where DD2 is not allowed? I want to be with her till she gets on the ride by herself and then meet her at the exit.

Thx!

I would do MK, EP, MK

No, Disney will not allow anyone who is not tall enough to ride the ride into the queue.

I would do MK, AK, and HW. I'd skip the extra walking, for little pay off (in terms of kids) of Epcot.

I would definitely do Epcot, there's more for young children than most people know! Yu have the Seas with Nemo and Turtle Talk, plus exploring the aquarium; Figment, character spot, a good number of M&G's, the Gran Fiesta boat ride in Mexico, all the KidCot stations in WS, watching the train in Germany, the acrobats in China, drummers in Japan, Serveur Amusante in France. If you're there after the Frozen Ever After attraction ride opens there will be that also (although you'll definitely want a FP for it). I'm sure I'm missing something, too! Oh, the Living with the Land ride. Your 9 year old will most likely enjoy this. Your 2 year old won't really get anything out of it but can go on it and there's enough for him to look at to keep him occupied.

As for HS, you have Muppets, TSMM........yeah. Unfortunately that's about it. Great Movie Ride but that won't interest him. I would assume neither will the Beauty and the Beast Show or the Voyage of the Little Mermaid show, although your 9 year old may like them as well as Star Tours? So also the Disney Jr. Show and then a few M & G's. So, my vote would be for MK-EP-MK. And it's hard for me to say that because HS used to be my favorite park - and hopefully will be again one day :sad1:

I'd do MK, EPCOT, AK. Every time we go, I end up wondering why Animal Kingdom is such a low-attendance park. It's lovely, totally kid-friendly with things for kids with all kinds of interests. Our favorite character meal is there - at Tusker House. Lots of fun to be had there.

But then, that's me. :)

I would suggest 2 days at MK and 1 at EPCOT. There is so much to do at MK for your kids ages. Mine are 3 and almost 10 and those are our favorites.

I think its going to depend if you decide to allow your 9 year old to go through line alone or not and whether she would be comfortable doing so, and what the crowds...thus the wait times on these rides will be. You will have FP but you will have to decide whether to book all three big rides for her or not. You can book different rides for each person BUT that would leave her alone while you road with the little guy, or allow the two of them to stand in line alone. Unless she is going to ride some of the big rides alone , I would forgo the HS. If she is going to ride some of the rides at MK alone, I would maybe do two days there, if not I would do one at MK, Epcot and AK. A few of the rides have single rider lines that are much shorter. I have a very mature 9 year old and I just don't think I would be ok with him waiting in a line alone.......maybe a very short FP line....with a cell phone??????????? Many people would be fine with it and thats ok too. :)

I would skip HS. Two MK days would be nice, however I also think AK is worth a visit.

I'm sorry for such a late response but thank you all! You have given me such great tips. I'm leaning toward MK Epcot MK. I showed my 9 year old all your suggestions and she decided to skip HS this time.

Before skipping HS, check out videos on different areas in the park. My 2 yr old son LOVED Disney jr on stage in California, and I've been told that it is the same show in Orlando. And if either of your kids likes Star Wars, you will find things that they like. Since your oldest is 9, why not ask him/her for opinions on what s/he would like to see? The 2 yr old won't know what s/he is missing, but the 9 yr old will compare notes with other kids.

Since it's just going to be you and the kids, you're going to want to maximize your visit with parks with rides that allow you to all ride together. So, your MK, EP, MK plan sounds the most solid. You'll miss out on some good shows at HS/AK (Disney Junior, Beauty/Beast/Little Mermaid/Lion King, but other than TSM, I don't know of any 'big' family rides that you'd be missing that your 2yo can go on. It's probably more disappointing for your 9yo if she's a coaster fan.

I think I would hit MK first day.. see how that went.. then if they had the time of their lives, I would hit that park again vs DHS... If the day at MK was only so so, then I would put DHS or even AK back on the table..

I wouldn't do DHS with a toddler. There just isn't much there for them. I'd be much more inclined to do Animal Kingdom. But most likely with only 3 days I'd just do MK, Epcot, MK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter